shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay from my pictures you know what we did today. I had 3 interviews this afternoon and got done with them in time to make it to where Marty sat up with 5 minutes to spare. It is horribly windy today but Marty found a spot at the local visitor's center that was a little shelter with a picnic table. We sat in there out of the wind and watched for about 90 minutes before we got clouded out. We went over to a nearby Denny's to eat supper. We both had breakfast. Then we came home and had a few breaks in the clouds so we watched the transit a little more. Fun!!!

I sure got in a lot of walking and standing today. We'll see how my foot reacts later. Wish me luck!

Marcy

TransitStartingRabbit.JPG

transit.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. The weekend is winding down. Darn it anyway. :nono:

So let's see what have I done since Wednesday? I have been running errands for my parents and watering for them. Marty has been playing golf so I go meet him for a glass of wine when he is done. He took another lesson and had a good golf game yesterday but since he didn't offer up his score today maybe it wasn't as good as yesterday.

I had 15% off at Kohls so I went shopping. I went a little crazy but got some summer clothes. Then I hit Target and got cleaning, house stuff which added up quickly. I also picked up a few groceries for the weekend. Marty is out of town this week so I made a big batch of pasta today so I will have lots of leftovers for lunch this week.

I've also been working on a program about comets and meteor showers. It is so fun and easy now with the info online. Yay for search engines. :bigsmile:

I walked quite a bit yesterday (Kohls, Target, Mall, grocery store plus parents chores) and my foot got sore but I never had to take any pain pills. It is still a little tender today but not horrid. Maybe I will try getting in a walk one night this week and see how it does.

I hope you had a great weekend.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

Marcy-cool pics. I'm glad you got to see it. I'm glad to hear your foot is doing a little better. I had an accident last week and immediately thought of you-my equal in klutziness. I dropped my curling iron on my hand and have a pretty deep burn. My curling iron heats up to 400 degrees so it sizzled right through the skin. I really hate burns. We went to Kohl's this weekend too, but I only bought a few t-shirts. I'm in desperate need for some work clothes, but I don't feel like shopping.

I have been painting every night after work and decided to take today off. We have decided to hire a painter to do the 2-story foyer and the tray ceiling in our bedroom. We're going to try to do the rest, although it's wearing me out! The guy in the Home Depot paint department and I are getting to be good buddies. Our landscapers came on Friday and everything looks awesome. We went today to get flowers for the porch pots and other planters sitting around. We bought new cusions for the outside furniture. We went grocery shopping and had the entire cargo area and back seat completely full with flowers, groceries and cusions, and then we remembered that our shutters were in. We'll have to get those next weekend. We can't put them up anyway until the front door gets installed because they clash with the color of the current door. I did well with food last week but ate way too much Friday and today. I didn't walk last week, but does painting count as exercise? It was a lot of cleaning, climbing, and squatting! Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, OUCH to burning your hand with your curling iron. Did is blister? Sounds like it would. To be honest I don't use a curling iron because the few times I tried to use one I burned my hand and head but just slightly. I am safer with perms and hot curlers. Your house will look like new once you get all the painting, upgrades and flowers done. Sweet. Yes, I would say all the work you are doing on your house counts as exercise. I am starting to think we are taking turns at pain or klutziness. Get out the bubble wrap for both of us. :bigsmile:

We have a major fire about 40 miles from here. It spread to over 20,000 acres by tonight and is 0% contained. The smoke is sure bad here. I might look in to getting a mask to wear when I'm outside. Marty said they were getting ash on them while they were playing golf today.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thought about going to the pool today---but the weather was so fine that I ran outside and got my bike out as well. Don't know the mileage but maybe 15K? Gosh I've missed my bike!!!!

Spent the rest of the afternoon weeding. What a chore that is :rolleyes: ! Smashed my finger in the door to boot--so now it is a lovely shade of purple; think I need a glass of wine to match it!

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, sorry to hear you smashed your finger. That sounds painful. I did laugh that you thought you should have a glass of wine to match that lovely shade of purple. Good idea! :bigsmile: I hope it feels a lot better tomorrow. That is great you got in a nice, long bike ride today.

