shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Gypsy original designer of the Aurora band for help!

SamSmash

Rough_Rock
Calling Everyone and Gypsy, the original designer of the Aurora band for suggestions!

Hi, I love the Aurora band from BGD and Garland band from Blue Nile and now I decided to go with BGD. I already made a full payment but they did not start making the ring yet because I wanted to ask the fellow PS members for any suggestions. This band will be very special as it will be passed down to my kids.
Can you please list the things that you would want to keep and change if you were to start making the Aurora band all over again? I want to email BGD with a detailed list soon. I purchased 5 Brian Gavin Signature Diamonds in colors F/G 0.31 to 0.32 diamonds. I will have 8 X 0.10 F/G Brian Gavin’s Signature melees. Thank you everyone for all your support! :loopy:

Things I want:
1. Comfort fit
2. Secure setting
3. Clean profile

Things I like with the original Aurora band:
1. Open gallery

sleeprequired

Shiny_Rock
Re: Calling Gypsy original designer of the Aurora band for h

i'm sure i read dreamer_d only just bought it from gypsy or something? so what other ring are you buying dreamer_d?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

I really like the aurora band much better. From looking at the pictures that dreamer posted of her aurora band I wouldn't change a thing about it. The milgrain, the little cuffs on the shoulders the open basket its perfection. It would be a wonderful heirloom to pass down to your kids....can I be your kid :naughty:

SamSmash

Rough_Rock

Mrs. W 514 : :Hello :wavey: , I do like the milgrain, the little cuffs on the shoulders, and the open basket but most likely want to lower the profile of the stones and make the prongs less noticeable but still secure if that makes any sense :)

I also like the open gallery 5 stone in platinum since it is much cheaper than the Aurora band and use that money to buy an extra jewelry.

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock

I see what you mean about having the stones set a bit lower. I tend to knock things around so I like my rings set low too. As far as an alternative setting goes I really love the sally and the trellis designs as they really show off the stones from the sides and the pretty little cutlet too. The downside to those settings is that the stones seem a bit less protected in them than in the open gallery setting. I do love the aurora band but if you can get a beautiful five stone and something else too I would go for that over just the aurora band. I don't know if anybody mentioned this yet but dreamer's aurora band is for sale in the preloved section, maybe you could get it and something else! Win Win :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

SamSmash|1340044529|3218788 said:
Mrs. W 514 : :Hello :wavey: , I do like the milgrain, the little cuffs on the shoulders, and the open basket but most likely want to lower the profile of the stones and make the prongs less noticeable but still secure if that makes any sense :)

I also like the open gallery 5 stone in platinum since it is much cheaper than the Aurora band and use that money to buy an extra jewelry.

Hi! How are you?

The Aurora is more blingy than a standard 5-stone and it's traffic stopping. It draws a lot of attention when you wear it as most people have never seen a band like it, plus the quality from BGD is just knock out.

If I had to do the design again I would do a closed gallery though, personally. And Then I'd ask them to add really fine milgrain across the center of the baskets holding the stones. It adds a little bit of interest to the closed gallery, but keeps it clean.

The existing Aurora (the one dreamer has now) is very comfortable to wear. Really.

Personally, I prefer the Aurora to standard 5 stones IF you don't want something understated. If you want a more understated look, then I'd go with a 5 stone.

SamSmash

Rough_Rock

Hi Gypsy! Thanks for the suggestions. You are a great designer! I also like the "Bella" Diamond Pendant from Whiteflash!

" If I had to do the design again I would do a closed gallery though, personally. And Then I'd ask them to add really fine milgrain across the center of the baskets holding the stones." Can anyone please show me a picture.

Is there any special request I need to let Brian know about how to set the stones?

I am thinking to keep the original Aurora band design with the following changes:

1. Closed gallery
2. Add really fine milgrain across the center of the baskets holding the stones
3. Holes under the closed gallery for easy cleaning.
4. Change from Pt950/Ir = 950 parts platinum, 50 parts Iridium TO either Pt900/Ir = 900 parts platinum, 100 parts Iridium OR Pt950/Ru = 950 parts platinum, 50 parts Ruthenium.

My engagement ring is a size 5.

Can't wait to start this project! :D

SamSmash

Rough_Rock

Mrs. W 514: Actually I found out from diamondseeker2006 that Dreamer's Aurora band is for sale. :razz: However, I already made a full payment with BGD and I'm a size 5 and the one Dreamer is selling is a size 6.5.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I can't find a good pic to explain what I mean by the milgrain on the basket.

You can do it two different ways. One fine row at the top of each basket, just below where the stone will sit (my preference-- TYPO in my last post, I mean across the top of the basket). You can do one row across the center of the basket. Or you can do two rows, one at the very top and one at the very bottom of the basket.

Here's as close as I can get to a pic: http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/prodshots/105CO18.jpg This one has three rows on the brace (not a closed basket), two fine rows at the top and bottom, one large in the center. See the fine milgrain at the top of the brace? I'd put a line of milgrain all along the tops of the closed basket of the band.

https://www.pricescope.com/files/images/Comparison-Bulge2.jpg This one has two rows as well. I would just do the top one.

SamSmash

Rough_Rock

Gypsy: Thank u for taking your time to upload the pictures. Oh, I see what you mean now. It looks nice :) with the added milgrain at the top of each basket.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Anytime. :)

Please, please please post pics of yours when it is done. I can't wait to see the final product.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is to wear on your right hand, correct?

I adore the milgrain on the baskets!! I personally would do 5 stones, though. 5 stones can be very blingy while being more simple and elegant to me.

SamSmash

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006: "5 stones can be very blingy while being more simple and elegant." Yes I agree!

on my left ring finger

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock

I can speak up as the current owner of the Aurora (bought it from dreamer) that if you get your own there's no way you won't wear it. It's stunning. The thick band of blinding AGS 000 RBs will blow you away. I do recommend getting the stones scaled down to fit your finger but keep the same proportions.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Maybe I'm crazy, but with Blue Nile's return policy you could get one of their garland bands and see what you think of it. If you love it, but want it bigger-- Aurora. If it's just right-- Garland. If it's not at all what you want-- return it.

ringsearching

Rough_Rock

Did u get the ring? I am interested in sesigning a variation of the garland as well! Would love to see it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results