shape
carat
color
clarity

the most unhealthy junk food you ever ate?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1348094107|3271244 said:
Dancing Fire|1348090086|3271202 said:
tuffyluvr|1348079426|3271078 said:
Dancing Fire|1348033473|3270705 said:
Sept 30 is Mid-Autumn Festival. i love Chinese mooncakes :lickout: = instant heart attack... ::) ..i don't wanna know how many calories per cake.i usually eat 1/2 a cake each time. :nono:

http://www.lotsofcravings.com/2010/08/wing-wah-mooncakes-imported-from-hong.html

I have never heard of mooncake, so I did a little google research... holy cow! 1,000 calories packed into a little 10cm diameter cake?!? They must be SO rich! We are going to Monterey Park for dim sum next weekend--I should make a trip to Kee Wah bakery to try some!
get ready to call 911.. ::)

When I was younger, I used to cut them all open and eat all the egg yolk. (maybe 10 egg yolks total?) The rest of it doesn't impress me!
salted duck egg yolks are... :lickout:

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire|1348103601|3271332 said:
When I was younger, I used to cut them all open and eat all the egg yolk. (maybe 10 egg yolks total?) The rest of it doesn't impress me!

I eat just the yolks too! My family would complain that I would eat the yolks and leave the rest behind! The lotus paste and red bean moon cakes are ok, but the ones with the nuts and dried fruit are :knockout:
Have you tried the new icy ones? I've been curious, but not enough to buy yet!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
The other thing that made my heart hurt was a bite of DH'S double down sandwich from KFC. :knockout:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sapporo Ichiban. With Egg. And kimchi on the side.

The next day my face is so bloated, my eyes are practically squeezed shut.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sept 30 is Mid-Autumn Festival. i love Chinese mooncakes :lickout: = instant heart attack... ::) ..i don't wanna know how many calories per cake.i usually eat 1/2 a cake each time. :nono:

http://www.lotsofcravings.com/2010/08/wing-wah-mooncakes-imported-from-hong.html

I have never heard of mooncake, so I did a little google research... holy cow! 1,000 calories packed into a little 10cm diameter cake?!? They must be SO rich! We are going to Monterey Park for dim sum next weekend--I should make a trip to Kee Wah bakery to try some!

Tuffyluvr, if you go to KEEWAH, visit me! I live down the street! (oh, btw, please check the gtg thread!)

DF, do you know where they sell REAL date moon cake? Even kee wah seems to have red bean mixed in it. I CAN TASTE IT! They're trying to jip me ;( I want real date paste, and I haven't had real date paste since I was in grade school.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all you hostess pie girls, if you're ever feeling nostalgic, there are tons of hand pie recipes on-line, like these: http://camillestyles.com/uncategorized/the-perfect-bite-blueberry-hand-pies/. Yum! I may make some apple ones this fall.

Let's see. I have eaten soooo many unhealthy things. I guess I'd have to say the twinkies of childhood. Blergh. Do they still sell that sort of thing in school cafeterias?

I expected more people to say things like fried snickers, etc. Where are all the county fair people?????????

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Poutine - french fries, gravy, cheese curds melted on top. You can even ask for toppings at some of the chip trucks - like bacon!!! Just have 911 on speed dial - its a heart attack waiting for a place to happen!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever it was, I'm absolutely sure it was deep fried! I LOVE fried foods - I'm sure it's a genetic thing!

The Dutch part of my heritage includes a New Years tradition called "oliebollen" - literally, "oil balls" - which are like little round yeast-raised raisin-and-apple fritters that are deep-fried and then rolled in powdered sugar. When we were growing up (here in the States) my parent would set up a deep fryer in the garage on New Years Day and turn out hundreds of oliebollen to share with the neighbors. The oliebollen themselves aren't so bad, but I could easily eat one or two dozen over the course of a day - not so good! The first few years after I moved out on my own my mother would fill a shoe box with oliebollen in the morning, and send them to me via Greyhound so I could enjoy them the same day!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh, I never realized mooncakes are that unhealthy. When I was younger, I used to love eating the yolks but I can't stomach that anymore. I think I've eaten a total of only 1/2 a mooncake this year, no yolk. It was so yummy - just melted in my mouth.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="madelise|1348119720|

DF, do you know where they sell REAL date moon cake? Even kee wah seems to have red bean mixed in it. I CAN TASTE IT! They're trying to jip me ;( I want real date paste, and I haven't had real date paste since I was in grade school.[/quote]

date mooncake??... :confused: don't you mean lotus seed paste mooncake? the red bean ones are.. :knockout: ..Wing Wah brand from HK makes the best mooncake.i buy the ones with 4 yolk inside each cake.. :lickout:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="hoover|1348110762|

