shape
carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
smsbrett » 24 Jun 2012 16:21

I have been meaning for some time to thank this community and post about my experience. I lurked for quite some time and read countless posts and it was absolutely invaluable.

I decided to involve my girlfriend (now fiance) in the ring search and I am so glad that I did. When she told me that she really liked rings with halos like the Tiffany Legacy, I was quite surprised as it was very different from what I had pictured in my mind to get her.

Anyway, we spent some time in the local mall shops as well as a Jared’s pretty close to us. I really like the idea of being able to pick out the center stone separate from the setting, but we didn’t find anything quite like what she was picturing in her mind. We found some settings that we felt could be altered a bit to be pretty close, but she was able to point out the things that weren’t ideal. Maybe I shouldn’t have offered, but we drove a bit over an hour to the nearest Tiffany store. I could tell as soon as she saw and put on those rings that we couldn’t compromise on the features she loved. Mainly she loved the lack of prongs protruding above the center stone as well as the hidden diamonds under the center stone and down the struts.

The people at Tiffany were very helpful and brought in a few different options of rings for us to see and compare. What I didn’t like, though, was that we were stuck choosing from the pre-made rings that were currently within inventory. Yes, they would bring in rings from other stores but usually the size stone we thought we wanted wasn’t the right quality or vice versa. Nonetheless, I was actually very close to buying one to take for a vacation proposal when they told me it wouldn’t be able to be sized in time. I couldn’t believe that a brand with otherwise such good service wouldn’t have an onsite jeweler. Turns out, that was a blessing.

When we got back from that trip, I spent a bunch of time doing some more research online. Somehow, I stumbled onto Pricescope and this site was up on my computer constantly for at least 2 weeks. I gleaned a ton of information from everyone’s comments on other people’s situations and, most importantly, came to find alternatives which would allow me to get exactly what I/she wanted.

One of the those alternatives was EngagementRingsDirect. I browsed their site for a while and finally emailed some questions about cushion cut diamonds specifically. I received a quick reply back from Mark that addressed all my questions and more and invited further inquiry while never being pushy. A short time later, I called to talk price about different settings and was very surprised that it was actually Mark who answered the phone. He spent all the time I needed to get my questions answered and to figure out what I was looking for, budget, etc.

Over the coming weeks, I communicated back and forth with Mark on multiple occasions via email and phone. He even gave me his cell phone number so we could talk while he was out of the office for his daughter’s wedding! Mark listened to my thoughts, made his own recommendations, provided me with many CAD mockups of different drafts and sent me certs for different stone options. Ultimately, we decided on a ring very similar to the Tiffany Legacy.

I remember when my bank called me for confirmation after I sent the wire transfer request... “Is this someone you know personally and/or have done business with before?” they asked. It’s a lot of money to be sending off to someone you’ve never met for a product you haven’t held, but I felt pretty reassured based on my interactions with Mark and seeing the good reviews on this site. The night before the Fedex arrived, I had a horrible nightmare that the ring was nothing like what I was envisioning and what I knew she wanted. Luckily, once I opened the package it was perfect.

Anyway, obviously she said yes and absolutely loves the ring. She couldn’t tell that it wasn’t a Tiffany ring and I think it actually looks nicer in some ways. She gets compliments about it probably every single day.

As I said before, one of my problems with Tiffany was that you had to pick from their pre-made inventory, so maybe the size I wanted wasn’t the right quality, etc, so making a direct comparison is difficult, but looking back at the prices I was quoted, I ended up getting over an additional half carat center stone than a similar quality Tiffany ring for about $2500 less (actually more since I didn’t have to pay sales tax). And, like I said, I think it looks even nicer. I couldn’t be happier with the outcome and my experience with Mark and ERD. I referred one of my buddies who purchased from him as well and had an equally awesome experience.

So, here are the specs and some pics:

Cushion cut 1.51 carat, H, VS2

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-and-mark-at-erd-are-godsends.176995/

sms.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mypatience » 21 Jun 2012 09:11

Still floating up in the clouds over here!! This past week has been full of excitment and hand grabbers and I am not complaining! My long time love proposed last friday and completely caught me off guard. We were at home getting ready to go to my parents for dinner and out of no where I turn around and he grabbed my hands and got down on one knee right there! I was so shocked!! I thought I would know when it was coming, but he got me and I'm so happy about that We have been through so much over the past eight years and are so happily in love. I can not wait to start our lives together as a married couple!

