shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Dreamer_D and Yssie and other old cut lovers~

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, and I'm not going with Victor Canera because he can't source lower colored, single cut melee ;( ;( He says the lowest color he can source is G-H.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, I watched that video last week, Jonathan posted it on Facebook, but I had no idea it was for you. GREAT choice, that stone was an absolute beauty!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a looker my dear! Great job!! Can't wait to hear what you think in person, because at the end of the day YOUR opinion matters most of all!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's "M" Love! So fabulous! :appl: :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1339701385|3216268 said:
Its a looker my dear! Great job!! Can't wait to hear what you think in person, because at the end of the day YOUR opinion matters most of all!

ack! LOL that 2nd part makes me nervous.. does that mean you have an opinion you aren't sharing? :sick:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1339700657|3216256 said:
Oooh, I watched that video last week, Jonathan posted it on Facebook, but I had no idea it was for you. GREAT choice, that stone was an absolute beauty!!!

Yes, that other stone he linked is gorgeous as well!! The L one? But the size whore in me wanted bigggggerrrr.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mayk|1339702885|3216280 said:
It's "M" Love! So fabulous! :appl: :appl:

yes! I'm still quite nervous about the M.. But I keep telling myself that a GIA M could have been graded an EGL K.. so at least I have the comfort knowing it's from GIA. I've seen so many M's here on RT and SMTB, and they all perform so differently! Like yours, for that matter! Your new M baby is so "rice white".. not even what I'd imagine as "lace white". And others are warmer. I guess I'll have to see it for myself tomorrow :naughty: :naughty: and I keep reminding myself that, blown up all huge on a computer screen, it's more discernible. IRL size, less so.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I hope it all works out and that you found The one!!! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1339705677|3216331 said:
I hope it all works out and that you found The one!!! :appl:

I hope so too.. Thanks!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I was right and I think you have yourself a winner. I ALMOST bought this one myself when I was looking but it wasn't below 30K for sure. It has the GOG lifetime policy which says a lot for it!

I hope it's all that you are looking for and then some. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
When are you seeing it? Pins and needles over here! I can't believe you are potentially getting a 10 mm stone! WOW.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that sounds like an amazing stone! :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bright ice|1339709936|3216391 said:
Well, I was right and I think you have yourself a winner. I ALMOST bought this one myself when I was looking but it wasn't below 30K for sure. It has the GOG lifetime policy which says a lot for it!

I hope it's all that you are looking for and then some. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

It does have the lifetime policy ;-) I know SO is adamant against upgrading.... Now... But we never know in the future, right ? :naughty: it's just an extra sense of security to know it can be sold back at 70%, or upgraded for $1 more.

Thank you for your kind words, I do hope it is exactly what I think it is! I can't wait until tomorrow!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1339711509|3216405 said:
When are you seeing it? Pins and needles over here! I can't believe you are potentially getting a 10 mm stone! WOW.

I'm on pins and needles too! I'm going tomorrow around noon! :)

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhh, I'm sooooo excited for you--10mm (doing the happy dance for you)! I saw the video on FB last week! I loved the 3.73 in the video--Fabulous! :love:

And go borrow your neighbors camera!! I neeeed to see photos of this rock on your hand! :wink2:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy|1339713656|3216439 said:
wow, that sounds like an amazing stone! :appl:

Thank you!! I hope so!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEEEP!!!!

Beg, borrow, or steal a camera - we NEED photos!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's *heart attack* beautiful! I hope you love it when you see it. Good luck!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can hardly wait to see the finished product! Just watched the GOG video. Your stone is amazing. And HUGE!!! :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1339702979|3216281 said:

ack! LOL that 2nd part makes me nervous.. does that mean you have an opinion you aren't sharing? :sick:

haha... NO I dont' have a secret opinion, it looks great in the video. The videos Jon does capture many elements of old cut performance, but do not and likely cannot capture others. You need to get to know your stone in the lighting where YOU spend the most time. I find lighting really makes a huge difference in how an old cut looks at any given time, much more so than with a modern RB. You need to love how it looks in the places you spend the most time :) Each person also has their own diamond viewing habits. Do you like to stare up close? Arms length? This will suggest perhaps a preference for different aspects of diamond performance. Anyways, its always exciting to get a new diamond and get to know it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I just went back and watched the video again......and all I have to say is WOW. :lickout: that us one gigantic(10mm!!!), gorgeous OEC! You picked a beauty. :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh congratulations..!!! I love that beauty (and that other 3c he had is no slouch either!!)... It reminds me a little of my 3.33 in it's slight off-round shape and the way it sparkles. Fantastic find! Can't wait to see how you set it...any ideas?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MyDiamondSparkles|1339715055|3216457 said:
Ohhhh, I'm sooooo excited for you--10mm (doing the happy dance for you)! I saw the video on FB last week! I loved the 3.73 in the video--Fabulous! :love:

And go borrow your neighbors camera!! I neeeed to see photos of this rock on your hand! :wink2:

Thanks MDS :) I hope I can find someone to lend me a camera, last minute tomorrow morning!! >_< Otherwise, it's just iPhone photos :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1339715480|3216465 said:
EEEEEP!!!!