I eat just the yolks too! My family would complain that I would eat the yolks and leave the rest behind! The lotus paste and red bean moon cakes are ok, but the ones with the nuts and dried fruit are :knockout:
Have you tried the new icy ones? I've been curious, but not enough to buy yet![/quote]

i haven't yet.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love red bean followed by lotus paste. Nothing is going to make me eat the Fruit and Nut although that is my father's favourite. My sister brought back teeny tiny red date mooncake that are handmade from some sort of nunnery and it was heavenly. What's the icy one?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1348119720|3271451 said:

Tuffyluvr, if you go to KEEWAH, visit me! I live down the street! (oh, btw, please check the gtg thread!)

DF, do you know where they sell REAL date moon cake? Even kee wah seems to have red bean mixed in it. I CAN TASTE IT! They're trying to jip me ;( I want real date paste, and I haven't had real date paste since I was in grade school.

Madelise: Since you're a local, where do you go for dim sum? My Chinese friend's parents live in Monterey Park, and are apparently quite the dim sum connoiseures and they suggest Elite or Sea Harbor... we go to PV Palace in Lomita since it's close. It's okayyyy, but I know there are much better places out there...

excited for the GTG!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Chrono|1348163321|3271747 said:
I love red bean followed by lotus paste. Nothing is going to make me eat the Fruit and Nut although that is my father's favourite. My sister brought back teeny tiny red date mooncake that are handmade from some sort of nunnery and it was heavenly. What's the icy one?

Yep. My parents love the fruit and nut ones....

I saw them in the freezer section at T & T for a couple years now. I think they're ice cream flavours and the skin looks like it's similar to mochi dough.

http://posharpstore.com/en-us/ice-mooncakes-c241.aspx (I couldn't find a non vendor link. Hope that's ok)

They're even more expensive than the regular mooncakes! :errrr: They're probably better for you than the regular mooncakes though. :lol: Isn't it scary that the plastic wrapper is greasy, the skin is greasy, the paste leaves your fingers all shiny and oily? Then there are the yolks - ai... The solid little balls of artery clogging goodness :lickout:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1348158165|3271687 said:

date mooncake??... :confused: don't you mean lotus seed paste mooncake? the red bean ones are.. :knockout: ..Wing Wah brand from HK makes the best mooncake.i buy the ones with 4 yolk inside each cake.. :lickout:[/quote]

I like lotus seed paste, too, but date is my soft spot. I haven't had it for forever. You haven't had date? In Mandarin, it's called zhaoni. 枣泥. I've never found a GOOD, pure date paste, ever. ;(

Hoover, what's icy? :confused:

Tuffy, I vote Elite. :) I like Elite. A lot.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
MC|1348066253|3270868 said:
Skippy|1348066033|3270866 said:
hmmm I use to drink Slurpee's years ago. Twinkies? I don't know, those cake things have tons of preservatives; maybe something Little Debbie? I can't believe I ate some of those things; I would seriously gag to eat any of them now.

Top Ramen? I notice now when I eat it, my eye get a bit puffy from all the sodium!

After watching Zombieland, we went and bought some Twinkies and I swear they didn't taste as good as I remember them being. In fact, they were gross. I can't imagine risking my life and having my brain eaten by a Zombie over getting a Twinkie fix!

LOL. I have to laugh because DH bought me twinkies after I said that I have never had a twinkies while watching that movie. I didn't think they are good. I like ho-ho's though.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
hoover|1348110762|3271405 said:
Dancing Fire|1348103601|3271332 said:

Have you tried the new icy ones? I've been curious, but not enough to buy yet!

I know everyone love the yolks, but I don't like it. My parents and sisters had to eat the pieces with yolks, but I don't like the ones without yolks. The lotus paste taste different somehow.

I have had the icy ones. I like them, but it's so different from traditional mooncake. I like the durian mooncake from Singapore. It's all durian flesh inside, well bad if you don't like durian.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1348174677|3271852 said:
MC|1348066253|3270868 said:
Skippy|1348066033|3270866 said:
hmmm I use to drink Slurpee's years ago. Twinkies? I don't know, those cake things have tons of preservatives; maybe something Little Debbie? I can't believe I ate some of those things; I would seriously gag to eat any of them now.

Top Ramen? I notice now when I eat it, my eye get a bit puffy from all the sodium!

