shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
spindlyoyster » 01 Jul 2012 22:38

I have not posted about my engagement ring saga on the forum because I was too busy admiring other people's engagement rings! When it came time for me to finally choose a place to get my engagement ring done, my fiancé and I were ecstatic to turn to David in Diamonds by Lauren.

I have admired fancy coloured diamonds as long as I've been a pricescope lurker. I just knew I had to join the fancy coloured diamond club! I am lucky enough to have such an accommodating fiancé that allowed me to choose the engagement ring of my dreams.

Surfing through David's DBL website, I realized that the Princess Style Halo Setting was for me. I loved the sparkle and the more diamonds the better! Also, I have been admiring everyone's halo diamond settings - I just had to have one (but with a twist)!

I found that finding a semi-mount to my liking was not the difficult part, it was the centre stone shopping. There were endless choices in terms of shape, size and color. I knew I could not settle thus I went with my 1.69ct Fancy Brownish Yellow Modified Pear Brilliant!

David went above and beyond in terms of accommodating my fiancé and I. My perfect diamond was already set in a ring and he allowed us to just buy the centre stone (when we were just planning to settle and buy the ring and upgrade to the Princess Style Halo Setting later). For what he has done, I will forever be a Diamonds by Lauren customer. He made the transaction for my fiancé easy and stress-free and overall, he made the experience of getting our dream engagement ring such a breeze.

Here are the stats for my lovely FBY!

WEIGHT: 1.69ct
SHAPE: Pear Shape
COLOR: Fancy Brownish Yellow
CLARITY: VS1
MEASUREMENTS: 10.21 x 6.39 x 3.84 mm
TOTAL DEPTH: 60.1%
TABLE SIZE: 62%
POLISH: G
SYMMETRY: G
FLUORESCENCE: NONE

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dbl-fby-princess-ring.177233/

_123.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
john1977 » 01 Jul 2012 22:21

Hi everyone,

I found Pricescope to be an invaluable resource in the quest for my fiance's engagement ring and wanted to share my experience with everyone (and hopefully be able to help others in the process). My fiance wanted an antique cushion center stone set in a Harry Winston halo style setting. After considering antique cushions from GOG, ERD, Perry Chen, and Victor Canera, we ended up going with a center stone from Perry (2.05 H SI1). We had Victor Canera design the ring and we are both super happy with the final product.

Ring Design

In terms of ring design, I initially considered Leon Mege, Steven Kirsch, and Victor Canera. But after coming across Frankie's posting on her experience with all 3 designers, her side by side photos of all 3 designers' final products, and how happy she was in the end with Victor (and not coming across a single negative or neutral review on Victor Canera), I decided to go with Victor for the ring design.

I initially wanted Victor to do an Emilya Halo with flush fitting stems and both of our birthstones as surprise stones inside the band. However, after finding out that you can't really put pearl and opal on the inside of a band, I pitched a couple of variations of the Emilya to Victor. I settled on the Emilya Halo with donut and a fleur-de-lys + single bezel diamond at the top of the fleur-de-lys between each stem which was supposed to represent a flower. (As I am writing this, I just went to Victor's website and found that he posted our ring design, which is so exciting).

Victor was soooo incredibly patient with me and just a dream to work with throughout the ring design process. I am a pretty anal guy when it comes to large purchases (as evidenced by the spreadsheet I built) and I called/emailed Victor with questions, suggestions, modifications so many times and he was always wonderful and easy to deal with. I can't recommend him highly enough. I think Victor is absolutely the best. And Frankie, thank you so much for your post in leading me to Victor.

So without further ado, here are the photos of the final product! Please also google "Emilya filigree" to view Victor's photos/videos of the engagement ring he designed for us, which are much better than the ones I took

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-chen-antique-cushion-engagement-ring.177231/

_124.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Danaviles » 30 Jun 2012 18:22

After 4 months of looking at diamonds, asking you wonderful PSers for help, and approving (mostly rejecting) CADs, I bought my soon to be fiance's ring (i'm assuming she'll say yes...) The trouble with this ring was my gf wants a pear shaped center with pear sides with a halo set in an antique-ish carriage. Having unsuccessfully found a similar one to this design I find myself worried it couldn't happen. After, rejecting three rounds of CADs (more like sending back for improvements) we got on the same page and I said to myself "ah screw it. just make it and let's see what it looks like." I really was just anxious and I think i would have kept finding something to tweak. Long story short, I really like it. I think she will love it and I finally understand why people ALWAYS say "the pictures don't do it justice." here are some pics I took with my iphone. I will try with my nikon once she's not around. It was sunny as heck here yesterday and the fire was just jumping off the stones. Of course hand shots to follow once i do the deed. (please ignore my dirty hands. I was doing yard work!)