Marty took off for a business trip this morning. I got up so early I had time to water my parent's flowers before work today. My dad said he thought he'd be able to take over next week. He'll be good to go for a few months until they work on his knee. It is good to see he is getting along so well. I ran out to Kohl's and Kmart again at lunch today. I have some Kohl's cash to spend so I was looking for a different toaster. Our 2 slice toaster takes really wide things but not long so I want something that does both. Kohl's had one that would work but they only had the display model in the store.

I had leftover pasta for lunch and a piece of leftover pizza for supper.

I had a blocked phone call on my cell last night that woke me up and then I had trouble going back to sleep. Marty didn't even hear it. Some guy said "so how are you doing?" I just hung up. I am NOT answering anymore blocked calls now. Grr. Needless to say I am sleepy!

Well, take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello!

Marcy-yes, my burn did blister. It is really yucky right now with exposed tender skin, so I'm trying to keep it covered. It is almost 2 inches long by 1 inch wide and it still hurts. Matt wanted to take me for medical attention when I first did it, but I've burned myself many times in my lifetime and thought medical attention sounded silly. I probably should have taken him up on it. The funny thing is that I have my hair straightened, but then it is too straight so I curl it! I'm going to let it be straight for a while now though. Getting a call in the middle of the night really stinks. It seems like it takes forever for your heart to stop pounding. I read about the fires. I hope they get it under control soon.

Sharon-I've been trying to think what alcohol I could have to match my burn. I'm thinking a nice amber ale.

I was really tired all day at work. I feel like my brain has been foggy all day. I came home and took a nap and am getting ready to go back to bed. I took the evening off from prepping walls and painting. Matt and I have a joke that it's going to take us 5 years to get the house painted at the rate we're going. It's hard to get things done in the evenings and on weekends. I made spaghetti and salad for dinner, so I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. It's raining pretty hard, so no walk. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your burn sounds really bad. Keep an eye on it and take it easy. No dishes! I bet taking a shower is hard too. Since you and Sharon hurt your hands I think I'll stay away from knives this week. I hope you get a good nights sleep. Spaghetti sounds good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

We are quite a pair, Deegee! My finger doesn't look bad today at all, but my head is a little worse for wear given the wine I drank! hahaha

So too are my legs--but I did another bike marathon today anyway....went to visit a friend and the HILLS almost killed me....whoa. I'll relax in the sun for a while, then get groceries....

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee and Sharon, how are you fingers / hands? I hope they are doing better today!

I slept pretty well - just woke up a few times but then managed to fall back asleep and was almost late to work. Rats. I think I had about a minute to spare.

I stopped by to water my parents flowers on the way home from work and ended up running out to buy us all tacos for supper. They were going to have strawberry pie for dessert but I came home and had a weight watchers frozen chocolate bar.

Marty and I chatted on FaceTime for a while but he had to go do some work. Another new and big project for him.

I have been checking out the new Verizon plans and it might actually save us about $20 to $30 a month depending on how many gigs we pick for our data. Since Marty works at home he basically uses our wireless instead of the Verizon 3G. He also pays $20 a month for a hot spot and we'd both get one included in the new plan for free. My mom's basic phone goes up from 9.99 to $30 but we would be saving quite a bit on our plans. We also share 700 minutes between the 3 phones and Marty and I both have unlimited text. The new plan has unlimited voice and text. It appears the cheap plans are gone for upgrades or new phones. Interesting.

Sharon, LOL at your head a little worse for the wear today. You bike ride sounds like a great workout.

Off to work on my presentation on comets.

Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you're right...taking a shower hurts. I usually take my shower on the hottest possible setting (feels good on my back), but I've had to turn the temp way down. Sunshine and any kind of heat hurts too. I've been so careful with it, and the darn thing split open on me last night and bled a bunch. Argh! Is your foot still doing better? I'm glad to hear your dad thinks he can take over flower duty next week. Matt has been working on some big projects. I think his mind is always on work, even at home in the evenings. He wakes up in the middle of the night thinking about it. Is Marty like that?

Sharon-I didn't indulge in my amber ale, so my head is fine today!

