shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabriel & Co Settings with "Nonchangeable" Heads?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm a little slow but when the Gabriel & Co info says the head is "nonchangeable" does that mean it is only available in one size and shape? I'm looking at several different settings on their site for a round colored stone that I have. And many of them say that they have a nonchangeable head and the size is listed. For example, this one is for a round 6.5 mm stone:
http://www.gabrielny.com/engaged/style/ER7293W44JJ

However, I see this very same ring on another website and at the bottom of the page it says "*Fits 0.50 ct. - 3.00 ct. Round Center Stone (Customizable)":
http://www.goldiesjewelry.com/engagement-rings/14k-white-gold-vintage-halo-engagement-ring-er7293w44jj.html

My stone is smaller than the listed mm's for all of the settings I like from them so I'm wondering if I need to just start over somewhere else or if any of the settings I'm looking at are customizable.

I sent an email to Gabriel & Co to request clarification but I have not yet received a response. Just curious if any of you could provide some info regarding this. Thanks in advance!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
I have this straight from the horses mouth (my contact at Gabriel): they will customize ANY piece, just work with one of their authorized jewelers and they will be able to facilitate the change. The prefer that you have the stone picked and know the ring size so that they can make the setting to sit your finger and stone. I am not sure why it is saying the head is not interchangeable. Perhaps they are relying on their retailers' bench to help with customization.

What retailer are you working with for your stone??

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
That's great news, thanks mandasand!

I haven't contacting anyone yet regarding the setting. The stone I have is a 5.7mm round tsavorite from Vance Gems (Intergem show) and I was thinking of contacting IDJ for the setting. Or do you have any recommendations for other vendors that sell Gabriel & Co settings? I think I read on here that IDJ gives a discount on the listed price of the setting. I know GOG sells them too but I'm assuming their costs might be higher? I definitely plan to check out all of my options before going through with the purchase.

I am deciding whether or not to use my current stone or hold out for a slightly bigger tsavorite so I'll probably wait to contact anyone about the setting until I have that part figured out...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results