shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Bean, don't worry about it. At this early stage the baby is not sharing your blood supply yet. I went to a wedding and spent the whole weekend with a cocktail in my hand. Found out we were pregnant that following Tuesday I think. It'll be fine.

Congrats!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock

I believe that blood supply starts to be shared around 6 weeks. Everything should be fine. I took a category D medication until week 6 when I was pregnant with my son and he's very healthy. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations, Bean! You and baby are fine, don't you worry. Just like most of the population, I didn't find out until I was 6 weeks, and I had only been married for those 6, which included lots of parties AND our 10 day honeymoon.

Hugs.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock

Congrats bean! Don't be too hard on yourself. I had a similar experience to LC and dr said what everyone else has been saying about the blood supply. Enjoy a happy and healthy 9 months!

LV, LC, Googjoo, meresal, petitepoire

Thank you for the words of encouragement. Who takes a pregnancy test at 2am?!? I was exhausted from not sleeping well lately and was so over tired that I was bawling my eyes out until 4. I should've known something was up when my beloved peanut butter cheerios had such a disgusting taste a few days ago.

I think I'm 5ish weeks. I'm not really sure though.

April I had a normal cycle and we had all BFN. May, I took tests but figured I didn't O because I didn't get a positive and probably missed it. June, mostly gave up because the OPK were all the same color day after day so I stopped caring and have been working on projects around the house.

I have this sense of... Now what? I was a terrible TTC girl because I lurked some but decided not to chat much because we were going to wait. I don't know! What's my next step?! I think I need to make a drs appointment and get this confirmed... But other than that...

I feel like crud today. Either too much sun or MS because I've only had a few crackers today. Food makes me want to vomit right now, but yet, I still was craving spaghetti off and on this weekend.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Bean, I took mine after midnight as well... after a night of drinking. Let's just call it liquid courage. Like you, I cried myself to sleep. It took a few days to settle in and once I went to the doctor to get the confirmation and find out how far along I was, I was more comfortable with the pregnancy.
In my case, my anxiety was due to the fact that I was worried I had gotten pregnant BEFORE the wedding, and didn't want to have to tell my dad. So once we found out that I was as many weeks pregnant as I was married, I was able to breathe. However, Deuce still came almost 2 weeks early, so once he is old enough to count, I'm sure there will be some questions, lol.

I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks, so I never had to deal with the "sit around a wait" period, but I think that is what these first weeks are considered. Get yourself a prenatal vitamin and set up a doctor's appointment.

I would call and make an appointment with your doc, just to get the confirmation, and then buy a bottle of prenatal vitamins, if you haven't already.

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone. I used to post here under another name, but around 2 years ago a friend of mine figured out who I was, then grad school and life took over and I stopped posting (I did keep lurking though - PS is hard to give up!) Anyway, I decided to start posting again because DH and I are planning to start TTC and I love the support all of you ladies give each other and hope I can join in!

DH and I have been talking about TTC for a couple months now but we've been waiting for the right time. Today is my birthday and today is the day we decided I will stop taking my BCP... so I guess here I am about to officially start the TTC process!

Good luck to all you ladies and I hope you all get your BFPs soon!! :))

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Welcome back, and welcom to ttc! Hope it's a quick stay for you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Bean, congrats! As the others have said, no need to worry. Before I tested, I flew cross country, drank a lot (it was my wedding/honeymoon), ziplined, went in a hot tub, etc. I even went on rides at Disney World after I tested. At this point you're not even sharing a blood supply, so no need to panic!

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

meresal - Thanks so much! I hope you get good news soon as well!

bean - I have a whole bunch of friends who either weren't trying to get pregnant or didn't realize they were pregnant until 5-6 weeks and they were on medications, drinking, eating sushi, etc. until they realized they were pregnant... and they all now have healthy, happy, beautiful babies :)) Even my doctor has told me that there's no need for me to stop any medications or alcohol (not that I drink much anyway, but she said I don't need to avoid it) until I get an actual positive pregnancy test, which usually wouldn't be before 4 weeks anyway. If blood supply isn't shared till 6 weeks, I think you're safe ;)) Congrats - so exciting!!!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Congrats Bean :) and welcome Lavender!

