shape
carat
color
clarity

My rings were polished & sized- had to share some pics! :)

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Today I got my rings polished and sized down and they look so pretty, I had to take some pictures and share! :)) I've lost 50 pounds over the last 9 months and my finger size went from a 7.5 to a 5.5 for my engagement ring and a 6 for my wedding band! This is the diamond and e-ring setting that I keep going back and forth over keeping or changing. I'm not gonna lie, having them polished, looking new again, and my diamond looks clean again and a GOOD size (smaller finger and proper ring size?), I'm leaning towards keeping the diamond and setting (unless we hit the jackpot :cheeky: ) and for my 10th anniversary early next year, getting a diamond anniversary band (or two!) to wear with it?

Also, I'd like opinions on the plain band. IRL, I feel like it's a hair too thin, that maybe a 2.5mm or 3mm would be better. But then looking at the photos, I think the 2mm looks quite nice with it! And it's super comfy, which is a MUST for me.

I apologize for the craptastic photos ;)) My digital camera broke so these were taken with my iphone.

Anyway, thanks for looking and any opinions are great! :wavey:

_77.jpg

_81.jpg

_82.jpg

_83.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Re: My rings were polished & sized- had to share some pics!

Wanted to add. for those who don't know, my diamond is a .80 carat, Triple EX GIA, I color, SI2 (eye clean). :))

And my nail polish is Zoya's Wednesday- a dup for the Tiffany Blue color!

ring5.jpg

_84.jpg

lewood

Shiny_Rock

:love: :love: :love:
Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!!!!!!! I just love your set. I also think your wedding band is perfect- I wouldn't get a thicker one, especially if you want to add an anniversary band!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Looking great! Congrats on the weight loss too - I'm envious/inspired?! Your wedding band is PERFECT w/the ering. I wouldn't want it a hair more narrow or wider. AT ALL. ENJOY!!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

lewood|1340908463|3225275 said:
:love: :love: :love:
Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!!!!!!! I just love your set. I also think your wedding band is perfect- I wouldn't get a thicker one, especially if you want to add an anniversary band!

Thank you so much Lewood! Honestly, if I get a diamond anniversary band(s) I probabyl won't wear my plain band with the solitaire AND diamond bands. The plain band would get worn by itself or with the solitaire. :)) Thank you for the kind words!!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1340908697|3225276 said:
Looking great! Congrats on the weight loss too - I'm envious/inspired?! Your wedding band is PERFECT w/the ering. I wouldn't want it a hair more narrow or wider. AT ALL. ENJOY!!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Aw, thanks Deco! I'm not gonna lie- when I saw that you had replied I thought "Oh no, I'm about to get a dose of RealityDeco!" and a good "talking to" about my changing my rings ;)) but then I saw your sweet post, which means a lot to me! Thank you so much for the congrats on the weight loss. I have 5 more pounds to lose and these are proving to be the hardest! I couldn't have done it without myfitnesspal.com and just plain old exercise. If I can lose weight, anyone can. :)) Thank you again for the sweet post! :twirl:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

I think your set is PERFECT as is!! The diamond size looks great on you and I would stick with your current band. Congrats on the weight loss :appl:

(Love your nail polish, btw!)

justginger

Ideal_Rock

That set is so classically beautiful, I wouldn't change a thing. Pop an eternity band along with it and it will all mesh seamlessly.

A big congratulations on your weight loss - very well done! I bet it's nice to have a smaller ring size now too, you've gotten the visual impact of a bigger diamond without changing a thing. :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Big congrats on the weight loss, I am on the same journey and its long and hard so GOOD FOR YOU!!

And your set looks just perfect as it is. Really. I 100% like this set the best of all the ones you have had!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Looks perfect! Congrats on the weight loss. Probably the best/healthiest way to "upgrade" the diamond "size," for those of us who have this wiggle room to start with ::)

hksnoopy

Rough_Rock

It looks gorgeous!! I love it! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Girl your ring looks amazing! I'm jealous. :cheeky: My .98 doesn't look anywhere near that big on me. I think your set is perfect! A 7 stone diamond band would be fun for special occasions too. Maybe 10 pointers?

Congrats on the weight loss!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock

I think that your set looks perfect! Very timeless and classic! :love: I can totally understand wanting the anniversary bands though and I think it will be a fantastic way to switch up your set! Congrats on the weight loss! That's an amazing accomplishment! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

it looks perfect on you!!! congrats on the weightloss. :)

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It looks so new and shiny! I think the band is just perfect with your e-ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I love your weight loss goal/story! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:
Beautiful hands!!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks beautiful and just perfect!! :love: Lovely hands too!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

HUGE CONGRATS on the weight loss!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: That was a great accomplishment :appl:
And your set is gorgeous...Very classic and elegant :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Your set looks fab and your stone looks huge on your svelte finger! :love: I would also keep it as is but get a seven stone anniversary band.

Thinks for including the myfitnesspal link. I already surfed over there to check it out and am signing up. I haved gained 40lbs in the last 4 years between opening & running my retail store and getting lyphedema in my legs :nono: I used to hit the gym 4-5 times a week but now with no time and my physical limitations I completely stopped going :(sad

I have been lurking here & posting a bit for the year seeking/obsessing about an upgrade for my 15 yr anniversary and have put off making any decision on buying a ring because I want to lose weight first so I won't have to deal with resizing. I dream of VC or SK settings so really want to wait until I reach my weight loss goal.

I just want to say you have inspired me Feb03! Congratulations to you on one heck of a great accomplishment! :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Classic and beautiful!!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your weight loss! 50lbs is a great achievement! :appl: I'm on the weight loss journey too so I am inspired by your success.

As for your rings... they look beautiful!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

I think your set is totally perfect as it is and your hands are gorgeous! Congrats on the weight loss!

sushi

Shiny_Rock

You have such beautiful hands, congratulations on the weight loss! The rings look beautiful!

xoxo sushi

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations on your weight loss! I am going through quite a weight loss journey and it is nice to hear a success story. 8)

Your diamond looks amazing and huge! I love your set, it is so classic and let's the diamond shine.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful, clean and elegant! Congrats on the weight loss; that's an impressive accomplishment! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring looks amazing on your beautiful hand!! I love your set as is but I think getting a diamond band (or 2) for your 10th anniversary can give you more choices depending on your mood.
Congratulations on your weight loss and your "new" outlook on your ER!!!! Classic and lovely! :love:

CatrinaKitty

Rough_Rock

Your rings look gorgeous!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I TOTALLY agree!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love a classic solitaire e-ring, and your set looks so elegant on your long, lean, lovely fingers! Congratulations on your weight loss!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results