shape
carat
color
clarity

PS history and trends: i.e., "I want one too!"

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
athenaworth|1343015850|3238378 said:
Did anyone mention claw prongs? I wish I could change out all of my rings with claw prongs now thanks to PS
Oooh, that's a good one. A definite PS trend!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Five Stone Rings!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually got my asscher halo before becoming an avid reader of PS, as for what PS has influenced it has been:

bezel studs
precision cut diamonds
clarisonic
old diamond cuts

still on my list to get:
diamonds by the yard (bracelet)
5 stone ring

The biggest influence in general, not settling for "off the rack" jewelry, I love having my jewelry made for me instead!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Interesting thread! I feel like there are some trends that definitely have been sparked by PS and really took off here while others have been simply reflections of bigger, more general trends. H&A and other precision cuts, for instance, have been huge on PS for years but still don't seem to be something the general public is even aware of. Halos, on the other hand, were already showing up everywhere (or at least around here) in 2004-2005, when we started seeing them on PS. Claw prongs, which I thought was just a PS trend, seems to have really taken off; I was in the NY diamond district a couple of weeks ago and just about every other ring in the windows had claw prongs.

The PS trends I've bought into have been H & A stones, hand-forged settings, antique stones (especially of the Ebay bargain variety), precision cut colored stones, especially Aschers (I feel like they were all the rage in 2010, when I got mine).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Naming one's jewels........

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mike R|1342923694|3237932 said:
Mara|1342625633|3236084 said:
I don't see Mike R becoming a hot trend, he's expensive and as mentioned he can only do so much, plus his pieces are really more for the unique, work-of-art seekers rather than mainstreamers.

Hi Mara, I wonder if you could explain this a little better for me, I'm expensive compared to what?

We already had this convo over on PS FB but just to recap... as mentioned, your pieces are more like works of art, and art ain't cheap. So you're more pricey than the mainstream type rings we often see on here, which are mostly cast vs handmade. I know you can't argue that. ;))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Non-jewelry trend: had it not been for PS, and Amethyste's informative posts, I would not have found out about Shellac!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results