shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Oh Rissa dear I am so sorry. :(sad It really does sound like you may have had a chemical pregnancy. I still don't understand why you would get a positive on a urine test and a negative on a blood test though. Hopefully you will get some answers. On the bright side if it was a chemical, it just means that you and DH can get pregnant but it was just a one-time genetic issue that didn't work out for the egg. I don't think chemical pregnancies reflect any type of fertility issue the same way that later miscarriages do so remember that. I love your DH's perspective that the time will be right, when it is right! He sounds like a sweet guy!

Mere- :appl: :appl: :appl: Yay! I knew it! That jump in temps sounded promising! Congrats!!!!

Bean-Congratulations! Come on over to JBP!

Lavender- Totally normal to waiver on the decision to TTC or not. Let's face it, there is no "perfect" time! I have wanted a baby forever but now that I am actually pregnant, I have moments where I am like "wait, did we make a mistake? Are we really ready?" Well, no turning back for me, but I just wanted to share that I think what you are feeling is normal. I also agree that you keep talking it through to make sure you feel good about your decision.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

Congrats bean and Meresal!!

Lavender (and bean), I think it's totally normal to still be a little on the fence while TTC. In fact, I'm sure there will be many times throughout your pregnancy where you still think "sh*t, I'm not ready for this". But then you'll have your baby. And not to sound cliche, but from that day on you'd wonder how you ever lived without that baby in your life. EVERYBODY says you can't know how strong the love is for your kid until you have him/her. Turns out, that's a cliche for a reason.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Thank you gals, very much! I had a pretty good feeling that I was... but being that I had never TTC before, I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was making the "side effects" up in my head.

We have our first appointment on the 26th, a day after our 3yr anniversary. I am not ready to say that I feel in the clear, but the lines are continuing to get darker and darker, so I am done testing. (or maybe one next week, just to make sure the line is still there). I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Lavender, as for being on the fence with TTC, it was a HUGE hurdle for me. I was all for it, and then when it came down to dtd, I just couldn't go thru with it. That is why our first month of TTC was pretty much a joke, by the time I finally felt comfortable, I was past my surge. You will know when you are ready, however, keep in mind 9 months is a long time, and if you know that you want kids, you will come around... for me, I knew I wanted more, it was just the act of going thru with it that was holding me up. Good luck lady!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

bean|1341387022|3228403 said:
I don't know... are most people really every 100% certain?

I'm due in 6 weeks and still have moments of panic. I think it's fear of the unknown. You can plan and research and prepare, but you have no way of knowing what it will be like...because there's no way to know what kind of baby you'll have.

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

It's reassuring to me to hear that I'm not the only one with moments of doubt! I think a lot of it is definitely the fear of the unknown - when those moments of panic hit, you think of all the 'worst case scenarios' (never getting a good night of sleep again, never having time for DH, having a very difficult baby/child, etc) but I'm happy I'm not the only one with those fears sometimes.

Well, I officially stopped the pill Monday and it's CD 3 for me. I ordered some OPKs and Wondfos (wishful thinking 1st month?) because coming off the pill I have no idea if I'll ovulate right away or have weird cycles. Before starting the pill I always had 28 day predictable cycles, but that was 4 and a half years ago, so who knows what will happen now. I had some HORRIBLE migraines this week (every day was terrible) but I generally get migraines pretty often so I don't know if that's hormone/pill-related or just me-related. Part of me is definitely worried about side effects coming off the pill, so next week should be very interesting.....

Hope all you ladies had a good July 4th and a great week! :wavey:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hello, hope everyone is well :)

So I've been waiting for my body to do something, anything really. The doctor had told me that if I didn't have some bleeding in two weeks to go back in. It's been fairly depressing coming to terms with accepting that I more than likely had a chemical pregnancy so I haven't really been "in the mood" to continue TTC at the moment. Hubs and I have only had "relations" once in the past two weeks. My sister finally motivated me to go with her to work out this morning. It was a pretty intense work out. I think it helped because I finally have something happening. I've been having some mild cramping and had the teenist tiniest light brown spot when I wiped after using the restroom. I also have felt sick to my stomach for the past couple hours, not sure if that's part of it but I hope this all passes soon so I can do more than lay on the couch watching chick flicks. At least it's rainy and gloomy where I'm at anyway so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

How's everyone else doing? It'd be nice to hear some good news or positivity to give me some hope or cheer me up a bit. :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Hi girls,
I know it's been awhile since I've been on here but was wondering if I could come back? Life's been busy with Cayden who is now 1 and I recently had a huge boost in my career that allows me to work from home and allows us to financially be able to start ttc #2. Our first cycle is this month!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

random_thought|1341863893|3231131 said:
Hi girls,
I know it's been awhile since I've been on here but was wondering if I could come back? Life's been busy with Cayden who is now 1 and I recently had a huge boost in my career that allows me to work from home and allows us to financially be able to start ttc #2. Our first cycle is this month!