After watching Zombieland, we went and bought some Twinkies and I swear they didn't taste as good as I remember them being. In fact, they were gross. I can't imagine risking my life and having my brain eaten by a Zombie over getting a Twinkie fix!

LOL. I have to laugh because DH bought me twinkies after I said that I have never had a twinkies while watching that movie. I didn't think they are good. I like ho-ho's though.

Are those like Ding Dongs? Those are good--or parts of them.....

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
These are ho-ho's

ho_ho_s.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
These are the icy mooncakes. There are many flavors.

__________________.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1348174669|3271851 said:
Dancing Fire|1348158165|3271687 said:

date mooncake??... :confused: don't you mean lotus seed paste mooncake? the red bean ones are.. :knockout: ..Wing Wah brand from HK makes the best mooncake.i buy the ones with 4 yolk inside each cake.. :lickout:

I like lotus seed paste, too, but date is my soft spot. I haven't had it for forever. You haven't had date? In Mandarin, it's called zhaoni. 枣泥. I've never found a GOOD, pure date paste, ever. ;(

Hoover, what's icy? :confused:

Tuffy, I vote Elite. :) I like Elite. A lot.[/quote]
no,i didn't know there is date fillings mooncakes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1348175303|3271862 said:
These are ho-ho's

They do appear like ding dongs--except for the shape. I would eat them but peel that "icing" (aka brown sweet waxy substance) off and just eat the inside.

No offence but those moon cake thingies look gross. Maybe I should try one before I pass "judgement"--but they are no hell for looks! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1348177237|3271877 said:
These are ho-ho's

They do appear like ding dongs--except for the shape. I would eat them but peel that "icing" (aka brown sweet waxy substance) off and just eat the inside.

No offence but those moon cake thingies look gross. Maybe I should try one before I pass "judgement"--but they are no hell for looks! :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Yeah same stuff as ding dong. I like ho-ho's more because the cream and cake more evenly distributed. I don't like the cream all in the center because I think it's too sweet.

Have you ever have mochi ice cream? It's more or less like that, the icy mooncake.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would have to be a piece of deep fried chicken on a biscuit covered in sausage gravy. That's definitely a heart attack on a plate.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Am I the only loser that still likes junk?

Fine, I admit. I love cake. Birthday Cake to be specific. Sometimes I order tiny ones from the grocery store just for myself! I love anything cheesy. Put cheddar on something and I will eat it. I will eat Nachos even if I am not hungry at all.

AND, I eat at McDonalds and love every stinking bite! I don't do it often, but I will visit the golden arches with a smile on my face while I order my Big Mac combo with Coke. Don't even get me started on Arbys. I don't know what that meat is since I have never seen roast beef behave like that. All I can come up with is that it is some sort heavenly meat sent to Earth just for me.

I don't eat this way everyday, but I am not a health nut either. I freaking like the crap food and I'm gonna eat it if I want. My good and bad cholesterol is where it should be and my blood pressure is awesome so bring on the fries!!!

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting the pic of the icy mooncakes, qtiekiki :wavey:

I confess to eating the worse lunch EVER today because I wanted to clear out my fridge and pantry: 6 slices of bacon (crispy), a bowl of KD, a can of Coke, and 2 hostess cupcakes (all the talk of hostess pies and twinkies made me hunt for my stash). Then I snacked on bugles and a coffee crisp bar. I feel so sick (actually, guilty) :knockout:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki|1348178064|3271883 said:
canuk-gal|1348177237|3271877 said:
These are ho-ho's

cheers--Sharon

Yeah same stuff as ding dong. I like ho-ho's more because the cream and cake more evenly distributed. I don't like the cream all in the center because I think it's too sweet.

Have you ever have mochi ice cream? It's more or less like that, the icy mooncake.

I rarely eat ice cream--1/2 a scoop a year if I am lucky.

But now I am motivated to try a moon pie. Will search one out and report back! :lickout:

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Oh this one is easy although I have eaten A LOT of really bad food over the years.

When I went to go visit my friend at Penn State I ate at a place called "Are U Hungry?"

The sandwich I had there was a foot long and as a bet, I had to finish the whole thing. For being 4'11, I can eat!

It had steak, american cheese, 1 chicken finger, fries, 2 mozzarella sticks, mayo, and ketchup. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

I had about 1 inch left to eat and I threw up. Ha!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1348071129|3270930 said:
When I was a teenager I think I ate a hamburger and fries at a McDonald's once.

This is comical haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results