I'm a bit sad girls :((
Doctors appointment this morning was just as confusing as my home tests. I gave them a urine sample it was positive. They took me back to the ultra sound room to take a look. She could not find a gestational sack. Took a blood test and it was negative. They told me to come back in two weeks if I still haven't started my period.
I don't understand how I can keep getting positive tests (I have had 7 positives now including the doctors test, however I have also had about 12 negative home tests and all at random times not in order like positives to negatives), and have a negative blood sample. If I had or am having a miscarriage, why haven't I started bleeding or even spotting a little bit yet?
Two weeks to go back to the doctor is sooo long to wait. I hate that even the professionals can't give me an answer and just have to wait. :cry:
Not only that but hubby was sad too, and even more confused because I had to try and explain it all to him, he thinks sex equals baby and it is just that easy.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Rissa- when you say the blood test was negative, was that a qualitative or quant test? And if it was a quant test, what is their standard? Labs can vary greatly- some will be less than 5 = negative, others use higher numbers.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

She said it was quantitative and absolutely negative :(

amc80

Ideal_Rock
RissaLou said:

That makes no sense. How can you be producing enough hcg to get a positive pee test, but not enough for a blood test? I could see if it was the other way around....

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1341278699|3227590 said:
RissaLou said:

That makes no sense. How can you be producing enough hcg to get a positive pee test, but not enough for a blood test? I could see if it was the other way around....

I 100% agree with AMC. Something is funny here RissaLou. If you are getting positive pee tests then you should definitely have at least a low quantitative beta hcg count from the blood draw. If I were you, I would call back and ask for that count # exactly, and if I hadn't gotten my period within 5 more days, I would request another blood draw (quantitative/beta hcg draw). Hopefully that will give you some more info to go by. Good Luck! I have been through many of these highs and lows and the uncertainty is just the worse. Hang in there.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

amc80|1341278699|3227590 said:
RissaLou said:

I know right?!!! That's why I've been so confused.

Thanks Lizzy, I think your right, if I don't start my period this weekend I'm going to call them and ask for another blood test.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm not on fertility treatments or prescriptions of any kind, is there anything else that would cause a false positive pee test??

Oh and when she was doing the transvaginal ultrasound she kept hitting my bladder, SUPER uncomfortable. :nono:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Rissa, ugh. I'm really sorry. I did a lot of research on this because my initial blood test came back as negative. It turned out in my case that there was a lab error with the initial blood test, and a subsequent test came back positive. However, in my case, my urine tests were always positive and continued to get darker over time. I did not have the back and forth results you've had. Unfortunately, if you were pregnant with a viable pregnancy, the ultrasound should've shown the sac and fetal pole by now based on the timing of your tests, right? But it does seem like you had to at least have had a chemical pregnancy. I assume they ruled out an ectopic pregnancy, right? And did they check your ovaries? I remember reading that certain types of ovarian cysts can lead to false positives but I would think that would show up in a blood test, and they would've seen that on the ultrasound. Did the doctor offer any plausible explanation? So very sorry because I know how frustrating and heartbreaking the confusion is. I agree that you should push for answers on tis one. Hoping you get your BFP very soon!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks MP, yep everything you said is right. They did check my ovaries and they are fine. The only thing she did to follow up about a possible EP was to ask if I'm in pain, which I'm not. This is all just so disappointing for me... my husband keeps reminding me that when the time is right, it's right. I'm sure I'll feel better in the morning, just sad right now.

Rissa, I hope everything gets figured out for you quickly! You are actually the reason I've taken 5 tests total. I'm paranoid that it'll go to negative. I asked the doc today if I could be given another one and he looked at me like I was nuts and said something like "5 home tests?"
Anyway, it is not fun playing the waiting game- I hope you get an answer soon.

Today I had a first appointment. I will be 5 weeks on wednesday. We told my parents because my husband could not keep it in. I'm very cautious though and really wanted to wait until I get the first ultrasound on the 18th this month. I don't think it will be real for me until I can see something and hear a heartbeat. That's morbid, I know, but I feel like since my hubs is being so overly excited, I have to be the one to pull back a bit. I do realize that having an appt this early really doesn't make sense, but I just wanted to make sure.... they took 8 huge vials of blood from me and I'm not sure what they are all for.

So yeah, I don't want to switch threads quite yet until I know for sure.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Oh, Rissa, I am so so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine what you are going through. Hugs lady. I hope you can just get ANY answer soon, and put an end to this back and forth madness.

Congratulations Bean. Hang out as long as you want!