Center stone specs:
1.90 carats
F color
I1
L/W: 1.52

Platinum setting
Pear side stones totaling .5 carats (i wanted to go bigger but i was told they'd be stabbing her fingers...)
21 1mm round diamonds in the halo
12 1mm round diamonds in the shanks for a total of .30 carats combined with halo

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally.177206/

dana.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Polished » 29 Jun 2012 05:45

Here is my Anniversary ring from the wonderful team at BGD. As a happy coincidence, my diamond ring has coincided with the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. Special thanks to Jamie for navigating me along the path to realising my lovely ring. I got so much more ring for my money than I would have buying here in Australia and the process is really straightforward - as long as you work out what you want!

.728 Brian Gavin Signature H&A, G VS2 Ring size: 4.25

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bgd-anniversary-bling.177163/

polished.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise » 02 Jul 2012 20:43

Hi PS,

Bare with me, these are all iPhone photos.. and since I've lost my macro lens, they aren't the best photos.

Okay first up! I purchased these for only $130 as 14k yellow gold with 0.14ctw OMB center stones. They are estimated to be made before 1910, from the seller, using the history of ownership. The flowers were so beautiful to me, and I loved the detailing of the veins in the petals, and the delicate stamen!

So I've held onto these since April, and always intended to get them made into a pair of stud earrings. I carried them with me everywhere hoping to stop by a jewelers. Since I went to SNQ for my e-ring setting, I decided to take these in to see what they can do with them. They had their antique specializing bench "revamp" one of the flowers that were more smushed, and clean them up so that the oxidizing matched on both flowers.. and I got to sell them the "pins" part to pay for part of the labor. I just picked them up today when I went to go look at the first round of CADs for my e-ring.

Anddd… my 3rd pair. These are now my "dailies". I purchased these back in January from Ms. Athenaworth when she had them up in the Preloved section. I had been wanting diamond studs for a while, and when I saw these, I thought "OH! I can make them into 2 pairs!". After I got them and wore them around for a while, I learned to love its dangly-ness. They're 1.51ctw of OMB goodness in buttercup set dangles.. Yum!

These aren't "Antique", but they are "Vintage". 1940's?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-3-pairs-of-new-antique-earrings.177272/

mad2.jpg

mad3.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain » 03 Jul 2012 00:47

Seeing as how I added some bling to my collection during my PS hiatus, I figured I'd better post a few pics before you ladies send the bling police over here.

I don't remember if these got posted before or not. They're WF pre-set .25 CTW ACA's. I wanted a tiny pair of studs, and these fit the bill. I actually want some smaller then this, but haven't gotten around to ordering yet. Here's the pics from Becca.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/andelains-catchup-bling-thread.177281/

_125.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kalrik » 04 Jul 2012 11:28

I just wanted to share pictures of my brand new e-ring. Also, I felt compelled to write a review about GOG because they were super super awesome.

This stone is an upgraded stone, but the way in which my DH gave it to me was so sweet, especially for his level of romantic. A couple of months ago, my then fiance, his best man, and I went to GOG in person. It was the day before mother's day and the store was jam packed. They were serving meatballs, lemonade, and different sweets. It was such a great experience, everyone was so kind. Rhino's aunts were there, and they were the sweetest ladies ever. Rhino himself asked me to be in a video since we had traveled so far to see the store! but alas I am way too shy for that.

When we there, I fell in love with a solasfera princess cut and decided to upgrade. Unfortunately, the stone was accidentally filed a tiny bit during setting. They of course sent it off to be repolished (in the end it lost less than a point). It was getting close to my wedding though and I decided after reading about princess cuts getting "hurt" during settings that maybe an RB e-ring was best for me >< It honestly didn't phase GOG, and they were able to call in a beautiful stone for me! I still would really like to get a solasfera princess pendant in the future, that cut is amazing.

