carat
color
clarity

Coming full circle! Blue Nile 3mm plain platinum band

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Hi PSer's! :wavey:

I know it's just a plain wedding band but I wanted to share anyway. :tongue:

My original wedding band was from Blue Nile and it was a 3mm plain platinum non-comfort fit wedding band. When my oldest son was two I had put it in my BN ring box for DH to take to the jewelers to size up for me. DS#1 took the band out and it was never to be found again. :sick: I actually didn't LOVE the band because it wasn't a great match with my original e-ring (also from BN), but I was extremely sentimental about the band. So I was sad that it was lost.

I've since had countless replacement bands, all of which were returned or sold after wearing for a few months. DH and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in February and I really wanted the rotating wedding band mentality to stop and have just ONE wedding band that I love. I could have gone with a diamond band, DH was all for it, and we do plan for me to get a platinum diamond anniversary band, probably next year. But I wanted a WEDDING band. And to me, nothing says wedding band like a plain one.

BN stopped selling my original band last year, and I wouldn't have bought that one anyway. It wasn't comfort fit and the profile was too low (1mm I think it was?) for my taste. I wanted a band wider than 2mm since it would be worn alone most of the time. So I chose their 3mm platinum comfort fit plain wedding band. Similar to my original, but comfy. :cheeky: I had our names and wedding date engraved on the inside in Roman font.

I. Love. This. Ring.

I do not plan to wear my current e-ring with this band, except for when we go out for dates or I go out with girlfriends, and maybe not even then. I also have same opinion about my e-ring as I do the wedding band- done with the frequent changing. I'm not keeping my current setting or even the diamond, most likely. I don't know what I'm going to purchase yet, but it will be in a year or two and that will be the last e-ring setting or diamond purchase I'll make (barring anything happening to it).

For those looking for the same style but don't want to purchase from BN (I know they aren't a favorite here), it would be the equivalent to e-weddingbands heavy comfort fit. The BN band is 3mm wide and 1.9mm height, size 5.5.

Anyway, thanks for looking! :wavey:

bn3mmplat2.jpg

bn3mmplat.jpg

bn3mmplat3.jpg

bn3mmplat4.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Last photo showing part of the engraving (Roman font).

bn3mmplat5.jpg

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! There's something very simple and elegant about a plain band, no?

I have the e-wedding bands heavy comfort platinum ring in a 2.5mm size. I love that ring too. It's too big b/c I bought it to wear during pregnancy and then had it sized down after, but it's still almost a full size too big. But it's terrific!

Congrats and enjoy!

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Logan Sapphire said:

+1. I am planning on a plain platinum band, too. I love this look.

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
I like the simplicity of a plain band; it looks great on your hand. It is so wearable and elegant! =) Why don't you want to wear your beautiful e-ring anymore? You mentioned wanting to be done with changing your ring/s, but then mentioned not keeping your e-ring/diamond and getting something different in the future.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Logan Sapphire|1346175090|3258602 said:

I have the e-wedding bands heavy comfort platinum ring in a 2.5mm size. I love that ring too. It's too big b/c I bought it to wear during pregnancy and then had it sized down after, but it's still almost a full size too big. But it's terrific!

Congrats and enjoy!

Thank you!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
LittleRiver|1346178806|3258659 said:
Logan Sapphire said:

+1. I am planning on a plain platinum band, too. I love this look.

I agree!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
RaspberryBliss|1346195413|3258847 said:
I like the simplicity of a plain band; it looks great on your hand. It is so wearable and elegant! =) Why don't you want to wear your beautiful e-ring anymore? You mentioned wanting to be done with changing your ring/s, but then mentioned not keeping your e-ring/diamond and getting something different in the future.

Thank you!

I'm done changing my wedding band. For my e-ring, I want to (most likely) go back to a princess cut diamond and a plain platinum solitaire setting, like my original, and then not change it again.

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
That will be lovely! I too have a simple solitaire (round) paired with a small platinum channel set band. These days I am really loving the understated elegant classic look. My previous setting was beautiful, but pretty busy, really heavy, and a bit high maintenance. I am done with a high maintenance setting! Back when I got engaged, 14 years ago, I never wanted what I now have and love. Boy have things changed! :lol:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love your band! So classic & pretty. For 13 yrs I wore a thick 5mm WG band that had one tiny kite set princess diamond in the middle. My DH & I had matching bands and I wore my engagement ring as a RHR. I had to have my band cut off by the fire dept. Still have it though.
I probably won't get it fixed but it is a keepsake.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! It is so pretty and classy!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Classy! It looks perfect on your finger! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I have a sweet spot on thick plain wedding bands: solid and essential, beyond any fashion trend... I think they also make the finger appear slimmer...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results