NOW, the ring....

It's amazing.

It goes above and beyond what I ever imagined.

Last summer we went together to visit GOG and see the AVCs in person even though I already knew it was what I wanted. While we were there we had so much fun and everyone was sooo nice. It was well worth the couple hour drive.

Fast forward 10 months and here we are!

Originally we were hoping to get around a 1 carat stone because let's all be honest... diamonds aren't cheap. But I was surprised with a 1.29 J SI1 AVC that is more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed!!!

The setting was made by Beverley K with 18k Rose Gold with .26 G/VS round side stones.

AVC 1.295 J SI1 Ideal
6.41 x 6.17 x 4.30

Setting size is 5.25

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-rose-gold-bevk-avc.176883/

mypatience.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Misskaity » 21 Jun 2012 02:23

I found out about PriceScope quite accidentally. To be honest, wasn't expecting to have to think about an e-ring but I got surprised, lol.

I had actually been one of the few people I knew that was interested in non-diamond e-ring (more specifically, ruby) because I thought it might even be a more budget conscious choice (wrong!). Last week, I got woken up with an e-ring! Poor man was so nervous, he slipped it on the wrong finger - twice - and started panicking that it wasn't fitting!

Apparently, I gave him such an ordeal to figure out my ring size for the setting and he initially thought I was a size 8. However, upon Yekutiel's assertion that I could not be more than a size 6.5, it was actually a perfect fit (on the right finger, of course)!

I'm a new Price Scoper and this is my first post but I've enjoyed discovering Price Scope and hope this is just the beginning of my lurking! I'm quite a diamond newbie and this forum already taught me so much! I just thought I should follow the customs of PriceScope and post my e-ring photos/specs.

Here are my e-ring details:

Diamond 0.822 ct, HOF
Color J
Cut Ideal
Clarity VS2

Halo setting in 18kt white gold is 0.91 ctw from IDJ, SI1 clarity, F-G color

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-odelia-setting-from-idj-hof-diamond.176874/

missk.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
zcoop7 » 19 Jun 2012 22:23

Wow! I am completely shocked! My boyfriend proposed to me tonight and I had no idea he had a ring already as he has had me keep looking for my diamond the past week without telling me he had "the one!" He is better at me than keeping a secret so he played it off well! I picked it out on Adiamor (told him that it looked like it would be a good one last week) and we never saw it until today so I am shocked at how pretty it is and how much I love it! So happy! He did a great job! This ring and diamond is from Adiamor!

My setting is 14K White Gold Classic Solitaire 2mm

GIA January 24, 2012
Asscher 1.02 carat
5.56x5.48x3.61
Color J
Clarity VVS2
Depth 65.9%
Table 63%
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluoresence None
Culet None

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-engaged-tonight-asscher.176822/

ad.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksmom » 18 Jun 2012 14:24

Hi All! I purchased this 1.6 ct OMC from Adam (who was just a pleasure to work with btw, I can't recommend him highly enough) and had Leon set it for me in his Princessa solitaire in 18K Rose Gold (I also thought Leon was very friendly and extremely helpful.) The diamond is not certified, Adam chose it from among his many many antique diamonds because he thought I would like the cut- and he was absolutely right! I considered sending it off to EGL to have it certified but got impatient to wear it and decided to set it instead. I'm sorry I don't have much more specs on the stone or ring except to say that the stone is deliciously warm- so warm, in fact, that Leon suggested I could have the girdle polished and set it in a white diamond halo to make it yellow! I am so very happy with how it turned out. I tried to take decent pictures with my camera but I don't think they're much better than my cell phone shots- I think my toddler has poked the lens of my camera just a few times too many!

Thanks for looking!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1-6-ct-omc-from-owd-in-rg-by-lm.176760/

ks.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Candycane » 15 Jun 2012 23:58

Hi everyone!