I have been slacking and didn't paint again last night. I felt a migraine coming on so I had to tend to that. I made tacos and rice for dinner. Matt didn't get home until nearly 8, so I ended up eating without him. A coworker brought in awesome banana split cupcakes (she has a side business) and I have managed to avoid them. They're sooo good. Have a great evening!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I got a lot done this evening. I'm proud of myself! I'm trying to get out of my do nothing in the evening funk. I planted some of the flowers I bought Sunday, and did 2 loads of laundry. We walked 2 miles, which I haven't been able to do in several weeks. I made ham, broccoli and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I had a bunch of points left over, so I thoroughly enjoyed a bourbon beer this evening. That's some good stuff! I hope to get back on track with prepping walls and painting tomorrow. A 2nd layer of my burn is blistering now, and it is itching like crazy. Itching is better than burning, right? I'm off to iron something to wear tomorrow and then maybe have another bourbon beer before bed. Fingers crossed that don't burn myself again. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, your burn sounds really, really bad. Poor thing. Yes, Marty is like Matt on work. It sounds like Marty had a really rough day on his latest project, he stayed up late working on it tonight and texted me awhile ago he was going to bed. His flight leaves about 4 tomorrow so hopefully he can get things done before he leaves for the airport. I am glad you got a lot done tonight including a nice long walk. That is wonderful. Your bourbon beer sounds great. I was ready for alcohol when I left work today but just had OJ instead pretending like it had vodka in it. Ha Ha. My foot continues to improve, thanks.

My sister was visiting my parents when I stopped by after work to visit and water. She came outside to help me water. I wasn’t too hungry for supper so I had a grilled cheese and a ww frozen chocolate bar. I worked on my program some more and made sure I can hook up my laptop to the projector.

My mom got a call from her doctor today saying her cardiogram showed 3 of her 4 heart valves are leaking. They are making her an appointment with cardiologist. They also told her that her pulmonary hypertension was worse. Poor thing.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness today is Friday! We stopped to eat at a home cooking restaurant on the way home this evening. I had a grilled chicken salad and a piece of carrot cake. I've been good all week, so the carrot cake was a treat. We prepped walls this evening and plan to get a lot of painting done tomorrow. We will be heading for KY on Sunday for Father's Day, so we need to accomplish a lot tomorrow. Matt helped me finish planting the rest of my flowers. I cant wait to get the new front door installed and the shutters put up. I'm so excited! My burn is a whole lot better today. I think it has finally finished blistering and peeling, but I still have a place that is kind of deep and it bleeds if I bump it. It is getting better overall, so I'm happy.

Marcy-I'm glad to hear your foot is improving. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's leaky heart valves. My mom has that too, but I don't know how many leak or what meds she takes for it. I hope Marty made it home and you guys enjoy a nice weekend. Matt isn't sure when his next trip will be, but it will definitely be before the end of June. Do you play DrawSomething? I was playing a bunch of people back the other night before I went to bed at around 1am. I played my mom back, and almost immediately got a text message from her telling me to go to bed. I'm still getting in trouble! I thought it was funny that I got a text message from my 74 yr old mom (who never sent a text message in her life until I bought her the ipad) at 1am. I'm so glad she really likes her iPad.

Have a wonderful weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, too funny your mom texted you and told you to go to bed. I am glad she enjoys her iPad. I have not played that game, I will look for it. I play words with friends. That is great your burn is doing better. It sounds like it was a really bad one. Have fun in KY for Father's Day. I hope Matt's trip goes better than Marty's. He got upgraded then when he showed up at the airport that flight was cancelled. They couldn't get him home until today so then they found him a seat on another airline but it was the tiny little cramped seat by the bathroom. His plane had to be diverted around some thunderstorms then since they were 30 minutes late their gate was taken so they sat on the runway for an open gate. He got home about 7:30. Your house is really coming along. Sweet.

We had our astronomy meeting last night. My program on comets went well. Marty kept texting me while I was talking so I finally just said do what you want I am talking. LOL. He showed up about 30 minutes later. We went and got him supper after the meeting was done. This morning I slept in a little bit, went to spend my $40 Kohl's cash then picked up a few things for my mom. I met Marty and his golf buddy for a drink and lunch. Marty and I split a sandwich. We are taking my in-laws to supper in a while for Father's Day then we are taking my parents out tomorrow.