Welcome back :wavey:

southerngirl

Rough_Rock

I have a few questions for those who have been pregnant or are trying again.... How long does it usually take to conceive? Is there a time where you just decided that medical intervention was necessary - not invtro, just blood work and other non-invasive testing. It's been six cycles of trying and nothing. Just curious!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
southerngirl said:
I have a few questions for those who have been pregnant or are trying again.... How long does it usually take to conceive? Is there a time where you just decided that medical intervention was necessary - not invtro, just blood work and other non-invasive testing. It's been six cycles of trying and nothing. Just curious!

If you're under 35, most doctors won't test you until 12 months. Six months for 35 and over.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Think it depends on who you see and the nature of your issue - whether you've been cycling regularly or not, etc. If you've been having extremely long cycles then I think many clinicians would see little point in waiting [X] number of months, because you've gotta be in it to win it - if you're not ovulating (or very seldom ovulating), there is no point in waiting before looking into it.

But if you're relatively young and you're cycling regularly, many would say just wait and see - think it is a 25% chance of conception each cycle in that circumstance. After 6 months, I think I would probably seek a referral - that way, even if it takes a couple of months to be seen, you have a plan.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

A lot depends on if you're charting and know you're hitting the right days for sure. Regardless of your age, if you've been charting and have well timed intercourse every month, I think you can at least see your OB/GYN to have a chat. In my experience, the reason they want you to wait 6 mo for ~35 yr old and up is because time isn't your friend and these things can take AGES to coordinate and get answers for.

Hopefully you don't need it, but if I were you I'd make an appointment for the end of August or sometime in September. You can always cancel it if it's not needed...and hopefully it isn't. :) In the meantime, if you're not charting or using OPKs yet, I'd highly suggest it. It's possible that's all you need to get your bfp. :))

Personally, I started asking questions and DH got his SA done around the 6 month mark because I am now 35. I've been actively TTC (charting, opk, well timed) since October/November of 2011 and no baby so far. I've only done bloodwork and preliminary U/S to rule out any obvious issues so far, but I have an appt with a more knowledgeable OB/GYN on August 1st. My plan was/is to ask for an HSG to check my tubes at that time, and explore the possibility that I may have endo based on family history and my heavy, painful periods.

Anyhow, back to lurk mode for me. :oops: Good luck!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

southerngirl|1342058728|3232653 said:

It took us about 9 cycles the first time we got pregnant if that helps. I also heard that after 12 is when they suggest medical intervention.

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

Welcome RT! :wavey:

RissaLou - How are you doing? Any new updates?

I think it's CD12 for me now. I say I 'think' it is because FertilityFriend tells me it's CD12 even though it's been 13 since I started spotting before my last period (maybe spotting didn't count as CD1 and they're just counting the first day as the first day of 'real' bleeding?) I don't know, but I'll go by their count.

I keep using these OPKs hoping I'll get a positive, but realistically I know it's still probably too early even if I were still on a 28 day regular cycle (which, chances are I won't be just coming off the pill this month). It's still kinda disappointing not seeing that second line and worrying I won't start ovulating... What is the best time to test? I read mid-afternoon somewhere, but I'm at work then and don't know if I can realistically do that in the bathroom at work. Can I test at around 6-7pm every day? I know pregnancy tests are better with FMU, but does it matter so much for OPKs?

4 of my friends had babies this weekend and I went to see one of them and she's so adorable and cuddly and it made me want this so much more. I'm trying not to stress about it because I know stress won't help, but I'm such a planner by nature it's so hard to know I really don't have any control over this!

Hope everyone is doing well!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hey Lavender :wavey: I can't believe FOUR friends had babies on the same weekend! Soooo jealous :tongue:
I don't think CD12 is too early to start testing, you never know you might O early, but I would start with temping first for a day or two so you don't waste too many test, unless you bought a big pack of them :D

Thanks for asking about me. I still have not so much as spoted even a little pink, so I'm still waiting. Today is two weeks from the doctor appointment I had on the 2nd in which they told me to come back in two weeks if I didn't start bleeding, so I'm going back in Wednesday morning. Can you have a chemical pregnancy with no bleeding?? And I never got an answer about how I could have a positive urine sample and a negative blood sample. Hopefully I'll get some answers but I don't know what they will say or do, if anything. I will post an update after the visit... :(( :rolleyes:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Lavendar, the opk's can be kind of tricky. I always started on CD10 or 11, doing it once a day, around mid day. Once I started getting a noticeable line, I switched to twice a day (mid morning and mid afternoon), bc my O day was usually within 3 days of originally seeing a line. Once it was getting pretty close to O (very dark), I was testing 3 or 4 times a day, bc my surge was VERY quick and only lasted a few hours. I would test first thing in the morning, around noon, mid afternoon, and before bed.

