shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey?

blingthing

Shiny_Rock
Re: Any suggestions for stackers that aren't terribly pricey

They marquise shaped one?? I LOVED that ring - - you MUST post finger shots - I need to see the new home that lovely band went to![/quote]

Yes, the marquise one. Gypsy was great to deal with and I love it! I've never posted anything before but will try to work it out.

Sorry for threadjack...

blingthing

Shiny_Rock

Enerchi|1339368607|3213352 said:
blingthing|1339366660|3213337 said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, I bought Gypsy's ring on the Bistro because of this thread and am STILL addicted! :Up_to_something:
They marquise shaped one?? I LOVED that ring - - you MUST post finger shots - I need to see the new home that lovely band went to!

Yes, the marquise one. Gypsy was great to deal with and I love it! I've never posted anything before but will try to work it out.

Sorry for threadjack...
... and for the boob in replying with quotes!!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Mico|1339542955|3214951 said:
i haven't stalked asschers, how much do they normally go for?

Generally $2500 and over. Plus this was supposedly antique - which pulled me in. ;-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh my! that is a sweet band - can you be sure to post pics of it when you get it?? I like that one!! (and was the upgrade significantly more??)

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Enerchi|1343680328|3243145 said:
Oh my! that is a sweet band - can you be sure to post pics of it when you get it?? I like that one!! (and was the upgrade significantly more??)

Isn't it puurrrrty?! With the upgrade, the total that I paid was $249. So $90 more than the regular one but for me it's worth the extra cost and still not a bad price overall. I'll definitely post pics when I get it!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

:appl: can't wait!

i've put a hold on stackers until i get my ring, then i'll mix and match :wacko:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

ooh yes I would be interested as well in how it looks when you get it!! what was the diamond upgrade to?

I wish someone had comparisons of the original (Tiffany swing) with all these ebay versions...I see that the original is 0.65tcw, and the one you bought stargurl is 0.32tcw with what seems like should be a similar width so I'm not sure how there is such a difference in carat weight? DZ also has a version but it's 0.16tcw and somehow it's wider than yours! :???: :?: ehhhh someone please explain that all to me haha

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

When do you get your ring Mico?

pandabee - I upgraded to F/G color and VS clarity. I'm sure the Tiffany version has larger stones and I'm guessing this will be a very dainty ring, which is what I was looking for. I'm not sure how accurate the listed carat weights are for many of these eBay bands but I know someone on here has the DZ version and was not happy with the quality (I think it was Burk?).

ETA: Yup, it was Burk - if you scroll down you'll see pics of her bands and she states she isn't 100% happy with the quality of the DZ band. Hopefully I'll be happy with the LOGR version...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

i got diamond marquis stackers in NYC and they are awesome. sooo many vendors there have them or variations of them.

Burk's DZ stacker, the 'diamond' areas in between the colored stones, she mentioned that it didn't seem like there were diamonds in there, only metal. I think she may have sent it back, but can't remember for sure.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

stargurl78|1343702845|3243392 said:

some time this month! then i get to ooh and ah over it... and in the mean time, pounce on my watch list :naughty: :Up_to_something:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

stargurl78|1343702845|3243392 said:

pandabee - I upgraded to F/G color and VS clarity. I'm sure the Tiffany version has larger stones and I'm guessing this will be a very dainty ring, which is what I was looking for. I'm not sure how accurate the listed carat weights are for many of these eBay bands but I know someone on here has the DZ version and was not happy with the quality (I think it was Burk?).

ETA: Yup, it was Burk - if you scroll down you'll see pics of her bands and she states she isn't 100% happy with the quality of the DZ band. Hopefully I'll be happy with the LOGR version...

Mara|1343706763|3243439 said:
i got diamond marquis stackers in NYC and they are awesome. sooo many vendors there have them or variations of them.

Burk's DZ stacker, the 'diamond' areas in between the colored stones, she mentioned that it didn't seem like there were diamonds in there, only metal. I think she may have sent it back, but can't remember for sure.

ooh how interesting. thanks for the info. I'll have to do a search to see if there's any photos!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

pandabee|1343751004|3243658 said:
ooh how interesting. thanks for the info. I'll have to do a search to see if there's any photos!

I meant to post the link in my thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/burks-2-8ct-omc-sophie-reset-plus-family-pics.174823/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/burks-2-8ct-omc-sophie-reset-plus-family-pics.174823/[/URL]

Like Mara said, it looks like the DZ one has a lot more metal in the marquise-shaped area, so maybe that is why the band is wider but at a lower carat weight:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ETERNITY-DIAMOND-WHITE-GOLD-DAINTY-RING-WEDDING-BAND-/150866737628?pt=US_Wedding_Bands_with_Diamonds_Gemstones&hash=item23205bb9dc

Anyways, my band actually arrived yesterday :appl: I love it! :bigsmile: Its so dainty and I'm happy with the quality. It looks good with my simple micropave band (also from LOGR) so now I want more stackers!! I'm probably not going to have time to get any decent pics until the weekend but here are a few from my iPhone:

photo_49.jpg

photo_50.jpg

photo_51.jpg

_374.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

ahh yes I did find her thread there. good point. yours looks awesome!!!! I fell in love with that band at Tiffany's (but obviously not the price) so I'll have to keep the LOGR one on my list for future reference. thanks for posting some pre-lim iphone pics!! :D

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

pandabee|1343754958|3243696 said:
ahh yes I did find her thread there. good point. yours looks awesome!!!! I fell in love with that band at Tiffany's (but obviously not the price) so I'll have to keep the LOGR one on my list for future reference. thanks for posting some pre-lim iphone pics!! :D

No problem! The Tiffany band definitely has larger stones but I thought this was a great alternative for the price. These are nice options too:

Size 5:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/95879350/18k-white-gold-diamond-band?

All sizes available:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59655587/diamond-14k-white-gold-shield-round?

All sizes available:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96936151/14kt-thin-rose-gold-leaves-diamond?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results