shape
carat
color
clarity

REVIEW: Patrick Davis, Independent Appraiser in Los Angeles

subscribe

Rough_Rock
I have recently called in a diamond from a Pricescope approved vendor http://certifiedjewelryappraiser.com/ and am very pleased with my experience. Patrick helped educate and confirm the details of the diamond. He has ALL the latest tools (and the geek that I am loved using all of them). It was not just about confirming the diamond listed on the certificate, but more about is this the diamond you want.

The Most Important Takeaway: Call in the diamond and take it to your local appraiser. It is imperative to take any diamond purchase to an independent appraiser whether online or a local B&M. The youtube videos, the vendor's aset pictures, and certificate is different (in my situation) then when looking at the diamond in person with your own set of eyes.

The Situation: Like many hopeless individuals looking to woo their significant other in the near future, we fall short in this arena of diamond education. So, I take the trek many individuals have done with the minimal criteria of looking for a bargain and a light show. Browsed the internets, logged in hundred of hours browsing pricescope, checking out asets, tables, pavilions, the youtubes, I start the decisive hair-splitting decisions that will ultimately cost us thousands. Is this what I'm about to spend?!

But I feel confident. I've studied. I've done my research, printed them out and brought them to Patrick.

The Analysis: Like many have said on this board, the specifications and details of the diamond can only go so far. You HAVE to see them with your own eyes. AGS 000 or triple excellent are only stepping stones to the purchase. The only difference is Patrick helps analyze what you see. He listens to your questions and either confirms and debunks what's listed on paper. Asets look different in person. The particular diamond I was looking at was an AGS diamond of medium florescence, but in reality was strong blue florescence and came out milky and hazy even in direct sunlight.

The Conclusion: Blah, blah, blah, yes he's great. But what he did for me is make the right decision. Hope he can help you too.

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
Re: REVIEW: Patrick Davis, Independent Appraiser in Los Ange

I've used Patrick twice and have had great experiences with him as well. You can tell he really enjoys what he does and he loves to educate. Now that my ring has been set, I need to make a follow up appointment with him for my insurance appraisal, if only my BF will propose already!

It's too bad about your diamond wasn't quite what you were hoping for. You didn't say but it sounds like you'll be sending it back?

subscribe

Rough_Rock

I am definitely sending it back. There were several attributes I did not like concerning the stone, such as florescence and scintillation. An informed decision is priceless.

I'm glad everything worked out for you! What did you end up buying? Pictures?!

lisamarie|1343808497|3244157 said:
I've used Patrick twice and have had great experiences with him as well. You can tell he really enjoys what he does and he loves to educate. Now that my ring has been set, I need to make a follow up appointment with him for my insurance appraisal, if only my BF will propose already!

It's too bad about your diamond wasn't quite what you were hoping for. You didn't say but it sounds like you'll be sending it back?

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock

subscribe said:
I am definitely sending it back. There were several attributes I did not like concerning the stone, such as florescence and scintillation. An informed decision is priceless.

I'm glad everything worked out for you! What did you end up buying? Pictures?!

That's too bad if it's the stone I think it is. Good luck on your search!

No pictures of my ring until it's officially mine. :rolleyes: But I will say that I switched from a 1.5ct asscher to a 1.5ct round.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I never posted a review about Patrick yet, even though I perused him. I'm waiting for my 2nd appraisal after my diamond has been set to visit him again, as well as review him! He was absolutely fantabulous and I couldn't believe his price! I went to another appraiser that had charged more than Patrick did, and did much less work.

I'm glad you reviewed Patrick.. you're reminding me that I owe him a Yelp review too!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Hey Patrick,

If you're feeling all of this PS love, why not post here once in a while?

The site needs more appraiser participation.

Feel free to jump in at any time.

BrianT

Rough_Rock

I’m glad i found this thread. I’ll have the e-ring appraise as soon as I receive them before the return period expire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results