So the stone arrived to GOG just a few days before my wedding. (I am always down to the wire, haha) I lost one day because I was deciding on six prongs vs. 4 and another day due to issues with my bank. I definitely did not foresee the issues with my bank and thought my ring would come in they day before the wedding with no problem. Wrong! So at this point, I decided to have Vicki send me out the ring anyway. I figured I definitely wouldn't get it for my wedding as it was a morning wedding at 11 am and everyone would be gone from our house by 900 or 930. Saturday fedex deliveries are supposed to come before noon, and in my experience they come a little before the end of the limit. I thought though at least I could get it the following Monday. (No honeymoon because of work/school, hoping for a Christmas vacation honeymoon).

I stayed with my mom the night before the big day, and I told my dh to please please call me if fedex came, as you all know how it is when it's a fedex day. But I was still sure they wouldn't make it as they dont make it before 900 when the "deliver by time" is 10am during the weekdays. As I expected there was no such call from him that morning, but it didn't phase me as I was so busy. I remember thinking at some point that maybe dh would send it to the room I was getting ready in at the church as a sort of wedding gift if it arrived, but that didn't happen either.

As we are saying our vows during the actual ceremony, our son escaped my mom and ran right up to us in front of everyone. I took a moment to bend over and pick him up (he's just three). My dh took the opportunity to put the band together with the e-ring that had arrived unbeknownst to me. He slid both on my finger, and I didn't see until it was almost completely on. At the moment I gasped in front of everyone (despite the situation I still had the appropriate PS reaction). I was just shocked because I saw the best man give us only our two bands. It was sooo cool and in front of all those people, we still had our own private thing. Even though the moment was already so incredibly special and intense, he found a way to make it even better. He has supported me through my upgrades and knows how much I love diamonds. No one said they heard me gasp up there, but dh said it was hilarious.

Sorry that was too long, it's amazing if you got through it, really. Thank you for reading and even more thanks for all the education!

Also, GOG really made me happy, and Charles went the extra mile . They have a customer for life and my recommendation!

1.51 H VS2 GIA Ex
sz 5.5 in a temp 6 prong setting

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oh-my-gog-my-new-e-ring.177330/

kalrik.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi » 03 Jul 2012 19:43

Ta DA!!!! the final reveal!! its here - my gorgeous, beautiful perfect 3 stone princess reset! Ah - I LOVE it!!! (oh, wait, I guess I should try and be more subtle and wait for you all to share your input before I tell you how I fell... nyah - who are we kidding??? You can read me like a glass book! )

As many of you know, I had a previous reset that started out well, but took a down spin and it became so frustrating and disappointing that when I was offered the option to have my stones back and a refund, I took it. I hope that B&M store re examines their bench work for future customers, but I was not going to give them another opportunity to mess things up a second time. As an interesting note, in terms of the refund in Canadian $$ for my 18K WG ring, it cost less to have it made by BGD in US$$ in platinum! (Didn't see that bonus coming, did ya?? tee hee!)

I've always loved the work of so many vendors on PS and it was because of some fun chats with Denise during my studs and OEC Barbara pendant (yet another thread that I posted about!) that I really wanted to go with them. I also had the chance to have some long chats with Lesley during this design process and it turns out we have a lot of similarities in our lives! When I was sent the first CAD's, I had some concerns (I posted on PS for advice - thanks to all of you for sharing your input!) and then I had the chance to speak directly with Brian - I admit, I was star struck!

All was a "go" with the direction that it needed to be completed for our trip to LV June 22. A few hitches along the way but I picked it up from FEDEX and calmly waited another 30 mins in the cab, up the elevator, unpacked our outlet shopping treasures.... then .... TA DA! my will power caved and I started to rip into the box!

Well protected, rosewood boxes wrapped in the BGD yellow tissue... and there she was - my GORGEOUS ring!!! I gasped, I giggled, I wiggled, I screamed.... I was a bit excited - to say the least!!! My smile on one of these photos is so big, my eyes disappear!

