shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond shopping service....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taualum23

Rough_Rock
I was just thinking about this....it might not make sense.
What is the feasibility of someone giving an expert a budget, a basic description of the stone, what is most important to them, and having said expert find said stone for a fee. If that person is not a diamond retailer, and I offered some reasonable compensation per stone, would anyone take me up on it?

For example. $15000 budget. No smaller than 1.85 c, princess cut, looking for best sparkle and brilliance possible. Prefer no less than G color, SI1, should be eye clean. Everyone/everytime I ask, I get a large amount of VERY helpful (I do appreciate it) advice about this percentage, that ratio, angle, etc, and all sorts of stuff that I am sure is interesting and makes a huge difference, but I simply do not have time or energy to look at a thousand reports for each stone and do calculations.

If I go to a b&M, I always feel like they are "selling" me. I guess what I want is a personal shopper. Anybody want the job?

PS: I recognize that this might be really dumb....if you think it is a remarkeably stupid idea, Ummm...I was joking...yeah...that''s it.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, it is tempting...........but, too many variables!! i've looked at lots (and lots) of princess stones, but there is no way i would want to be responsible for that kind of purchase for someone else. however, as an alternative, i *know* if you call one of the ps vendors and tell them what you want, then you will end up with a beautious rock!!! best of luck!!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it is a stupid idea at all -- there is SO MUCH information to go through and as a beginner it can seem a bit overwhelming. Also, it doesn''t seem very efficient -- if someone else already knows what to look for, why not pay them so you don''t have to spend hours researching yourself? It is for the same reasons that many people hire wedding planners.

I am utterly unqualified to help you though.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like a wonderful concept. I think the point being made is that what one person finds acceptable another may not. Many people would be unwilling to take that risk. Sounds like a dream job for me...shopping and getting paid to do it.
9.gif

I am sure you can get exactly what you are looking for within your budget. I second the suggestion to contact one of the PS vendor that get good reviews. They shouldn''t lead you wrong, even though they are vendors. They have great reputations on here.

Lynne~

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2005 48:21 PM
Author:taualum23

I was just thinking about this....it might not make sense.
What is the feasibility of someone giving an expert a budget, a basic description of the stone, what is most important to them, and having said expert find said stone for a fee.

If that person is not a diamond retailer, and I offered some reasonable compensation per stone, would anyone take me up on it?
Jewelers broker stones even if their main business is not selling diamonds. They'll certainly take your money and sure know what to look for, bona fide
34.gif

Otherwise, Pricescope wisedom is free, more or less expert as it comes
2.gif

Up to you to choose whom to believe, as usual...

Brian Knox

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Princess cuts and other fancies need to be seen.

You cannot predict beauty from the numbers to the degree you can with rounds.

Find someone that is willing to show you a number of stones side by side.

It is the best way.

On another point, anybody in the business of selling diamonds is going to try to sell you their diamond.

The trick is to find the dealer that will listen to what you want and find those stones for you.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
That should absolutely be part of your vendor''s job. and is realized in the final purchase price - it also makes it a one step process, not 2 steps the way you have suggested proceeding.

dtexan

Rough_Rock
This one is slightly over your budget but great color and clarity.

Princess1

And this one is an H color but good clarity, within your budget and it''s bigger! :)

Princess2

When can i be expecting the commission?
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results