I also temped, and if you are good about doing it at the same time everyday, it can be a very good indicator... BUT, the temp rise isn't until the day AFTER you O (usually), so it won't help you get pregnant.
Also, just a warning, but alcohol had a huge effect of my temps. So just a head's up.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

meresal|1342496846|3235228 said:
Lavendar, the opk's can be kind of tricky. I always started on CD10 or 11, doing it once a day, around mid day. Once I started getting a noticeable line, I switched to twice a day (mid morning and mid afternoon), bc my O day was usually within 3 days of originally seeing a line. Once it was getting pretty close to O (very dark), I was testing 3 or 4 times a day, bc my surge was VERY quick and only lasted a few hours. I would test first thing in the morning, around noon, mid afternoon, and before bed.

I also temped, and if you are good about doing it at the same time everyday, it can be a very good indicator... BUT, the temp rise isn't until the day AFTER you O (usually), so it won't help you get pregnant.
Also, just a warning, but alcohol had a huge effect of my temps. So just a head's up.

Thank you for helping Lavendar Meresal :appl:
I'm so sorry Lavendar I gave you bad advice about the temping, you could have missed O! :(
I definitely wouldn't listen to me anymore seeing as how I'm so confused about my own body let alone anyone elses :???:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

RissaLou|1342492127|3235196 said:
Thanks for asking about me. I still have not so much as spoted even a little pink, so I'm still waiting. Today is two weeks from the doctor appointment I had on the 2nd in which they told me to come back in two weeks if I didn't start bleeding, so I'm going back in Wednesday morning. Can you have a chemical pregnancy with no bleeding?? And I never got an answer about how I could have a positive urine sample and a negative blood sample. Hopefully I'll get some answers but I don't know what they will say or do, if anything. I will post an update after the visit... :(( :rolleyes:

Rissa, ugh, how very frustrating and confusing. I'm obviously not a fertility expert, but your situation is particularly perplexing. I agree that if you had a chemical pregnancy, you most certainly would've had bleeding by now, especially if your bloodwork came back negative for hcg two weeks ago. If it weren't for the positive HPTs, I would think you just haven't ovulated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Have you taken any more tests since then to see if they are still positive? Hoping you get some more clarity at your next appointment. If I were you, I would push hard for answers as to what might be going on and what was causing the positive HPTs. I'll be very curious to hear what you find out. At a minimum, I hope AF arrive soon, so you can at least start trying again.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

monkeyprincess|1342538810|3235461 said:
RissaLou|1342492127|3235196 said:

Rissa, ugh, how very frustrating and confusing. I'm obviously not a fertility expert, but your situation is particularly perplexing. I agree that if you had a chemical pregnancy, you most certainly would've had bleeding by now, especially if your bloodwork came back negative for hcg two weeks ago. If it weren't for the positive HPTs, I would think you just haven't ovulated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Have you taken any more tests since then to see if they are still positive? Hoping you get some more clarity at your next appointment. If I were you, I would push hard for answers as to what might be going on and what was causing the positive HPTs. I'll be very curious to hear what you find out. At a minimum, I hope AF arrive soon, so you can at least start trying again.

Rissa- I agree with MP. I feel badly because I felt like I was the one getting your hopes up in the past, but this is very puzzling. I would consider taking another HPT and actually I think you might consider asking for an ultrasound to see if there is anything there. Not saying you still might be pregnant but I wonder if there could be an undeveloped sac or something like that. Just as MP said if this were a typical chemical pregnancy your period would only be a couple of days late. Anyway, hoping this gets straightened out soon so you can get back to TTC!

mtabh

Rough_Rock
Hi! I'm an avid PS lurker. I just found this thread while searching for five stone ideas. :)

We are currently TTC #2. This was our first month and I'm 99% sure we missed the mark.

Hope y'all don't mind I dropped in.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Welcome mtabh :wavey:

Well ladies the verdict is in... I had a very early chemical pregnancy which is why I had the positive pee tests and no bleeding, there was nothing really to pass out my system so to speak.