Beg, borrow, or steal a camera - we NEED photos!!

haha, I just posted on FB, hopefully someone will get back to me by tomorrow! >_<

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever|1339716668|3216475 said:
It's *heart attack* beautiful! I hope you love it when you see it. Good luck!

I do too! Thanks for the well wishes, I really do hope it's everything I imagined and more :love: :love: :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1339719296|3216498 said:
I can hardly wait to see the finished product! Just watched the GOG video. Your stone is amazing. And HUGE!!! :love:

TY :) I can't wait either!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1339721439|3216521 said:
madelise|1339702979|3216281 said:

haha... NO I dont' have a secret opinion, it looks great in the video. The videos Jon does capture many elements of old cut performance, but do not and likely cannot capture others. You need to get to know your stone in the lighting where YOU spend the most time. I find lighting really makes a huge difference in how an old cut looks at any given time, much more so than with a modern RB. You need to love how it looks in the places you spend the most time :) Each person also has their own diamond viewing habits. Do you like to stare up close? Arms length? This will suggest perhaps a preference for different aspects of diamond performance. Anyways, its always exciting to get a new diamond and get to know it! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Okay, *phew. Don't keep me out of the DD loupe! I want to hear what you're tinkering! I liked that his video showed that there was a consistency in the diff. lights he snapped it in. The other one, though AMAZING under spotlighting, didn't perform as well in daylight. I feel like this one had a good balance. I'm not in any particular light more than others, and my future is sort of up in the air :cheeky: so I really have no clue what light I'll be in most. I like staring at arms distance, not unclose, lol!! Actually, my perfect lovingly longing-looking distance is elbows bent, and hand ~12 inches from my fact. It's just close enough to admire the facets ;-)

I don't have a temp setting yet, so I wouldn't be able to play with it in the different lighting settings to get a good feel. >__< though that will have to happen ASAP!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1339722373|3216538 said:
I just went back and watched the video again......and all I have to say is WOW. :lickout: that us one gigantic(10mm!!!), gorgeous OEC! You picked a beauty. :love:

TY again ;-)

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara|1339734568|3216716 said:
Oooh congratulations..!!! I love that beauty (and that other 3c he had is no slouch either!!)... It reminds me a little of my 3.33 in it's slight off-round shape and the way it sparkles. Fantastic find! Can't wait to see how you set it...any ideas?

lol, thank you! Yes, that other 3.2 was also amazing! It was like fireworks under the spotlighting view!

I'm actually kind of still stuck on the rut as far as setting goes. For the last few weeks, I pondered getting a temp setting asap, so I can get it insured asap. But then I don't want to "waste" a couple hundred dollars (I am actually a very stingy and cheap person!) for a temporary setting. I originally intended to go to SN Queens to search for an antique-y feel temp! The more I played around with a temp setting, the more elaborate I wanted it. First I wanted just a plain ol', anything solitaire setting. The cheapest I can get. Then I wanted to get it with 4 double claw prongs. Then I wanted it with some bling on the "basket" area (well.. not basket, since it'd be an open solitaire.. but I was imagining a wire going around, hugging the prongs, and it being covered in melee). I liked the GOG Lily setting. Then I wanted to stick little marquise side stones, to make a little leaf motif with milgrain. My "temp" setting just kept getting more and more elaborate, and less "temp"-y. Then I pulled up an image of a setting on eBay that SO and I love..

But then, in that case, if I'm spending that much time and $$ for a "temp" setting, why not just lunge into exactly the setting I want? So now my head starts running wild. I have drawn out sketches of my "dream" setting, a halo with an elaborate basket featuring lotus flowers.. (Yes, I'm crazy, I want a halo on this thing, but hey, the famous Zahra/Mike ring was also 10+mm and it has a DOUBLE halo!) I have drawn out multiple versions of what I am dreaming up.. including a version with tiny marquise diamonds as the "petals" in the lotus flower!

Andddd.. and I'm back at square 1 with thinking that we already blew our budget with the center stone, and that I should probably just stick it in a simper temp setting for a few years before I get it set in my dream setting. I'm still super iffy!!

The ebay setting that SO and I love:

aoihdioahsdiohasodhasodhaoshdasd09102801928.JPG

oaishdoahdsoa08120891092812hasd.JPG

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in! Have you seen it? Do you love it????? :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results