Any how - on to the photos - I love it! I hope you all enjoy the beauty in it that I do! THank you thank you thank you to the amazing team at BGD - Denise, Lesley and Brian were the warmest, friendliest and most helpful people I could have hoped to share this journey with. I highly recommend them and to those who have worked with them in the past, you'll know what I mean when I say you feel like you are part of their close circle of friends!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-she-is-bgd-3-stone-reset-perfection.177313/

enr.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
alene » 07 Jul 2012 13:55

Picked up my new ring, an anniversary reset, from Steven yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! The craftsmanship is everything I expected. The pave looks perfect; I see no metal between the tiny stones. I love the way Steven set the stone, makes it look like it has a really high crown and really separates it from the halo. And I absolutely love the gallery that Steven designed! I wanted something different from the usual stems and I think he certainly achieved that. The biggest surprise, however, is, wow, has my diamond grown! When people talk about the stone looking bigger in a halo, I always assumed that was including the halo, but I think the stone itself actually looks bigger being surrounded by the very small melee! The proportions are just perfect! I also want to say that working with Steven was a pleasure! I initially contacted several highly popular PS vendors known for hand-forged rings and found him to be the most responsive through email and really easy to collaborate with in person, when figuring out the final design. The fact that he’s local was a huge plus too; I got to meet with him several times and see my ring in progress and make sure it fit right next to my wedding band, which was very important to me. He also finished the ring really fast! His timeline was 4 to 6 weeks and he was done in 4!

The specs on the ring:
The stone is 1.60 ct H SI H&A (bought from a former PS vendor years ago)
The melee surrounding the stone are half-pointers. I believe the stones in the gallery are also half-pointers though not sure about that.

I really want to thank everyone who helped me figure out what do with my reset, it took months of wavering but I'm really happy with my final decision. And special thanks to Gypsy; her ring was a big inspiration for mine.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ew-home-halo-reset-from-steven-kirsch.177434/

alene.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good_luxe_girl » 07 Jul 2012 21:47

Hi! Newbie here - I happened upon PS right after my DH bought my new diamond ring for my birthday in June. I have been lurking here for a little while. I wanted to upgrade my 1.51 RB diamond to something in the 2.5 to 3.0 range. I pretty much educated myself on what to look for in a diamond before we started our quest. My requirements were - VS to SI (eye clean) - H/I color (to match my seven stone 1.77 wedding band) - and the diamond had to be of excellent cut with GIA grading and of course sparkly and beautiful to my eye.

We went diamond shopping on Jeweler's Row in Philadelphia and found the perfect stone and custom mounting at Barsky Diamonds. They are a very old family owned business. Nathan Barsky (5th generation) totally catered to us. I highly recommend them.

Specs:

2.60 RB GIA ex/ex/ex
8.8 mm
I / SI2
No Fluorescence

Thanks for looking and allowing me this opportunity to share!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ex-ex-ex-upgrade-from-barsky-diamonds.177445/

_159.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
stbms82 » 07 Jul 2012 00:41

My reset has been quite the journey... I originally started out with a beautiful 1.13ct Princess of Hearts Radiant in a halo, but just wasn't crazy about the setting. I wanted something a bit more delicate that didn't overwhelm the center stone. And so the search began... of course, these boards immediately made me fall head over heels in love with Leon Mege, ERD & Victor Canera's work. I was planning on doing a little more research & then getting quotes from my top two contenders, but then I walked into XIV Karats in Beverly Hills & it was all over. I tried this setting on & never looked back.

Of course, I couldn't make it that easy on myself... after months of lurking on these boards, I also fell in love with all of your stunning cushion cuts! So my simple reset turned into getting a whole new stone as well.. See what you've all done to me?! You've created a monster! I ended up working with Leor at The Jewelers of Las Vegas to find a new stone and highly recommend him. He sent me several stones to look at & was so patient with me as I continually changed my mind. I loved that he was almost as enthusiastic about finding the perfect stone for me as I was.

Here's what I ended up with.. I couldn't be happier! Hope you all like it too!

WEIGHT: 2.02 ct
CUT: Old Mine Brilliant
MEASUREMENTS: 7.45 x 6.98 x 4.88 mm
COLOR: H
CLARITY: SI2 (eye clean)
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Good
FLUORESCENCE: Faint
DEPTH: 69.9%
TABLE: 51%
Large Culet

SETTING: Platinum halo with 56 round cut diamonds weighing 0.52 ct total.
SIZE: 5.5

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-2-02ct-old-mine-halo-reset-upgrade.177417/

stb.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
snoopkat » 07 Jul 2012 21:02

My RHR from James Allen. They were fantastic to deal with and we got the ring within a week of ordering. I still can't get over how sparkly and white it is!
Stats:
0.61ct
F colour
SI2 clarity (you can see the feather if you tilt the ring a certain angle, but otherwise it's eye clean)
14KWF 2mm knife edge band

snoop.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom » 09 Jul 2012 16:13

For my recent ten year anniversary, I received a beautiful 1.43ctw GOG AVC five stone band in a platinum Vatche trellis setting. The diamonds are all K VS2 and either .28 or .29 ct each. They measure approximately 3.9 x 3.8 mm. The ring is a size 7.25 (which is usually a touch large except in this crazy heat!).