I have thick hair which as been driving me crazy so I ran out to Penney's and asked if they had someone who could cut my hair. I got about 3 inches cut off. It is rather short compared to before but nice for summer heat. It feels a lot better.

Our solar telescope saw "first light" today. There is a big prominence on the limb we watched and we could see some sunspots. Very cool!

Maybe after supper we can go walk around Sam's Club. We haven't done that for quite a while.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Had a mega run today--needed to get the cobwebs out. Have been hanging around the house tending to my son who had his wisdom teeth out on Thur. He is fine, but I felt shut in!!!

No big Father's Day plans--I think I'll get take out Pho--something we can all eat!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I hope your son is doing better. Yay for going for a nice run today.

I left BBQ ribs cooking in the crock pot today. We had raw veggies and corn o. The cob to go with them. It seemed like a lot of dishes but it was good for a change.

My dad was going to start watering their flowers today so I stayed at work during lunch and finished a book I was reading. It seems strange not going by to see them today but I think it is good to see how they do. I will call them later.

Marty is watching boring DIY house projects. It is putting me to sleep.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. :wavey:

Work was busy today. I started designing a little booklet for our team and had fits with MS Publisher for awhile trying to get it to print right but finally got it figured out. I am getting too used to Mac software. We have a new employee starting on July 2 so we are trying to come up with some handy reference material for him and will honestly be nice for all of us. We are moving offices in about 6 to 8 weeks and while we all get our own desks we will lose a lot of bulletin board space. I bought a notebook to use as a reference but this little brochure will take up a lot less space.

I had a sandwich for lunch and a burger for supper. Marty was at the golf course social club with a buddy so I met them for a drink before we ate.

The smoke is pretty bad here again today. I can smell it pretty bad right now. It is getting my allergy's attention. They say the fire is 55% contained but it is still pretty big. We saw ash falling when we were out earlier.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great day. I went to lunch late so I picked up tacos and brought them home to have lunch with Marty. He played golf tonight some made Mac and cheese and had a little of it. He went out to try a new Cajun restaurant some can have his Kraft dinner for lunch tomorrow.

I got hungry a few minutes ago so I had some dry roasted almonds.

I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Me

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope you had a great day. I went out for my weekly luncheon with a girl friend. I needed the break from work. And tomorrow is finally Friday! Yippee!!!

I got in some nice walks today running errands at work. It felt good. My foot is still tender but did okay.

My dad called me this morning all excited because they are getting an electric chair on their stairs to the basement. Now I just need to worry about my mom not falling try to get on it or off of it. I imagine they are pretty sturdy and safe. Hopefully they will get it put in soon.

I guess we are going to run around and look at houses this weekend. Marty still wants something different for his office.

Have a great day!
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope you had a great weekend! We had temps in the 90's and lots of smoke so it was a miserable time to be outdoors. So what did we do? Traipsed around town looking at houses. We'd get back in the car and crank on the AC. It was fun and I think all that walking counted for my weekend walks. It is really smoky here because the big Hide Park fire is about 35 - 40 miles SW of here and I guess there are 6 other fires going in Colorado now. That is so awful.

We found a few models / homes we liked but need to see about what we could get for our house and then go from there. One of my favorite floor plans had an laundry room that went either straight in to the master bath or out in the hallway towards the other bedrooms and guest bath. I prefer a new home over a used home because of my allergies to cats and dogs. I worry about having an asthma attack if we bought somewhere that had pets in it for a long time. It also seems like houses don't depreciate because even if they are used because they sell for the same price as a new house so why not go with a new home? We've been in our home (1100 sq. ft with unfinished basement) about 17 years. Marty would have to tweak / fix some windows, paint, do lots and lots of cleaning and throwing things out, paint the deck and put back the privacy fence. I think that would get it ready for the market but I don't know for sure. If we went custom instead of going with houses almost ready or ready in a few months we'd be looking at December at the earliest. It would sure be nice to have enough room for the family Christmas. We definitely want to pay the extra to get the basement finished. Marty really wants to have an office in the basement so he'll feel like he is "going" to work. He wants a walkout basement too. The places we like have 9 ft. ceilings so he appreciated that since he is tall. One plan we didn't see has a breakfast nook. I like the kitchens that have islands. We likes plans from 1550 to 2100 sq. feet. We went in one house that was 2800 sq ft. on the main floor and it was huge. They had a sun room. I would love that in the winter. The floor in that house was wood and they must have a dog with toenails because every inch of that wooden floor was badly scratched. They had shined it up but I think that made the scratches more obvious.

