shape
carat
color
clarity

1.6 ct OMC from OWD in RG by LM

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Hi All! I purchased this 1.6 ct OMC from Adam (who was just a pleasure to work with btw, I can't recommend him highly enough) and had Leon set it for me in his Princessa solitaire in 18K Rose Gold (I also thought Leon was very friendly and extremely helpful.) The diamond is not certified, Adam chose it from among his many many antique diamonds because he thought I would like the cut- and he was absolutely right! I considered sending it off to EGL to have it certified but got impatient to wear it and decided to set it instead. I'm sorry I don't have much more specs on the stone or ring except to say that the stone is deliciously warm- so warm, in fact, that Leon suggested I could have the girdle polished and set it in a white diamond halo to make it yellow! I am so very happy with how it turned out. I tried to take decent pictures with my camera but I don't think they're much better than my cell phone shots- I think my toddler has poked the lens of my camera just a few times too many! :lol:

Thanks for looking!

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5164.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

IMG_5166.JPG

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!! The color of the rose gold looks so good with your skin tone! Are you planning on wearing a wedding band with it?

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
And a few more...

IMG_5169.JPG

IMG_5170.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Mrs.M! I do intend to wear a wedding band with it but haven't given it much thought yet. I am open to any and all suggestions! :D (edited for grammar :oops: )

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Aww I just love the simplicity of the setting and stunning cut/colour of the stone, Ive ordered a warm cushion too, cant wait to get it. I love the Rose gold on you too, suits you very well...

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is perfection! :appl: :appl: :appl:

The rose gold compliments the OMC perfectly! :love:

sixbillionstars

Rough_Rock
I love everything about this- double claw prongs, rose gold, OMC-especially love its shape!!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
sixbillionstars|1340046375|3218816 said:
I love everything about this- double claw prongs, rose gold, OMC-especially love its shape!!

Exactly what I was going to say! :appl: It's stunning!!!! :love:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your kind words! Though I have spent several years on this site (primarily as a lurker,) I know embarrassingly little about diamonds. All the credit goes to the wonderful vendors I worked with, and above all to Pricescope for helping me find them!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, beautiful, Stunning! I love the rose gold and those double claw prongs are enough to make me sing opera! :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! It looks so big on your hand! :love: :love: :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
This is a really beautiful ring and it's lovely to see in rose gold. I received a cushion from Adam not long ago and had it set exactly the same (only Adam's bench did it, not Leon)...and I debated long and hard as to which metal to use, rose gold or platinum. I ultimately went with platinum which I do love - the rose gold looks AMAZING on you though! I wish I could have one of each color and just pop the stone in and out of them as I pleased. :twirl:

Wear it with great happiness, it is an absolutely gorgeous piece!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drool! That is gorgeous!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it looks great! beautiful ring! :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! I agree with what someone else said, the rose gold looks amazing with your skin!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a BEE YOU tiful stone, Ksmom!!! I love how the rose gold just 'glows' on your hand - it looks amazing on you - you were meant for RG!! :bigsmile:

What a perfect setting, too. Clean lines, classic, looks so elegant - congratulations on your GORGEOUS OMC!!!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is lovely! It looks gorgeous on your beautiful hands! The beauty of that setting is that you can wear so many different kinds of bands with it!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
My all time favorite solitaire setting for a cushion! It's perfect and it looks stunning on you!

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

I am curious, did Adam tell you the stone is a true antique? It looks so much like some of the modern antique style stones that are being cut, for Leon and ERD and others!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY!!!!!!!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! I love it!! :love:
Wear in health and happiness!!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
:love: :appl: I love, love, LOVE this setting! It is really one of my all time fave's here at PS. There's something so gorgeous about an OMC in a solitaire. The rose gold is absolutely perfect with your skin color--so beauuuutiful! And the stone is breath taking! :love: :appl:

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all so much for your compliments! Neither my husband nor my 2-year-old understand my excitement over this ring. <sigh> men. ;-) And my diamond hobby is not something I really share with my gal pals. I'm SO grateful for this community!

novicediamond- thank you! Congrats on your own purchase, and I can't wait to see it! I hope you don't have to wait long.

armywife- I also love the OMC + rose gold combo, especially with the warmth of the stone. =) I cannot WAIT to see your OEC! :love:

sixbillionstars and junerose - I really love the shape of the diamond also; Adam had shown me a few much larger OMCs (2-4 caraters) and I love that this one, shapewise, is a miniature version of a 4ct one that he had shown me.