I adore this ring!! I have read so much about AVC’s (probably every word written on the topic on PS!) but they are even more beautiful in person than I expected! And even in this small size I am definitely able to appreciate the beautiful faceting and amazing light and color display. It’s mesmerizing.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gog-avc-five-stone-band.177494/

_165.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sukiisukii » 10 Jul 2012 17:56

... which happens to be an amazing eBay find! I was looking for a halo ring with good finger coverage and came across this estate ring that is big, gaudy and just my size dubbed the super bowl ring by my hubby, here it is!

Specs (although estimated, my jeweler said its pretty close):

18k white and yellow gold
Size 5
Center is approximately 1.25 CT radiant light yellow VS2
Side is approximately 0.6cttw fancy cut vivid yellow VS1
Melee is approximately 1.0cttw round F/VS

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-push-gift.177541/

suki.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paxonator » 10 Jul 2012 00:00

Took some more pictures for you guys and gals. My battery ran out on me and so did my time to take some different angles but they turned out alright. Here's the previous thread of pictures I took (which I like better actually). [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-hearts-and-arrows-ring-from-bgd.175227/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/3-stone-hearts-and-arrows-ring-from-bgd.175227/[/URL]

Center is a H&A .8 vs2 H, sides are .2 vs2's, setting is the H Levi Queen Dina 3 stone pave from BGD

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-e-ring-pictures.177515/

pax.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
starrynight » 08 Jul 2012 23:33

My friend just got engaged and because of my love of diamonds, she let me stare at it from inches away and take some photos, too Doesn't hurt that we're also the same finger size, mwahaha! Her boyfriend got it for her from a Dallas, TX store called Diamond Doctor http://www.diamonddoctor.com... It sounded like the experience was pleasant for him, but he was lucky enough to fly down there to look at the diamond in person and had her cousin help out in finding out which setting she'd like. She wanted something that was a bit more unique and different and I think the prongs on this make it pretty different than what I've seen on pricescope and those around me.

Stats:
1.71ct cushion modified
F, VS2
7.34x6.23
No fluor

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-71ct-cushion-in-a-split-shank-setting.177473/

starry.jpg

msbibliotecaria

Rough_Rock
I recently bought myself another RHR and wanted to share. It is a three stone halo ring with approximately 1 ct total weight of diamonds. Each round brilliant diamond has 12 smaller round diamonds surrounding it. The setting is white gold and the ring is a size 7.
threestonering3.jpg
threestonering1.jpg
threestonering2.jpg
threestonecloseup.jpg

blackngold666

Rough_Rock
Just thought I would post a picture of one of my rings that I have collected.
Hallmarked: Plat. Peacock Sapphire (7mm) with Diamond Accents
around 1930s with inscription. I love collecting and occasionally wearing
them. How rare is this color? In person it displays deep greenish-blue.
I hope that you Enjoy!

_296.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mackenzarelli » 26 Jul 2012 10:29

Hi all

I have trawled through the posts of PS for many many months, picking up a huge amount of information and inspiration along the way. I can safely say I'm now settled, and have a complete ring in my possession.

So without spoiling the secret for my friends and family, and most of all my future fiancé (I hope ), I'm hoping for hear some objective views from the PS community... Did I do good.

I have to say, I'm very happy with how it all turned out, especially the overal proportions... had a great jeweller who also happens to be one of my best mates.

Here are the specs:

Cut: Emerald Centre
Carat: 1.21
Clarity: VVS1
Colour: G
Polish: Very Good
L/W: 1.32 (6.92 x 5.25)
Table: 68%
Depth: 69%
Crown: 14%
Halo: 20 x 0.007 Round
Shouders: 16 x 0.015 Round
Ring Width: 2.2mm
Milgrain finishing

I think that about covers the general info. I know that some of the specs are out of the "on paper" range for an emerald cut diamond, but I have to say, it looks absolutely unreal.