I'm so excited.. I've been looking at so many gorgeous rings on here while waiting for my custom set to be completed. It was the only thing holding me over these past 6 weeks lol. This site is very addicting that's for sure! Anyway, I'm happy to say my wait is officially over and my new e-ring is finally here! Pics are coming your way

Here are the stats:

1.94 Carat
I Color
SI1 Clarity
Faint Flouresence
Excellent Cut
1.15 Symmetry

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-sparkly-radiant-has-arrived.176703/

candy.png

sleeprequired

Shiny_Rock
Amys Bling|1336762707|3193240 said:
leightonleighton » 09 May 2012 15:49

Thank you. It's an original Maevona Poppy ring set with 2 pears shaped diamond on the side (e-ring and plain wedding band) in platinum set with 1.02 carat H&A H SI1 BGD signature. The story of the Maevona Poppy is quite long as I am from Land Down Under. I sent an email to Maevona Customer Service enquiring which of their retailers sends out item to Australia and they promptly replied that there is only one retailer that sends internationally. I contacted the retailer but the quotation they gave me is too much for my budget. Instead, I emailed all the retailers of Maevona and inquire about the price of the mounting in 18K white gold and platinum stating about my intention of doing it online and exporting it to Australia. I was surprised that there is a huge difference of prices between retailers--and I choose a store in New York as their price is $800-$1000 less compared mostly to all the retailers of Maevona. I emailed all their retailers and got at least 90% reply from all of them. Some don't export to Australia. Some don't do online business. You need to do the transaction in store. And some just way to expensive (maybe for me). So I negotiated with the retailer that if it's possible that I could do it online. They agreed as long as they don't export it outside US as they don't know about the documentation needed. Next step I did was to search for the centre stone and I got the best price for my budget (thanks for all the input in my queries that I posted here) with BGD. I contacted Lesley and she was so prompt in replying with all the emails that I sent her. Great customer service. And so she agreed that I would send the mounting to their office directly. And she also instructed me about the documentation needed for the AUSFTA. So I closed the deal with the retailer and they sent the mounting only to BGD as they don't have a great selection of stones as excellent compared to BGD (in my opinion). And it was BGD who set the stone to the mounting. I think my efforts paid off well especially on the mounting that save me heaps of money. I learned it from here that I need to shop around for the best price.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-for-gf.175254/

Hi there.. i was browsing through this thread and saw this ring.. amazing... i'm an aussie too and i'd be interested to know how much you managed to get off retail and who you dealt with in the end... did you get all the diamonds from BGD or just the centre stone...

***edit*** how come so many of these posts are by 'amys bling'?

here's a pic of the ring to make things easy.... temp.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
***edit*** how come so many of these posts are by 'amys bling'?

here's a pic of the ring to make things easy.... temp.jpg [/quote]

She is gracious enough to take the time to keep all the beautiful bling updated on here :appl:

sleeprequired

Shiny_Rock
wow that's awesome of Amy,.... so how could i get onto the person that got this ring for info i wonder....

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
sleeprequired|1340705941|3223748 said:
wow that's awesome of Amy,.... so how could i get onto the person that got this ring for info i wonder....

to get in contact with them you could try clicking on the link on the post for the ring- most of the posts I put up have the linke to the original thread on there.... then ask your questions on the original thread.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
MadisonGirl » 01 Jun 2012 00:08

I've spent much time researching on this forum as I searched for my ering so I thought I would share my experience with the community.

I started my ering search several months ago... I checked out tiffany, cartier, debeers, and harry winston. I really liked the cartier 1895 Solitaire but they didn't have anything in their inventory with the specs I was looking for (RB, 2.5-3.0ct, D-F color, ex/ex/ex). I found a tiffany diamond that met my requirements and was a great price but I wasn't thrilled with any of their settings... and ultimately it was sold before I could decide. I was having trouble acting quickly since it was super early in my search... which worked out fine because I wouldn't have been as happy with it. (Btw, I asked if they could do a custom 4 prong setting, they said they couldn't do it for anything under 3ct... seemed silly to me)

Flash forward to March, I meet with my cousin who works at HW. I've always thought I wanted a plain RB solitaire, classic and timeless, so I went in to look at HW's version. While there I found myself staring at "the one" and couldn't take my eyes off. I tried on several and found one that I liked, cushion cut, 2.7ct, D, VVS2, ex/ex/ex. I went home that day thinking that was the one...

When I got home, I started to worry that the cushion cut was too rectangular (i.e. long and narrow) and looked odd. I also wasn't sure I would love the micropave forever... it seemed trendy. I think in my heart I knew I still wanted a RB.

I was torn between the cushion micropave and a round diamond.

