shape
carat
color
clarity

setting and side stone dilemma

Mindyish

Rough_Rock
I am having a custom ring made. It is a three stone with 8mm cushion center with chevron/Cadillac cut side stones. I will be getting a simulant for the center. It will be a very dainty double claw setting. I was warned by one company who I contacted to do my custom design that I should choose a center stone carefully as this style (think leon mege as far as the dainty long double claw prongs go) are difficult to reset so I should probably chose the stone I plan to keep in there for life. This would rule out CZ since I am learning they are not lifetime stones especially if you plan for everyday wear. I know asha's last a bit longer but not sure how long. I am looking into moissanite and have seen one in person. I love them. I don't mind the extra color and fire as I have no plan to pass my stone off as a real one anyway. Also, I know they offer treated ones now that don't have that greenish tint like the one I saw in real life that was practically the color of mint ice cream.
Then, I have a side stone issue, were I am getting custom cuts and have someone willing to cut them in CZ for me but if they will need to be replaced at a later date as well, maybe it isn't worth it. I have a very beautiful custom made 3 stone radiant canary CZ with tapered side baguettes I had made 7 years ago. The center is still beautiful, clear and full of fire. The side stones however, are horribly cloudy and look like the have water permanently trapped under them. I am assuming the jeweler I had make this used inferior sides as compared to the center.
So, here are the few questions I have for anyone who may be more knowledgeable.

I definitely don't know of any place that will custom cut moissanite to match my center so is splurging for real diamonds for the sides the best bet since I did find those reasonably priced?
Is it true that double claw pronged settings are harder to reset so I best rule out CZ for a temp center for a few years?
Lastly, would the metal choice, say, platinum over white gold make it easier or harder to reset? If so, which would be easier for the jewler to reset?

Thanks so much to anyone who has any knowledge on this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results