shape
carat
color
clarity

Who''s going where on their Honeymoon?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your advice. The French Quater and the Garden District were the main places I wanted to see. I hadn''t thought about hurricanes which is something to consider I was more worried about the ''gators and snakes and stuff as I am really not not good with reptiles but I''d love to go out hiking and stuff.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Emerald girl. I mean no offense by this, but reptiles (crocs) and snakes are something we are more concerned with in YOUR country!
2.gif
You don''t have to worry too much here.

But I guess Melbourne isn''t exactly loaded with beasts from the wild!

NYCDiva

Rough_Rock
Guys, please don''t get me wrong, I didn''t mean to offend anyone by saying that Hawaii is a "common" vacation spot, I will most likely be going there myself. It''s clearly one of the best vacation spots out there. What I meant to say was I was hoping to go somewhere very very different. For example Tahiti, or Fiji, those places are not visited as often as Hawaii is. Although Im dying to at one point be able to visit all 3.
1.gif

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
We''re going to Tortola in the BVI for a week in April (have to fit it in on FI''s spring break)

Colleen

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
We are going to Petite St. Vincent in the Grenadines. I can''t wait for a week of blissful alone time with my honey. There are only 22 cottages on the whole island. You communicate with the staff via a flag pole. Yellow means "we need something." Red means "privacy." Each cottage is situated for great views & tropical breezes. There are private beach huts too. This looks to be a great location if you want to focus on just the 2 of you...not at all good for those who want more activity (bars, golf, shopping etc.)

It''ll also be a good time to cash in those air miles. We''ll fly to Chicago- Barbados, catch a smaller plane then a boat to actually get to the island. A lot of travel time, but it looks worth it to me.

http://psvresort.com/

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Italy, yahoo!

stellamarina

Rough_Rock
Southern Spain, can HARDLY wait!
36.gif

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
If you are going for a quiet time in Dublin then maybe choose mid week?

In the UK, lots of people go to Dublin for their hen and stag parties (very drunk brides and grooms to be and lots of drinking games etc), so you may not see it at it''s best on a weekend! Maybe ask your hotel whether they take stag or hen bookings first?

They''ve been trying to cut down on this by not taking lots of single sex groups, but people still get round it by going as a mixed group and then spitting up later.

Anyone from Dublin please chip in with the quieter spots!!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
If we had the $$, we''d go to Cairns Australia (GBR!!!), but we''re leaning towards a Carribean cruise. Don''t know where exactly, or for how long yet.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
in my dream world we would spend 2 weeks in italy/paris and then 1 week in some tropical place like tahiti to unwind and relax before heading back to real life.

=)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
JCJD, Cairns can be affordable...

Depending on time of year, you can get some bargain flights to Australia. For instance, our summer is their winter, and I''ve seen fares as low as $500 RT that time of year to Sydney (although the average is more like 7 or 800 on internet specials). From there, you''d get a RT fro Sydney to Cairns. The thing is the GBR is nicer that time of year anyway. Their summer is rainy and hot hot hot. Water temp may not be as warm as when I went in Nov, but at least it''s not box jellyfish season in July!

Once there, accommodation is reasonable. Granted, the dollar isn''t as strong as it used to be (one year when I was there, it was 2 AUD for 1 USD...a bargain!), but it can still be done. I would also recommend Port Douglas over Cairns...many of the good reef operators go out of Port Douglas. And it''s a very island feel without the island prices. Cairns from what I remember has no beaches...more like mud flats, while Port Douglas has some nice ones. Palm Cove is also very romantic and is closer to Cairns than Port Douglas.

I don''t know when you are getting married, and I know I don''t know your budget, but I thought I''d put in my two cents on Australia and the Great Barrier Reef. I never wanted to dive before I planned my trip there, and ended up getting certified before I went. Diving the Great Barrier Reef was one of the more wondrous things I''ve done in my life.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, I also need to clarify that those fares are from Los Angeles (and I don''t know where you live). But many airlines do pretty decent fares to LA as well!

We are most likely going to Bali with a stop over in Hong Kong.

I''ve gotten over freaking out about going to Asia. Evidently it doesn''t only have the beautiful and relaxing aspects, it''s also got some great deals.

10 weeks from tomorrow I''ll be saying "I do"
emsmile.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
We are planning on going to Scotland. FI is Scottish and I am Italian, and we are having a Scottish-Italian themed wedding (from pipers and kilts to the lasagna and jordan almonds). I wanted to go to Italy but I only get a week off work and I''d definitely need a few weeks over there!!!
3.gif
So we will go tour Scotland and do Italy for a future anniversary.

35.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
We went to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for our honeymoon and stayed at Secrets Excellence resort which was FABULOUS. DH and I both wanted to go to Hawaii but we''re both lazy lay on the beach type people and are not sightseers so we decided not to spend the money.

We''re leaving this Thurs. again for Punta Cana and staying at a different resort this time. We decided to get away before our baby is born (I''m 12 weeks). We use applevacations.com to book all inclusive trips and don''t have to pay for anything when we''re there, including alcoholic beverages which I won''t get to enjoy this time. Our whole trip cost less that $2,000.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
marriahlyn - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I wish you and your husband all the best!!! Enjoy your "second honeymoon"!!!

$2000 for both of you?? Does that include airfare? transportation? PM me please! Thanks!!

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
JCJD-thanks, we''re excited. We finally did it after 4 IVF''s and this baby will come around my birthday in July!!

Yes our trip includes charter non-stop airfare from Chicago. Just go to the applevacations site....they leave out from quite a few cities. I''ve been to Jamaica twice and now Punta Cana twice using them. Our honeymoon trip was a bit more because we booked early. This time, we booked a week ago and got in on the last minute deals. My travel agent says they add new "deals" at midnight every night for the hotels that don''t get booked up and they lower the prices within the next travel month. DH is slow at work and works mostly from home and I don''t work so it''s easy for us to just take off anytime!!

I''m taking my 6yo dd on a cruise for her spring break this April..........will be my first cruise and her and I are going all by ourselves. It''s our tradition to travel every other year during spring break.....so I''ll get 2 vacations before the baby is born.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/10/2005 12
6.gif
1:23 AM
Author: TravelingGal
LOL Emerald girl. I mean no offense by this, but reptiles (crocs) and snakes are something we are more concerned with in YOUR country!
2.gif
You don''t have to worry too much here.

But I guess Melbourne isn''t exactly loaded with beasts from the wild!
No Melbourne''s not but I understand what you''re saying I went on a rainforest walk on holiday up north a few months ago and I think I missed most of the walk freaking out about the sankes and crocs and other nasty creatures

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Cairns is fantastic it is pretty cheap up there as well. Another place if FNQ (Far north Queensland) is Airlie Beach it is about halfway between Brisbane and Cairns a smaller town but it is the mainland town of the Whitsunday Islands and fantastic. It''s also a bit cheaper than Cairns not as well known and crowded and way cheaper than the islands but cheap to go out on day trips etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results