So I went back into HW... looked at a few more cushion cut micropaves, solitaires, even rb center with two pears on the side (which is totally cute)... still nothing that was perfect. So they pulled up their inventory and found the perfect RB diamond from their Chicago salon and had it overnighted to NY. I went in the next day and knew right away that it was THE diamond for me. It was already set in the solitaire setting... but they said they can custom make it into any design including the micropave. So again I went home with a big decision to make... do I stick with the solitaire which I knew looked beautiful or do I custom make the the micropave on the RB diamond? I tried to do a search on HW micropave on a round diamond... nothing. After much deliberation and a couple sleepless nights...

I decided to go with the micropave!

After waiting 9 stressful weeks of wondering if I made the right decision... I finally got pictures from my cousin and I couldn't be happier!
(Taken from his phone so not the best quality)

Ring.JPG (119.94 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Ring 2.JPG (125.85 KiB) Viewed 1612 times

Specs:
2.57ct RB
8.74-8.80x5.48
E color
VS1
Ex/Ex/Ex
No Fluorescence
57% table
62.5% depth
35.5% crown
41.4% pavilion

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-micropave-on-round-brilliant-diamond.176125/

madison.png

s_miller07

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,
Here is my ring =) I got it from Hung Phat Diamonds and Jewelry.

_47.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
star sparkle » 03 Oct 2011 13:07

Ring: vintage circa 1930, head and prongs are platinum, rest of shank is yellow gold. I don't like the way yellow gold looks on me, but none of it is visible from the top view anyway so it doesn't matter. I'm considering having the yellow gold rhodium plated, but we'll see.

Stone: OEC, .65cts, K VS1, approx 5.6mm. Obviously the style of prongs makes it look much larger than its carat weight. Including the baguettes and single cuts, tcw is .75 (hard to believe, isn't it?).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-vintage-oec-e-ring.177113/

star.jpg

austexchica

Rough_Rock
Trade
Adding my rings to the mix.

Wedding band:
.26 ctw diamonds, VS2, I color, RB
4 2.8mm natural Thai sapphires (unsure of heat treating, but I assume so.)
14K white gold

Engagement ring
1.51 oval solitaire, VS2, G color
14K white gold

img_2222.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous set!!!! I LOVE sapphires!!! You need your own thread for these!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi » 03 Jul 2012 19:43

Ta DA!!!! the final reveal!! its here - my gorgeous, beautiful perfect 3 stone princess reset! Ah - I LOVE it!!! (oh, wait, I guess I should try and be more subtle and wait for you all to share your input before I tell you how I fell... nyah - who are we kidding??? You can read me like a glass book! )

As many of you know, I had a previous reset that started out well, but took a down spin and it became so frustrating and disappointing that when I was offered the option to have my stones back and a refund, I took it. I hope that B&M store re examines their bench work for future customers, but I was not going to give them another opportunity to mess things up a second time. As an interesting note, in terms of the refund in Canadian $$ for my 18K WG ring, it cost less to have it made by BGD in US$$ in platinum! (Didn't see that bonus coming, did ya?? tee hee!)

I've always loved the work of so many vendors on PS and it was because of some fun chats with Denise during my studs and OEC Barbara pendant (yet another thread that I posted about!) that I really wanted to go with them. I also had the chance to have some long chats with Lesley during this design process and it turns out we have a lot of similarities in our lives! When I was sent the first CAD's, I had some concerns (I posted on PS for advice - thanks to all of you for sharing your input!) and then I had the chance to speak directly with Brian - I admit, I was star struck!

All was a "go" with the direction that it needed to be completed for our trip to LV June 22. A few hitches along the way but I picked it up from FEDEX and calmly waited another 30 mins in the cab, up the elevator, unpacked our outlet shopping treasures.... then .... TA DA! my will power caved and I started to rip into the box!

Well protected, rosewood boxes wrapped in the BGD yellow tissue... and there she was - my GORGEOUS ring!!! I gasped, I giggled, I wiggled, I screamed.... I was a bit excited - to say the least!!! My smile on one of these photos is so big, my eyes disappear!

Any how - on to the photos - I love it! I hope you all enjoy the beauty in it that I do! THank you thank you thank you to the amazing team at BGD - Denise, Lesley and Brian were the warmest, friendliest and most helpful people I could have hoped to share this journey with. I highly recommend them and to those who have worked with them in the past, you'll know what I mean when I say you feel like you are part of their close circle of friends!