Some of those places we would need more furniture. We will see what we decide. I know Marty wants to move.

Food was pretty bad this weekend because we kept eating out. Friday night I had leftovers since Marty was playing golf. I started laundry and about 6:15 Marty texted me to come meet them af the club for a drink. I showed up and he and his golf buddy were no where in sight. I found Marty's folks in the cafe though so had a drink with them and their friends. Marty finally texted me back saying they found some open holes with no one in front of them so they decided to play some more. Marty's parents kept me company until Marty showed up. Marty and his buddy had a drink (I'd been nursing my giant glass of wine this whole time) and they bought me another one so we visited for about an hour. We were getting ready to leave then two of Marty's former employees showed up and so we visited with them and their wives until about 11. Saturday I went to SaM's club when I got up and bought tons of paper stuff and some produce. I had just got my produce washed when Marty called me to come out for lunch. We had a sandwich then went out looking at houses. We had snacks for supper. I managed to get a few more batches of laundry done. We rented the new Sherlock Holmes movie last night. This morning I once again made a valiant effort to work on laundry but my dad wanted me to go pick up some things for him at the store so I got their stuff and our groceries and before I knew it Marty was done with golf and we were out running around again. We came home about 4 forgetting till we got here that Marty's truck was still at the golf club. We went out about 5:30 and ate supper at Olive Garden then picked up his truck. I had low fat salad, 1 bread stick and 1 lasagna roll. I just took care of my last batch of laundry - it only took me 3 1/2 days to get my laundry done.

Tomorrow is back to work day.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-I'm excited for you & Marty to be looking at houses! We have decided to wait until we get our house mostly ready to sell before we look. There are a few things we're not going to replace and will just have to give an allowance off the price (the roof and possibly the deck). Our house is 15 years old, and we've lived here for 14 years next month. A walkout basement would be great, and I'm sure Marty would feel like he's going to work if he had one. Our house has 2200 sq ft, which is too big for us but great when family visits. Matt & I end up using 2 rooms-the master bedroom and the man cave, which is the big room over the garage. I'm with you on needing to throw things out. We're using painting and getting new carpet for our reason to clean and get rid of stuff. We keep dragging stuff to get rid of to the office, so that room is completely trashed right now. I hope your parents are still doing ok!

My parents came to visit this weekend, so we got no painting done. My poor dad can barely walk. The dr told him at least 2 years ago that he needed knee replacement, but he keeps putting it off. He was in pretty bad pain this weekend though. Marcy-is your dad having knee replacement surgery? We had a nice visit and they left this afternoon. Matt and I finally remembered to pick up our shutters from Lowe's and went to Home Depot for more painting supplies. I prepped the family room this evening and hope to get it painted tomorrow after work. Once we get our bedroom painted, we'll be ready to pick out carpet for upstairs. Yay! Our front door still hasn't come in, so we can't put up our shutters. The new shutters are red and the old front door is green. People will think I'm going with some weird Christmas theme if we hang the shutters now! I had a pasta meal for dinner, and we walked 2 miles this evening. I'm slowly getting back with it. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

Deegee, that is great to hear you are getting back to your walks. Sweet. I am sure your house will look great when you get all of your remodeling done. Red and green would be great for a Christmas house. LOL. I am glad you guys enjoyed a nice weekend with your parents. Sorry to hear your dads knees are so bad. My parents are doing pretty good. They have my dad walking with a cane around the house. He is going up and down stairs with it, he drove to Denver and back Sunday, and he is watering the grass and thier flowers. He is getting better all the time. Yes, they said they would be replacing his knee after his hip gets better. I am sure that will be a quicker recovery time for him. He is a trooper. My mom is about the same. She thinks she wants to get her knees replaced but it is her muscles so I doubt it would help her. I hope a doctor would not agree to do it. Poor thing.

