shape
carat
color
clarity

Which color is better for Mahenge spinel?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I just got a new phone, so I thought I'd try out the macro lens.... not too bad considering it was my first time using it. The picture isn't perfect, but it does show the difference in color between the reddish pink and pink/pink stone outside (but in the shade).

I think it is interesting that you can see red with pink flashes and a bit of orange flash (at the top) of the oval, while the pear is pretty much pink (just like Jaimeen said).

pink_compare.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
colorluvr|1341612027|3229763 said:
I just got a new phone, so I thought I'd try out the macro lens.... not too bad considering it was my first time using it. The picture isn't perfect, but it does show the difference in color between the reddish pink and pink/pink stone outside (but in the shade).

I think it is interesting that you can see red with pink flashes and a bit of orange flash (at the top) of the oval, while the pear is pretty much pink (just like Jaimeen said).
Nice picture! It makes the reddish pink oval even more attracting.
Now I see which color I like better. Reddish pink (or pinkish red) all the way!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
:twirl: Colorluvr, I never get tired of seeing your spinels. Beautiful!

The setting for the oval is interesting as the prings make the spinel look sculpted. How do you EVER drive safely with that on your hand? Thanks to everyone for the the pics and the info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results