SarahBear- Thank you! and lol about the singing opera... I swore I could hear angels singing when I opened the box and saw the ring for the first time :lol:

Snicklefritz- Thank you! I was also surprised by the hand presence. I had prepared myself for the stone to be more inconspicuous because I had asked for it to be set as low as possible, but I'm happy to see that I might have overestimated the effect of a stone being low set.

justginger- thank you so much for your compliment, I don't know how you manage to take your eyes off your AMAZING ring to look at any others on here! And I SO feel you on the desire to have multiple settings to 'pop' the stone in and out of.

Laila619, thanks you! I love your avatar and drool whenever I see that gorgeous ring of yours.

minmin, thank you! How is the job hunt going?

Amys Bling, thank you! And an aside, thank you for maintaining those threads with collections of a similar style. I love me some good diamond ****!

SC86 and Enerchi, thank you for your compliments about the gold and my skin! I'm incredibly flattered by that comment because I hate my skin, it is so ashy all the time (a function of constantly washing my hands after cleaning up my toddler's messes!)

Yenny, I feel like I'm meeting a celebrity. Your ring is what got me into old cuts in the first place- it is simply divine, and I never EVER use that word. :praise: Thank you for your sweet compliment too!

Cachette thank you! Clearly it's my favorite setting too. :D

Dreamer, hi! I have really enjoyed reading your insights on old cuts and can only fantasize about being as good a diamond bargain hunter as you. Also, I worship your three stone and am so excited to see how you set it! To answer your question, yes, Adam did tell me this is an antique diamond. Is there any way to tell the difference between a well-cut old stone and a newly cut, made-to-look-like an old stone? I know people say the newer, old-style stones look a little 'too perfect,' but I wonder what that means to newbies like myself who don't even own a loupe...? Anyway it's sparkly, I love it, and I trust Adam, good enough for me! :lol:

motownmama, missy and MyDiamondSparkles, thank you so much! I'd write more but my toddler is getting into things and I need to go intervene. Thank goodness bed time is soon!

Thank you all again for your sweet sweet compliments!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
ksmom|1340062017|3219039 said:
Dreamer, hi! I have really enjoyed reading your insights on old cuts and can only fantasize about being as good a diamond bargain hunter as you. Also, I worship your three stone and am so excited to see how you set it! To answer your question, yes, Adam did tell me this is an antique diamond. Is there any way to tell the difference between a well-cut old stone and a newly cut, made-to-look-like an old stone? I know people say the newer, old-style stones look a little 'too perfect,' but I wonder what that means to newbies like myself who don't even own a loupe...? Anyway it's sparkly, I love it, and I trust Adam, good enough for me! :lol:

:oops: Thanks!

I don't think there is a way to tell a refurbished (polished up) antique from a newer cut stone. If a diamond shows certain signs of age it might be easier to know if its an antique, or if it is cut in certain ways that are not as desirable today perhaps we could think it might be old -- like a super high crown that meant a second stone was not yielded from the rough, which means a lot of waste. Apparetly an angled culet rather than a flat one, and a certain appearance to the girdle can confirm its age. Other signs of cutting methods might also be clues. But an expert would need to look at that. Provenance can help, if you know a diamond's specific history. Apparently there are a lot of newly cut stones being passed off as antiques :read: I suppose in the end one trusts one's vendor... but I am not very trusting ::)

No matter, it is a lovely stone. I would love to see closer photos showing its facet patterning. Did you have an appraisal done since it did not come with papers?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful :love:

The rose gold complements the stone so perfectly, and the setting is simple elegance :appl:

Enjoy your beautiful new ring ksmom!!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I think your pictures are great! Enjoy it!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Yssie! I am a long time admirer of your ring, from when it was a three stone to its new and gorgeous five stone incarnation. Thank you also for your informative posts on various metal compositions and colors, I love the side-by-side comparison shots you did. :)

Dreamer, I do plan to get the ring appraised but as of now it has not yet been done. Our family just moved out of NYC (this ring was my goodbye gift, being able to visit Adam on multiple occasions and to meet Leon in person was such a treat!) and we are 'in transition' for the next month and a half. Once we settle into our new home it's on the top of my to-do list! Here is a shot of the ring I took with my cell phone which might show the facet pattern a little better- well you can at least see the culet here. I'll try to post some better quality photos tomorrow!

image-2621427913.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Alene! Your avatar is adorable!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results