shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this RB?

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Can I get your opinion on this 2.01 RB stone? My jeweler sent it over as an option for my trade-in.

Measurements 8.19 x 8.17 x 4.95 mm
Depth 60.5%
Table 60%
Crown 13.4%
Pavilion 43.9%
Crown Angle 33.2°
Pavilion Angle 41.3°
Girdle THIN TO MEDIUM POLISHED
Polish EXCELLENT
Symmetry EXCELLENT
Fluorescence N/A
Culet N/A

Thank you!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen this type of cut before? It's what we call a 60/60 and will have a different visual appearance than a typical ideal cut. Some people really like them because they tend to look larger face up, other prefer a more traditional look with a small table and higher crown.

This particular stone isn't scoring well on the HCA. https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca It sounds as though you will be able to see this stone and evaluate it for yourself, but typically we suggest that people reject stones that score over 2 and get more information on stones that score under 2. HCA though is only a rejection tool and is mostly used for people trying to sift through thousands of stones sight unseen online. Your eyes may tell you a different story. I would be sure though, to compare this cut with other more traditional cuts to see which you visual prefer before making a decision. Also does your jeweler have access to ideal scope images? If you feel inexperienced and don't trust your eyes to be able to accurately judge the performance of the stone, than these images are extremely useful. You can also purchase your own online and take it with you shopping. =)

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback! I read that the HCA often dings 60/60 diamonds unfairly, so I was taking that into consideration as well. My current stone also has a larger table, so I don't think the look would bother me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be helpful if you could get an idealscope and just make sure there isn't too much leakage. I think shallower crowns have greater potential to chip, so just be sure you keep your insurance coverage updated just in case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results