We have been chasing around looking at lots and houses. We get more confused every day. I have seen so many houses and lots by now they all blend together.

We made BLTs for supper. I cooked the bacon on my broiler pan so it would drain while cooking and I cooked it with convection. It made the bacon pretty crispy. I bought the center cut so a few pieces of it wasn't that bad.

The smoke is really bad tonight. They have 2 big fires in Colorado now. It is so awful for them.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Whew! It's hot outside. I went out with Lily a little bit ago and had to come straight back in. She didn't stay out long either. You cam always find a cat on top of an air vent. Poor little guys. We got the family room painted last night and I'm starting to think I want a darker color for the foyer since it is 2-story and has a ton of natural light. I bought a golden-beige tone for the rooms that I really like, but it doesn't show up much in the foyer. We have to hire that done anyway, so I have time to think about it. I hair appointment the other night and had 4 inches cut off the length and lots of layers put in. It feels so light! I had it trimmed not long ago, but my hair grows insanely fast and it is very heavy. It is right at my shoulders, which is where I tend to like it best. Food has been okay this week. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I had a big salad for dinner. Matt had made himself a turkey blt, so I shagged a few pieces for my salad. I have only had watermelon today because I have a migraine, but will have to find something to eat later. Migraines tend to make me queasy.

Marcy-I'm glad to hear your dad is getting along so well. I wish my dad would realize that his knee won't get better and he's giving up doing a lot of the things he likes to do. You're right that a replacement probably wouldn't help your mom. If her problem is with the muscles, seems like a replacement would make it worse. Good luck with your house hunt. There are 2 houses for sale right now that I'm really interested in - a gorgeous 1-story and a 2-story with a first floor master. I'm sure they will be gone long before we are ready to seriously shop! I'm excited for you!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, we've had the bad heat here too. It is like August weather already. The golden beige sounds likes pretty color. I like a little color better than white or off white. I hope your migraine goes away soon. Your dad will probably wish he had his knees replaced sooner once he gets them done. I have heard that from so many people.

I have tomorrow off. It is our 21st anniversary but iamtking the day off primarily to get some house shopping errands done, started, completed or something like that. We decided a good place to start is see what price range we can look for when shopping. We still need to find out what our house would sell for and on and on it goes. Marty will be gone for 2 weeks so I want to get a lot of that done before he heads off on his big adventures. He has to get a ton of shots tomorrow. Fun for traveling overseas, eh?

We had a burger burn at work today. We had burgers, chips, fruit cups and cookies. Marty made tacos for supper while I rounded up our paperwork for tomorrow. I did a batch of laundry tonight. That should help with weekend chores.

Take care!
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG-after 3 days we have power. We have water, cell phone service, landline service, Internet, and my town has gasoline for now. Many of my friends and coworkers are still without. There is fuel shortage, so people can't get anywhere for food, supplies or even to a shelter or cooling station. My sis in KY still has no power, and my parents have power as of late last night. Power lines and trees are down everywhere. 2 of my employees are stranded due to lack of gasoline, and 1 is trapped at home by downed trees. It is absolutely crazy here. I have this overwhelming need to flee. It has been 100+ everyday except today when it only got up to 99. The power restoration estimates are crazy...by July 8 for a lot of people. If ours hadn't come back on today, we had planned to pack up the animals and leave. Our AC unit was on its last leg, so it hasn't started cooling the house yet but at least we have ceiling fans. I'm so exhausted-I'm going to take a nap. It seems like the national news reports I have read skim over what is going on here. Please keep the hundreds of thousands of people here who are suffering in this heat with no air, water, food, ice, gas...etc., in your thoughts. This is day 4 and there are still nearly 500,000 people here without power. We had another storm last night that did more damage and knocked more power out. 53 out of 55 counties statewide have damage and loss of electricity. Marcy-I know they're still having the horrible fires in CO. I feel so bad for those folks too. We may be miserable here and there's lots of storm damage, but the pictures of the fires and loss there are incredible. This sure has been a lousy summer so far.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, you and everyone dealing with the hardships from the storm are in my thoughts. It sounds absolutely awful! I am glad you've got power back but it sounds like a lot of people are still without. I read some of the stories this weekend. The fires out here are awful. There are about 8 going in Colorado, 6 going in Wyoming and 12 going in Montana. Utah has about 10 going. The smoke is really bad here tonight, I ran down to Kinkos and it's like driving through fog. The latest big fire that started is very near where we host our summer star party. Before it started we were thinking of canceling this year anyway. The forest service sent us a letter about the extreme fire danger and added more (but certainly understandable) restrictions. One thing that caught my eye was the permit holder could be fined $10,000 if any of their restrictions are violated. 2 that screamed out at me were people only smoking in their car or RV and absolutely no open fires. Every year we have to chase people down and get after them for that so I know we'd have problems with that. It has been a bad summer for so many people. The homes that burned in Colorado Springs is so awful.

