shape
carat
color
clarity

Carat size for abalone pearl

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
I found a crazy abalone several years ago, large shell with about 11 mabes and inside the meat were a complete pearl and one half formed which was little muscle shell. I imagine this pearl is a muscle too since they were approx the same shape.

Anyway, I would not have set the poor thing had I found it today, but am just curious, how the size on these are determined considering that the weight must vary depending on the natural nucleus?

abapearl.jpg

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot help you with the technical information you seek, but I have to say that that is one cool pendant.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
JaneSmith|1350344443|3286006 said:
I cannot help you with the technical information you seek, but I have to say that that is one cool pendant.

thanks! i get shivers when i think about that abalone. the shell was magnificent but when i saw that first pearl as i cut it up for steaks....

it is nearly impossible to get info on these. i stopped by that abalone pearl place in new zealand when i was there and they did not have anything but mabes at the time and not much info about the loose pearls.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Head over to PearlGuide and join there. Many of the ladies collect them and members there can answer your question.
The forum is huge, happy reading.
http://www.pearl-guide.com/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results