shape
carat
color
clarity

My 14yr old cat has passed

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear your precious cat has passed Holly, it is never easy to deal with the loss of a loved pet :(( I am sure he was blessed to be with a family like yours and he had a wonderful life. Big hugs!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to everyone who stopped here to console me. Y'all are very sweet and kind.

We've decided that we will look at the area shelters after our vacation in October. We plan on being gone a couple of nights (we're returning for a few days to our honeymoon site) and don't want to leave a recently adopted animal all alone for that many days. You can leave a cat with plenty of food and water for that long, but I wouldn't want do that to an animal who may have already been abandoned.

We're doing okay; we had been preparing for Emma's death for at least a month. But we do miss the companionship of having a pet nearby to interact with.

Her daddy is missing his morning buddy. She would sit on the bathroom counter and watch him shave, and he would make up little kitty ditties to sing to her. I think she must have thought all songs were about her, since we sang to her all the time.

I find myself being quiet in the kitchen, because any activity at all there would always bring her out of hiding to inquire about what we might like to feed her! We had a thunderstorm yesterday, and my first thought was that I needed to go reassure Emma.

We said to each other, time and again, as we cleaned cat barf off the carpet or swept up giant balls of kitty fur, that we would probably not have another. It would be nice to reclaim OUR house and keep it clean and neat.

Yeah, right. Once a pet owner, always a pet owner. Or as they say, "Cats don't have owners, they have staff." We need a kitty to serve. ;))

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
very wise to get a kitty after the trip, Holly.

and yes once one has served a kitty, one will always want to serve a kitty......

its addictive!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
*hugs* Holly. Sorry to come in so late, but I just saw this and wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm so happy Emma had such a loving home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results