Lets hope the photos upload better than the luck I've had on my other threads....

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...e-she-is-bgd-3-stone-reset-perfection.177313/

enerich.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi » 03 Jul 2012 13:09

Woo hoo!! yet another of my diamond hoard I've just picked up! Sadly, I don't have any of the BGD glamour shots (I'll email to see if they did take any...) so we'll have to make due with the ones I've taken

The diamond was from DreamerD - 5mm OEC I purchased from her back in Feb/March and sent to BGD to be made in 18K WG with the intent to pick up during our LV trip last week. 17.75" (hey - just cuz with custom... you CAN do that kind of thing! hahahaha!)

Here's my lovely baby! (and she has to learn to share 'neck time' with the pear sapphire DBTY from DanielM - i'm trying not to play favourites )

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/oec-barbara-pendant-from-bgd-love-it.177300/

en2.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
webdiva » 03 Jul 2012 15:49

One of the rings I ordered from Lauren Klein is finally here and I love it! It's very, very delicate and I like the tiny milgrain on it - it looks great with my ring! More pics when I get to my SLR this weekend! (Just updated my thread on RT)

In other news, this is so rhodium white that either 1. my e-ring wasn't ever as super white (I read somewhere that the Bev K alloy stays white for a long, long time by itself) or 2. The rhodium is in fact already fading - which I was hoping to stop by using the ammonia free mr clean. Oh well. It's still gorgeous and probably only I can tell the difference!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...gonal-eternity-ring-to-match-my-bev-k.177302/

webdiva.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi » 03 Jul 2012 00:26

I'm home and can finally download all my pictures of my gorgeous new items I received from Daniel M. The sapphires (ring and DBTY) were from ebay purchases, all set in argentium silver. The blue/green tourmaline was a reset of a LOGR/Jewelryhoo setting that was poorly set by my local guy, also in argentium and then I ordered at the last minute, a RG spacer, 1.2mm wide, in a soft twist, not sure if the new BGD 3 stone would require one, when worn with my 1/2 eternity band. Caren was wonderful to communicate with! The workmanship is amazing - but the DBTY necklace looks a bit tarnished after 2 days of wear... is that because I was so hot and salty?? Would that dull argentium?

The necklace is 18" long and all rings are 7.75.

I love them all!!! I had a great time photographing in flowers - was going to try a cactus shot until I accidentally stabbed my foot with a loose clump that had fallen to the ground. Took DH a few moments to pull it out... and by that point, my love of cactus had fizzled faster than a burned out sparkler on July 1 (or July 4 for the US!) Those little spikes have wicked hooks in them that hurt like hell! So... no cactus ring shots!

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ings-dbty-sapphire-necklace-rg-spacer.177278/

en3.jpg

en4.jpg

en5.jpg

en6.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
PA-C » 02 Jul 2012 17:03

this is actually a temporary ring because the ring was made in WG instead of the platinum that i ordered. thankfully, IDJ sent me this ring as a "temporary" until they remake it in the platinum because i was dying to see it after the 2.5 week wait. i was told it will take another 3 weeks until they make the correct ring. i'm not sure if they're going to use the same diamonds in the platinum setting or if they are going to use new diamonds and resell this particular setting.

either way, i thought i would give a very detailed view of what it means to get "pricescope quality" diamonds from IDJ. of course, the first thing i did when it came in the mail was to put it through the ringer in the following order: 10x --> idealscope (from WF when i bought my earrings; thanks WF!!!) --> by the window --> next to white paper --> under blacklight --> in normal lighting conditions.

i'm really happy with how it looks and with the quality of the diamonds. i couldn't get any good pics of them under the 10x but figured that using the macro on my camera would suffice. the pics are the greatest but i think they give a pretty good representation of the diamond quality.

my requests were as follows:
- set it as low as possible
- eye clean
- pinch the prongs closer together to give a scalloped look
- fill in the prongs on the end with metal (i gave pictures to show what i meant for this one)
- taper/finish the bottom metal to match the VRC

ering specs: 1.78 J VS2 GOG AVR in platinium Vatche Royal Crown (VRC) setting (in dire need of polishing!!)

wband specs: 1.04ctw F-G SI ID Jewelry WG; 10 stones 1/2 eternity

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-1-0ct-1-2-eternity-wb-lots-of-pics.177264/

pac.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results