shape
carat
color
clarity

I think I got a steal of a deal….!??!!

lindacat

Rough_Rock
I found online an 18K gold, 3 stone OEC diamond ring. The center diamond is 0.51 caret, M color, and VS1 clarity. The side stones are both 0.33 carat, M color, and SI1 clarity. (Graded by a GIA GG). The gallery has small carving designs on it – lovely. Stones are in great condition – no cracks, etc. One of the 0.33 stones has a teeny pit off to the side – not visible with the naked eye, but you can see it under 10x.
Now I know – M color – the stones are warm colored, but I love the older OEC stones that have some color to them, so I fell in love with this ring! All stones are perfectly matched in color as well. Price was $300 – I think it was a steal! I guess because of the color, the price was lower, but these stones sparkle like crazy and are just beautiful. I want to take it to my own jeweler and have the gold polished a bit and get his opinion, too. But I think the gold is probably worth $300 without the diamonds!
Would like to see some of your thoughts – I know it is not a $5000 ring by any means, but I still think $300 was a ridiculous price!

3 stone ring.jpg

3 stone ring again.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
$300 does sound great. Do you have any more pics? I'd love to see the faceting pattern on the stones. Congrats on your ring!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
I would be very surprised if there is anywhere near $300 worth of scrap gold in that setting. It just doesn't look that heavy or substantial.

That said, it does look like you got a nice buy. I'll bet it looks tons better once it's cleaned and polished a bit. 18K gold five-stone rings with .5 TCW routinely sell for $400 or more on ebay. Your ring has three larger stones and a lot higher TCW.

I know exactly what you mean about the sparkle of those old diamonds! Those are very nice-sized diamonds.

liz

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems like a pretty ring at a really great price to me - and a lot of these older stones are lower in color, so that wouldn't bother me either! Would love to see more pics!

Oh, and have your jeweler clean it too - That will really bring out the sparkle in those diamonds!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It's a beautiful ring!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
More pics/hand shots! Agree with the tune-up...(polish and a cleaning).
I love the setting. Looks like a great everyday piece and at a nice price. I would definitely be patting myself on the back for that one. :wink2:

lucyruth

Shiny_Rock
I like the stones! Enjoy!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
how did this turn out?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1337818577|3202135 said:
how did this turn out?

I've been wondering the same thing! I keep checking back for hand shots!

lindacat

Rough_Rock
It has been at the jewelers getting resized, cleaned, and polished. I just picked it up - it is just an absolutely gorgeous ring! There must have been layers and layers of dirt on there, as the diamonds now sparkle like crazy and the white gold setting as well. The stones are M color, but also in the light have a pinkish tint to them - never seen that before except in a true Argyle mine diamond.
Anyway, will try to get some pictures soon - my camera does not do small items like this, so I need to get a friend to take them - will post as soon as I can! I think you will be amazed as I was at the before and after shots!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lindacat|1337878693|3202697 said:
It has been at the jewelers getting resized, cleaned, and polished. I just picked it up - it is just an absolutely gorgeous ring! There must have been layers and layers of dirt on there, as the diamonds now sparkle like crazy and the white gold setting as well. The stones are M color, but also in the light have a pinkish tint to them - never seen that before except in a true Argyle mine diamond.
Anyway, will try to get some pictures soon - my camera does not do small items like this, so I need to get a friend to take them - will post as soon as I can! I think you will be amazed as I was at the before and after shots!

:appl: Thanks for checking in! Didn't I call it on the cleaning? :lol: I recently had my diamond professionally cleaned, and it brought out sparkle I didn't even know it had!

I really love this ring - looking forward to hand shots!

lindacat

Rough_Rock
Here are some post-cleaning pictures - still can't quite capture the sparkle that these stones have, though!! They have a definite pink tint to them when in the bright light that you can't really see here either. I love the older K-M colored stones and sometimes it is hard to find them anymore, even in antique rings.

DSC01134 new size.JPG

DSC01135 new size.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks amazing on you! it's beautiful all cleaned up - awesome finger coverage! ITs a beauty - that was a great "steal"!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Linda, it's beautiful!! :love: Congrats on finding such a beauty at such a great price!! It looks perfect on your hand!

I would love to have a ring just like this with lower colored oecs, they're gorgeous!

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely got a steal! It's beautiful. It deserves to be worn and enjoyed and you'll do that.

liz

lindacat

Rough_Rock
Junebug17 - I agree - I am always on the lookout for the warmer colored old diamond rings in the L-M and on down - I love them so much - but they seem to be hard to find for some reason! thanks for all the nice comments on the ring - I really love it! :appl:

CatrinaKitty

Rough_Rock
Wow that IS a steal! Lucky you~~~!!!

angela06

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Enjoy it!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Very Drool Worthy-- you did great!

tara3056

Shiny_Rock
Where did you get this ring? It's lovely!

tanzelf

Rough_Rock
What a gorgeous antique ring!! I love the look of old rings that even reproductions cannot seem to match. I would say you got a wonderful deal for such a special ring. It is so hard to capture the beauty of stones in photographs. Cameras just can't capture that fire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results