Thanks to everybody that has posted on PS over the years, especially the step cut fans.

Oh, while the final ring is not similar to hers, I have to thank Gypsy for all of her great posts, and her ring for inspiration, especially in regards to a delicate halo... really really helped my decision making along the way.

Here are the pics, so now over to you all for thoughts.

Thanks

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/did-i-do-good-emerald-cut-halo-ring.178083/

mack.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
novicediamond » 25 Jul 2012 16:34

My E Ring arrived!! I want to share with all the PSers who were kind enough to give me helpful advice, Im so so grateful to you all, you really kept me on the right path with excellent advice..so stats first, then photo's , sorry I got totally carried away trying out the 'How to take good foto's' thread and messing around with the macro function...this website and bling is really addictive...

GOG AVC 0.97 VS2 M AGS Triple Ideal, 5.99 X 5.85

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...vc-discoball-in-tacori-halo-pic-heavy.178047/

novice.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D » 14 Jul 2012 01:08

Yes I always said (thought) I wanted a three stone, yes I sold a diamond a year ago in part because it was too big, yes I am a changable creature... we all know the history!

But I had been saving to set my three stone and kept finding excuses not to do it. I couldn't decide on a setting, I couldn't decide whether I liked the big side stones or smaller side stones. Somehow I had a mental block about that project. And when I saw Demelza's huge OEC -- the first time I had the pleasure of seeing such a large and amazing diamond in person -- GAME OVER!! I wanted one too InnaR said in my three stone thread that she thought I was a solitaire girl at heart. And I realized she is right. It just needs to be a really big solitaire Social norms be darned.

But I had also been wondering if maybe old cuts were not for me. I love so much about old cuts -- the chunkiness, the history, the uniqueness. But I cannot stand lazy central facets, leakage, hazy mush. I am OCD about cut!! My 7mm OEC is about as good as it gets in a traditional OEC and even that stone niggled at me in terms of optics. So I was considering getting an RB again!

And then yesterday I stumbled on a listing on ebay that made me stop in my tracks and gasp out loud! This is it! The holy grail, the one in a million cut! Just what I have been looking for! I made an offer, back and forth we went, seller shipped overnight, and I made a day long trip to pick it up today.

It is love at first sight!! This diamond is perfect, all my dreams come true: Huge, white, perfect chunky optics, and a gorgeous setting. It is that rarest of rare cuts: a very symmetrical later European cut, what some call transitional. Like a chunkier, bolder, modern RB. The cutter who crafted this stone was a master. And it is *perfect* for me. Looks so much like Demelza's stone! And others I have admired on PS: jjc's, happy canary's, kennedy's.

So, may I introduce my 8.1mm later period European cut diamond, likely from the 1920s. Estimated G color, SI1 clarity with no under table inclusions, 1.9ct. In a supposedly authentic platinum octagonal-bezel prong-set mount.

I have named her "George" because I will love her, and kiss her, and squeeze her and never let her go.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-dream-ring-8-1mm-european-cut-diamond.177658/

dreamer.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
marchesa6989 » 25 Jul 2012 15:01

hi fellow PSers! i posted a thread awhile ago asking advice on what style of wedding band to go with...i kinda ended up ignoring the advice and going for something blingy! i also got sidetracked along the way and ended up buying studs with jackets from IDJ as well.

i had a hard time deciding between 20 and 25 pointers. i even went into tiffany and the salesperson was trying to talk me OUT of buying the 25 pointers saying it was too much. i sent lots of emails to Luann and Yekutiel who were lovely as always, and eventually decided to go full on blingtastic as i do want to be able to wear the ring as a standalone as well.

enough talking! i present to you my brand spankin new 1.25ctw 5 stone ring from ID Jewelry with F/G, SI (eyeclean), excellent cut stones ala PS style.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-5-stone-ring-from-idj.178042/

_317.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit » 24 Jul 2012 21:40

It's finally here...after 3 months of waiting!

Original thread here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bling-budget-got-increased.173405/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bling-budget-got-increased.173405/[/URL]

I'm so happy to finally have this beauty on my hand! And so appreciative of Yekutiel and ID Jewelry. He was so patient with me as I harassed him weekly for updates He even told me "missed my voice" when he called to tell me the ring was finally ready to ship. Such a great guy to work with and I highly recommend him!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...methyst-eternity-band-from-id-jewelry.178007/

lilmisfit.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results