shape
carat
color
clarity

Update

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies!

Nothing new to report on the LIW-front, except, since the bar exam is in 3 weeks, I'm sure he's waiting until after then. I *should've* known that all along, given how thoughtful he is.

So I'm just chuggin along, studying as hard as I can for this exam (scared!!) and working on finding a job.

Hope ya'll are doing well!

*DUST* for you non-bar-takers out there!

SS

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh - good luck on the bar!!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I'm taking the bar too.

Sheer terror.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
we gotta lotta lawyers on here! ;-) Um.. anyone want to be my "1 phone call"? :naughty: :wink2:

In all seriousness. I need a lawyer on speed dial for car accidents/ problems/ etc. I can't believe no one (including myself) thinks about these things! A pal of mine got into a HUGE altercation with her baby daddy, and SHE got arrested! She has a totally clean record and the baby daddy has been convicted multiple times.. I think she freaked out and just cried and apologized to the cops.. which meant it was her booty that got hauled off, NOT HIS! I was like, HELLO?! 1 phone call? Call a lawyer before you talk and start apologizing for crap that HE started!

okay enough of my random venting again.. GOOD LUCK SS! AND LKTX! I need you guys to pass so I can call you if I end up behind bars :naughty: JK. You guys will do FABULOUS! Lots of good juju and love!! This is more important than getting off the LIW list IMO ;-)

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes, ladies!

LKTX - where are you taking it? I am absolutely TERRIFIED. And no one around here, except for the one girl I can handle studying with, will admit to feeling anxious about it. Jerks.

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I'm taking it in TX. How about you?

I'm surprised nobody around you will really admit to being nervous--my entire Facebook news feed is full of people slowly and publicly melting down! :knockout:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck ladies on the bar exam!! I would be panicking and posting melt down stuff as well... Not a huge fan of evaluations or stress!!

DUST to all of you taking the bar in the near future!!! BEST OF LUCK!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes, y'all.

SS, someone posted this picture on Facebook, and it's so the story of my life. I thought you might be able to sympathize!

image_5.jpg

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Okay, so no wonder I haven't seen the terror - I got off Facebook during finals b/c the gunners were making me ragey. :angryfire:

I'm taking it in NC....and that pie chart is RIGHT ON. I'm so baffled as to why this has to be a memorization test....whhhhy can they make it all application with provided statutes?? Also, you can put the entire RAP in that *dont even want to know* section of the pie. I've decided just to forfeit that topic, I think!

:errrr:

lktx

Shiny_Rock
My property lecturer said to pick answer A if we got a hard RAP question, on the theory that if everybody answers A, and it's wrong, the computer will kick out the question. :lol: That's my plan...

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
I'm pretty sure my Barbri guy said the same. A it is!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
How is your studying going, SS? I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. So much to memorize...

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
BRUTAL. Seriously, horrifying to see how much we really are expected to retain.

What's getting to me today, is how there is *no* way to come close to predicting what will be tested. It's not like in regular classes where you could predict it to some degree. Like you walked into the Civ Pro exam knowing there would be an essay on PJ. I'm frustrated that all these essays turn on ridiculous little points.

In my very best moments, I figure this: there is NO way to know everything. No way to even come close. Also, there's no way to know which small little details the examiners will be picking out this year. So we just have to try as hard as we can - put in as many hours a day of work - and either we will know enough of the right things, or we won't. After the hard work, it really just comes down to luck. And *most* people are lucky on this exams.

In my very worst moments, I cry and throw stuff :roll:

How are you fairing??

SS

lktx

Shiny_Rock
I'm alternating between feeling crazy/anxious and sad/defeated. That's probably natural... Also irritating is the fact that maybe 5% of this stuff is relevant to my practice area. I will never need to know any of this again. At this point, I am really looking forward to being done with it. Life will be sooooo sweet.

Good luck next week, SS! How many days is yours? Mine is 3 days -- I'm very jealous of all the 2 day folks.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Good luck on the bar exam ladies!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
How'd it go, SS?

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Hey lktx!

Well - I feel like I *just* woke up. I've been sleeping...a lot!

The exam was INTERESTING. Even though I'd done full practice tests, it was MUCH more of an endurance challenge for me than I thought it would be. But, beyond that, we had some crazy things happen - on the first day, during our state essays...the POWER went out in the entire building for almost an hour. It was insane. And now they have no idea how they are going to make the scores "fair." On the second day, we had a rodent running loose in the building - running over people's feet :( Luckily, not mine.

Check out this article from NC Lawyer's weekly - it gives a pretty good picture! http://nclawyersweekly.com/2012/07/26/the-2012-bar-exam-a-storm-a-wood-chipper-and-maybe-a-rat/

How did your test go??

SS

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!! I saw the rat/power outage thing on above the law a few days ago and I was so hoping that you didn't have to experience that! Yikes!

My test was uneventful. I feel ok-ish about it. Very glad to be done with it.

What are you going to do with your spare time now? I haven't had this much down time in a while and am at a loss with what to do with myself.

somedaysunday

Rough_Rock
Yeah, this week is super weird. I'm starting my new job on the 6th (eeep! :( ) and I feel like I'm supposed to learn how to be a real human again this week. I don't even know where to start!

I'm having strange emotional things happen too - I went through a superbad breakup and a death in the family in law school, and it's like I'm just now having the delayed emotional reaction. LOL - wonder if I'm nuts?!

What would you do if you had one week to regain your humanity?!

lktx

Shiny_Rock
Hooray for having a job lined up!! Congrats. What type of law will you be practicing?

I don't think you're nuts at all. I think a lot of people tend to put emotions to the side during law school out of necessity. I had a death in the family too during law school, and I didn't really give myself enought time to process those feelings before I jumped back in to all the work.

If I were in your shoes, I'd watch a lot of trashy TV, bake yummy things, and make sure my apartment was clean and all my work clothes were dry cleaned and ready to go. But I'm boring like that. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results