We spent the weekend running around looking at lots, houses, floor plans, etc. So many decisions to make.

Work was rather slow today. I had a new employee start but I have my team leader train people so that didn't really make my day busy.

I ran a project down to Kinkos tonight. I came home and told Marty too bad I didn't have dinner with me because I could have had a dinner and a show. When I walked in the door this angry lady grabbed 2 big prints (20 x 24 inches) off the counter and tried to walk out without paying. She was cussing, mumbling and trying to get out the door. The lady waiting on her said she had to pay for those that she couldn't just walk out with them. So she comes back continuing to cuss her out and call her names. She asks how much they cost so the girl tells her $2.86 so she pays her $2.86 but of course they fee was each so another outburst comes out of her mouth. All of this in front of her 2 to 3 year old daughter. She finally throws one of them back at the girl and says I only want one then so she pays the $2.86 and leaves loudly with profanities and comments flying over her shoulder. I'm like, WOW. You don't see that everyday. Thank goodness to that!

Well, for once I have absolutely nothing to do tonight and Marty is watching DIY for the billionth time so I think I'll read.

Laters,
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry for all the weather and disaster issues you folks are dealing with. Stay strong!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Sharon! I feel so bad for those people who have lost their homes and I truly appreciate all those brave people out there fighting these fires.

I hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Marty played golf so I had my morning free. I met my dad and his buddies for their morning coffee break. I stopped by their house and programmed in an address for them in their GPS. Then I headed out to the office of the housing area we are thinking of having a house built in but they were closed today. I wandered around looking at lots. Then I met Marty for lunch at the golf course. I had a massive blonde moment. I had turned off my bluetooth on my phone this weekend since Marty was driving most of the time so I wasn't connected to my car's radio. I was trying to keep my place in a notebook between available lots and finding them on a map so I finally marked the page I was turning to with my phone. I spent about 30 minutes looking at lots then headed to the golf course. Once i got there i wandered inside and couldn't find my phone. Since Marty and his golf buddies weren't in there yet and I am always on call I decided I'd best come home and get my phone. I couldn't find it so I called it. Nothing. So I took the phone out to the car and called my cell and heard it ringing. D'oh! I had put it in the notebook to mark my page. I am such a blond sometimes. So I head back to the course and Marty is texting me asking me where I am. After we get done with lunch there we came home and worked on a few lists for the house wish list. We had an appointment to see one of the floor plans we like at 5 so we went back to look at lots. We will probably get the house project going this week. We like the plan we saw today and picked out a lot we like. How exciting. Tonight a friend called and asked if we wanted to meeting them at the golf club for a drink so back we went. We visited with them for awhile, walked outside and enjoyed the fireworks in the city park then came home. It was a fun day1

Well, take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had some rain here today. :appl: I hope it rained where the fires are too.

Hi. I hope everyone had a great day. It was like a Monday after having Wednesday off and tomorrow is Friday already!!!

I had peaches for breakfast then some cheerios. Lunch was a taco and supper was some pasta with lite alfredo, corn on the cob and a roll.

Take care!
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results