The reason I have continued to have an absent AF is because I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So I have a prescription for Prometrium to take for the next ten days to jump start things and if I'm still irregular they will put me on Clomid. So I guess that dream I had about triplets might come true and maybe this horrible adult acne will go away. :cheeky:

mtabh

Rough_Rock
Rissa - so sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. Hopefully the medicine will work out for you. And LOL at adult acne. Idk what the deal is - my face has been breaking out since AF last showed her face, nearly three weeks. Ugh!

You really want triplets? I'm terrified of multiples. I'm not sure this Momma could handle it.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Rissa, hmm. I'm really sorry about the chemical pregnancy. The silver lining is that you know you can conceive, and it was probably just a matter of bad luck or a genetic abnormality that caused your early loss. Dust that it happens again quickly for you and you get a sticky little bean next time!

I'm still confused about why you never had any bleeding though. If you did in fact conceive, that would mean that your uterine lining was built up and would need to be shed after your hcg and progesterone levels dropped. I thought the reason people with PCOS sometimes need prometrium to bring on AF is because they do not ovulate. If you had a chemical pregnancy, that necessarily means you ovulated, and your uterus would have lining that need to be shed, thus bringing on AF. Maybe it is more complicated than that though. Regardless, I hope it is all resolved quickly and you can back to TTC!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

monkeyprincess|1342636559|3236199 said:
Rissa, hmm. I'm really sorry about the chemical pregnancy. The silver lining is that you know you can conceive, and it was probably just a matter of bad luck or a genetic abnormality that caused your early loss. Dust that it happens again quickly for you and you get a sticky little bean next time!

I'm still confused about why you never had any bleeding though. If you did in fact conceive, that would mean that your uterine lining was built up and would need to be shed after your hcg and progesterone levels dropped. I thought the reason people with PCOS sometimes need prometrium to bring on AF is because they do not ovulate. If you had a chemical pregnancy, that necessarily means you ovulated, and your uterus would have lining that need to be shed, thus bringing on AF. Maybe it is more complicated than that though. Regardless, I hope it is all resolved quickly and you can back to TTC!

So they are certain about the PO syndrome, but not sure about the chemical pregnancy, maybe a flase positive IDK, but I'm just happy to finally have an answer about AF and a treatment :)

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

mtabh|1342629859|3236118 said:
Rissa - so sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. Hopefully the medicine will work out for you. And LOL at adult acne. Idk what the deal is - my face has been breaking out since AF last showed her face, nearly three weeks. Ugh!

You really want triplets? I'm terrified of multiples. I'm not sure this Momma could handle it.

Thanks! :)
Ugh I hope your acne goes away soon :nono: Makes me feel like I'm stuck in a high school nightmare :errrr:

LOL, I don't know if I really WANT triplets, but I really don't think I'd mind it, as long as I don't end up with quintuplets or something :-o

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

monkeyprincess|1342636559|3236199 said:

Oh I forgot to say thank you for the sticky dust! :appl: I hope it sticks next time too. I have to wait to TTC until I have completed at least one cycle, which will hopefully start in 10-12 days with the meds they gave me :D

mtabh

Rough_Rock
RissaLou said:
mtabh|1342629859|3236118 said:

Thanks! :)
Ugh I hope your acne goes away soon :nono: Makes me feel like I'm stuck in a high school nightmare :errrr:

LOL, I don't know if I really WANT triplets, but I really don't think I'd mind it, as long as I don't end up with quintuplets or something :-o

Ugh. I hope it goes away as well. I am totally not okay with it. Thinking about heading to the derm if it doesn't clear up.

I still think triplets would be beyond my abilities as a Mother. LOL.

You seem to have a positive outlook despite issues TTC, it's really admirable. Crossing my fingers you get a BFP soon. :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Rissa, so sorry to hear about the outcomes. I really hope that everything regulates itself now that you have the medication, and you can get pregnant soon!

mtabh

Rough_Rock
I apologize in advance for the TMI.

How long after ovulation and fertilization does implantation occur?!

I'm spotting. I could be blowing this out of proportion, but it could mean BFP!!

I can't express my excitement through text. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

mtabh|1342707712|3236574 said:
I apologize in advance for the TMI.

How long after ovulation and fertilization does implantation occur?!

I'm spotting. I could be blowing this out of proportion, but it could mean BFP!!

I can't express my excitement through text. AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

I believe it happens 7-10 days after ovulating. Good luck!

Does anyone else get sick when they ovulate? I get horrible menstrual periods and so I'm thinking it has to do with the hormones. No real reason for this except that I wanted to complain about it and my husband probably doesn't want to listen to it lol ("Just tell me when you get a bfp, no need for the other details, I know what I need to do for my part" lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results