shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique?

xoashxo

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know what era this is from? Ithink it is sterling silver, the diamonds are real. That's all I know. Please help if you can.

Thanks

brac_003.jpg

brac_002.jpg

brac_006.jpg

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
It could be white gold. I have a necklace that's similar to the rectangular parts and it's white gold. Can't help with the era, though. It's very pretty.

liz

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
My *guess* is the Edwardian/Art Deco era... but did I stress *GUESS*??? Not an expert in these things, just someone with an opinion! ;))

I'd also agree with LibbyLA - I'm more inclined to think it is WG than silver, with all of that detail work.

xoashxo

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input....I have been searching online for days trying to figure out what era this could be from. I Love this piece, It is very dear to me. My grandmother passed it down to me. I just would love to know more about it. Looking on the web I found similar pieces but none exact. I have found out there is crystal,and filigree.< I think by looking at the similar ones>. They seem to be reproductions tho, and I'm not sure if I have an authentic piece or not.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I believe it's camphor glass. It might be gold.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you take it to an independent appraiser, who specializes in dating items? Or at least is knowledgeable in dating items?

xoashxo

Rough_Rock
I would if I knew where to go. I live 30 min. from town and there really isn't an appraiser that I know of who could tell me what it is.
Im pretty much out in the woods..lol.

lindacat

Rough_Rock
Yes, this is camphor glass - not sure about the gold. Alot were sterling, but some were also done in gold. Look for a mark someplace on the bracelet to tell you....I did find this on the internet as far as timeframes:
Camphor Glass pieces started to be made first around 1890 mostly as mourning necklaces or brooches, and were made right up to the early 1940,s.... becoming perhaps most popular in the late 1920's to mid 1930's.
Reproduction pieces have been made in the last 20 or 30 years and it is really not easy for the lay man to tell the difference, it's just a little thing here or there a clasp perhaps...take for instance there were no safety clasps on pins back before 1930 they used C clasps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results