shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy 4th of July tomorrow!

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy 4th of July. What's everyone got planned for the 4th this year.
We are doing something different from the traditional barbecue at home this year. Thought we will go to Port Canaveral and watch the cruise ships come and go and hang out at a neat place callled Miliken's reef. They have a band there and if we get hot we can go over to the pier and jump in the ocean. :) Should be fun. Haven't been there before but have been wanting to check it out.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll be attending an event saluting the 27 flags that have (officially) represented the United States. Then probably to the city celebration later in the evening.

We also usually also watch John Adams, but will probably start that this evening.

Interesting fact: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson both died on July 4th 1826.

Written by John Adams to his wife, Abigail:
The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 4th to everyone who celebrates and happy Wednesday to those who don't!

It's sort of weird this year being in the middle of the week...I prefer when holidays fall on days where you are off the next day. It's more festive for me that way.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope everyone has a fun, relaxing day!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow will be our fourth wedding anniversary, and our last before our first child arrives. SO, DH and I are going to spend the entire day together, and nobody else is invited! (We usually host a big 4th of July party at home.)

I'm really sick with this pregnancy so instead of being adventurous, we're going to stay close to home. First, we're going to make a big breakfast together, hopefully I'll be able to eat some. :cheeky: THEN, we're going to put on fresh pajamas and settle in for an all-day movie marathon. We're going to kick it off with our wedding video, which we've only watched once since our actual wedding. Then, we're going to watch horror movies all day. (They're our favorite.) I LOVE stove top popcorn, so I'm probably going to eat a lot of that. If I'm well enough to go out, we have dinner reservations at our favorite Italian place in the city; their lobster ravioli is to die for! If not, we'll cook a light meal at home and have a picnic in the backyard with our puppies.

For fireworks, we'll either go to the local pool and watch the fireworks from rafts in the water, or if I'm not up to it, we'll watch from the beach. We live a mile in from the lake.

I have some sappy plans for things to do between movies tomorrow, too--write a letter to our baby together, write a letter to ourselves in ten years, that type of thing. For gifts, we always exchange handwritten letters, so the letter thing goes well with our little tradition.

For a totally low-key anniversary, I'm actually really excited! (And please oh please oh please, pregnancy gods, please allow me to feel well enough to go out for dinner!)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, I thought I said this in another thread but then I couldn't find it. Happy anniversary! I hope you have a great day and you feel well enough to go to dinner.

We're supposed to go to my BIL's house for a family cookout.

DiamondBrokersofFlorida

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Happy 4th anniversary Haven. Hope you and your hubby enjoy your relaxing day.

We'll be home for the fireworks at night as I have 8 dogs that are petrified of noise. The fire crackers already started last night. Hopefully it won't be too bad but it ususally is quite loud around here. :errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DiamondBrokersofFlorida|1341402315|3228445 said:
Happy 4th anniversary Haven. Hope you and your hubby enjoy your relaxing day.

We'll be home for the fireworks at night as I have 8 dogs that are petrified of noise. The fire crackers already started last night. Hopefully it won't be too bad but it ususally is quite loud around here. :errrr:

Same here- we have 4 cats and they are totally terrified of the noise as well. And the fireworks here started weeks ago LOL but tonight (and Friday July 6th also because there is a big celebration planned here) they will be the worst. I really feel for the animals as it is so stressful for them. :((

Happy 4th anniversary Haven!!!! Your popcorn movie day sounds like heaven to me. We love doing that also!
Hope you are up to going out to dinner tonight! Have a lovely anniversary and all the best for many many many many more!!!! :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Independence Day to all of my US buddies! Hope you all enjoy the day and celebrate safely and in good health, with those you hold nearest and dearest!!!

Bling it out too - what they heck - shouldn't be only the fireworks at night that get to sparkle!!! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results