shape
carat
color
clarity

newbe questions about a diamond i have

markreef10

Rough_Rock
Hey there, Im new to the forum here and I have a couple questions on i diamond that was inherated a while back It is a old european cut, 1.12ct from the 1900-1920s the color is quite nice the only issue is a black inclusion right smack dab in the center and is large enuff to be seen probably the size of a tip of a pencil. atached are some pics to give an idea

i would like to know an aproxamate value on the stone and would it be worth having it graded i think it is like $80 to grade it so its not going to break me but if its not going to make a difference i wont bother. was looking at putting it in a ring for my wife but not sure she would like the spot

thanks in advance for any input

diaomnd_3.jpg

diamond_17.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I can't comment on the value of the stone, but I probably wouldn't bother getting a lab report if you plan to keep and wear the stone yourself. If you plan to insure the stone then you will need an appraisal anyway and that will supply you with an idea of it's color, clarity and value anyway. Should you decide to sell the stone in the future, then I would consider a lab report.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The inclusion is pretty visible. I also would not go to the trouble of having it graded. I wouldn't set it in a ring. But I would ask her if she might like it in a pendant that people wouldn't see as close up as a ring.

markreef10

Rough_Rock
ok thanks for the input. probably should put the fire suit on now but what about having the stone clarity enhanced to laser drill and remove the carbon what are the cons of doing that more so than just leaving it

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
UGH! I could NOT clarity enhance that OEC!! No! One thing about inclusions, is that they are unique to that diamond. Some love them for that uniqueness and it makes it clearly obvious when identifying your stone.

If it were me, I'd love that diamond in a pendant... I have an OEC in a BGD Barbara and love it!

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
I agree the inclusion is too large to turn your diamond into a ring. You should leave it as it is and set it as a lovely pendant ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results