AFM... I got a positive yesterday morning, followed by 3 more, then another at noon, and then another this morning. I don't know why, but I have the irrational fear that the line is going to stop being there. We are very excited! 3w2d, and I don't know what to do with myself! lol

2012.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock

from top to bottom... 10dpo FMP, 10dpo Noon, and 11dpo FMP

_117.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Meresal! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm looking forward to sharing this adventure with you!

Bean, congrats! I'm with the others on not worrying about the drinks. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months!

Rissa, wow!? Our bodies can be so confusing sometimes! I hope that you find out something definitive soon. I know how difficult the uncertainty is. :(sad

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You ladies are so amazing and have all made me feel so much better, thank you so much :halo:

Oh Bean! I feel horrible that you have taken so many home tests. Do not worry yourself, I had such a constant back and forth from positive to negative, that's why I took so many tests, I'm sure if you are constant positives you are fine and should enjoy this time. I do know what you mean though about it not seeming real, I'm sure lots of people feel that way, but once you see that little heart beat it'll be too wonderful not to be real *BIG HUGS* Oh and the huge vials of blood are just for standard testing, STD's, sicknesses, hemoglobin levels, etc. etc.

Yay Meresal :appl: :appl: I just knew it was your month, so happy for you!! Don't worry those lines are darker and darker, they aren't going anywhere :bigsmile:

Thank you puppmom, you said it exactly, my body is just being so stubbornly confusing, but I think I know the answer now and this morning it's a little easier to accept. I'm trying to look on the bright side, at least I'll be able to enjoy my sister in law fourth of July party with a couple of cocktails or maybe virgin cocktails just in case, okay maybe I'm still a little confused ;-)

Meresal- Woohoo! Congrats! :appl: :appl: that is great news! We will be within 2 weeks of each other ::)

Rissa- =) I would say virgin cocktails just in case! How many dpo are you right now?

puppmom- thank you

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats meresal! :appl: :appl: :appl:
Are you going to get any betas drawn or will you just keep testing on the wondfos until your first appointment?

Lavender_81

Rough_Rock

Congrats meresal!! Such exciting news! :appl:

RissaLou- So sorry about the back and forth :(( Something seems off with the results of the blood test vs. home tests, so I hope you get some answers one way or the other soon.

bean - The 18th (and your ultrasound) will be here before you know it! :))

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but does anyone ever feel a little back and forth about their decision to TTC? Most of the time I feel SO sure of myself and looking forward to starting a family with DH, but then I'll have days where it'll be a really stressful day at work and I panic that we (or maybe just me) aren't ready yet to have a baby... or I'll have such a nice date night with DH and it'll stress me out that it'll never be like that again once we have a baby.

It's funny because around 6 months ago when DH and I started talking about this I was so much more confident in it and he was the one with hesitation... and now we seem to have switched! He's all on board and thrilled to start trying, and I'm the one with days of fear that our marriage will change and everything will never be the same again. I think my fear is coming from the fact that I see so many friends who seemed happy before they had kids, but then after babies their marriages started to fall apart and now they don't even like each other. Also, my parents divorced when I was 2 and I know a lot of their problems started once I was born, so I think that also contributes to my fear about that. I know DH and I have a really strong relationship, but I guess for some reason I can't shake that little part of me inside that worries about it. I guess I just need to focus more on all the happy people who have babies (and I know there are a ton of those too!!) :))

icekid

Ideal_Rock

bean- congratulations!! I second the others- don't stress over those super early indiscretions. Hope your bean is sticky :cheeky: :cheeky:

meresal- I had a feeling you weren't going to be here anymore when I officially join the club. Congratulations!!

southerngirl

Rough_Rock

Congratulations Bean & Meresal!

@Lavender - I think the back and forth is totally normal. Most everyone has reservations when planning this step. The important part is talking about it. How long have you been trying?

Lavender-

My husband has been very pro TTC for the last year or so. I have been the one on the fence since I don't work. I honestly didn't feel like he was ready a year ago (he's 33 now). I voiced my concerns and he has really improved (because he wants to. We basically TTC for 1-2 months (one normal cycle, then a weird one) and then I decided to wait. Funny how that works... I'm getting more excited every day, but when I told my BFF her SO said, "Well, there goes our friends!" It's sad. I didn't think I was ready to let go of my free time and not having to worry about a tiny human being.. but now I'm on board.

I don't know... are most people really every 100% certain?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results