Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

:appl: congrats!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Liz:

Those are drop dead (get it? drop dead? I know lame) gorgeous! Stunning, elegant and I'm sure full of fire. I want to ask for ear shots, but I think we need ear videos so we can see the dispersion. Please oh pretty please?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lol Minou! I took some ear shots. I'll start a thread.

I don't have the earrings in a video, but I do have a video of my MWM....

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

So I'm really thinking about spending a lot of money (relatively speaking) on an argyle pink diamond (to go with my orange diamond in a bypass ring).

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Beautiful Freke! I love them!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

Kismet|1339769516|3216893 said:
So I'm really thinking about spending a lot of money (relatively speaking) on an argyle pink diamond (to go with my orange diamond in a bypass ring).

What's a bypass ring? (Watch me go google it and find it off the bat...)

Can someone show me their bypass ring?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

txgreeneyes|1339776009|3216953 said:
Kismet|1339769516|3216893 said:

What's a bypass ring? (Watch me go google it and find it off the bat...)

Can someone show me their bypass ring?

There are a few pictures near the bottom of the thread.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bypass-ring.165307/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bypass-ring.165307/[/URL]

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

Ok, bit the bullet.

fancy-pink-pear-diamond.a5cdd.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wooooooooo Kismet! Can't wait to see! What are the stats?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kismet|1339784053|3217063 said:
Ok, bit the bullet.

Wow, a padparadcha diamond. Gorgeous!! :love:

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock

Ok, bit the bullet.

Kismet --

You should start a thread on this gorgeous gem!! Beautiful!!!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

txgreeneyes|1339820772|3217514 said:
Ok, bit the bullet.

Kismet --

You should start a thread on this gorgeous gem!! Beautiful!!!

SWOON :love:

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock

Ok, bit the bullet.

DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Kismet, that is the bomb. I like that you picked a pear because they can be very spready.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock

FrekeChild|1339799118|3217262 said:
Wooooooooo Kismet! Can't wait to see! What are the stats?

It's .22 carats, fancy orangy pink. I'll start a thread on it when I receive it.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

:naughty: My first aqua! can't wait

It looks promising... we'll see when I get it

ps00859.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Davi, you must have quite the collection by now!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tsav from Barry (formerly owned by MTG). Goes by the name Green Goblin.

Lavender Umba sapphire from Gene Flanigan (this stone and I have a very very long history. Short version: considered the rough for my ering, 4ish years ago.)

_74.jpg

_75.jpg

tsavorite4.jpg

both7.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Freke, where to start?! Are they both new? They are fabulous. I love the needles in the tsavorite - in fact, I thought it was a demantoid at first. And the sapphire :love: :love: You got your sapphire! It is beautiful. Gene's cutting is exquisite and the color is lovely. How does it compare to your spinels? Also, did Gene cut it to your specs, or was it one of those "I have this rough and I think it will cut this shape or that shape" kind of thing?

Do you ever just want to go to work with five rings on each finger? :cheeky:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1340861518|3224985 said:
Oh Freke, where to start?! Are they both new? They are fabulous. I love the needles in the tsavorite - in fact, I thought it was a demantoid at first. And the sapphire :love: :love: You got your sapphire! It is beautiful. Gene's cutting is exquisite and the color is lovely. How does it compare to your spinels? Also, did Gene cut it to your specs, or was it one of those "I have this rough and I think it will cut this shape or that shape" kind of thing?

Do you ever just want to go to work with five rings on each finger? :cheeky:
MB, the sapphire has been sitting around for a long time (3 years?) and the tsav...well it's been around for about 2 years maybe? Both were set recently and I just picked them up yesterday.

As far as it comparing to my spinels...it's just slightly more purple than my big periwinkle supernova, and almost as sparkly.

And the story behind the cutting of the sapphire, well it's kind of interwoven in the following thread from August 2008, when I was, well, Desperately Seeking Spinel. In the picture of the rough, this stone was the far left. I had originally contacted every cutter we could think of, including Gene, who wasn't allowed to be discussed on PS at that time (the Cutter Who Must Not Be Named, or CWMNBN), for a periwinkle spinel. He didn't have spinel rough at the time (but had a gorgeous darker blue oval spinel...let that one get away!) but showed me this Umba sapphire rough instead. I can't remember how much he wanted per carat, but my poor grad student boyfriend (at the time) couldn't afford it, we were being very very frugal! Gene cut this stone shortly after I posted the pic of the rough, and it sat and sat and sat on his site. Finally he had some kind of sale I think, and it was purchased in December 2009. I think it was meant to be mine.

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/co...-seeking-spinel-t92677-180.html?hilit=seeking

I hunted down the specific page just for you! (Took a while, that thread is LONG!)

And yes, I often consider going to work with 50 rings on....only I don't have 50 rings anymore!

img_7872_freke.jpg

img_9777_freke.jpg

img_9828_freke.jpg

img_9835_freke.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

WOW...I am way late to Freke's party.....GORGEOUS, as always!!!!

Lori

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Even though I personally have declared 2012 to be the "year of the setting" for my current colored gemstones, I succumbed at Barry's latest drop. I have so far missed the malaya garnet craze, and decided to pick up this 1.97 ct, 7.4 mm round orangish pink beauty.

Yum!

mg-7607g_939_detail.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Fly Girl|1341617212|3229807 said:
Even though I personally have declared 2012 to be the "year of the setting" for my current colored gemstones, I succumbed at Barry's latest drop. I have so far missed the malaya garnet craze, and decided to pick up this 1.97 ct, 7.4 mm round orangish pink beauty.

Yum!
I picked up the new malaya garnet today. Here it is, along with another photo showing my Barry garnets. A 10 mm umbalite and a 5 mm bright orange spessartite. Setting plans are in flux at the moment. Waiting for the right inspiration.

bbmalaya_3263.jpg

bbgarnets_3271.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fly Girl|1341928462|3231574 said:

Yum!
I picked up the new malaya garnet today. Here it is, along with another photo showing my Barry garnets. A 10 mm umbalite and a 5 mm bright orange spessartite. Setting plans are in flux at the moment. Waiting for the right inspiration.

Very nice FG!!!

cheers--Sharon

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree - very nice indeed. I wish you could make a three stone drop of some kind, as the stones look gorgeous together.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock

:love: Oh Freke,

There's hope for me (and more loose stones?) yet! Thanks for the pictures of your beautiful rings. I just started reading this thread. OH MY STARS (and gems!)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yum!

I am so glad to see that someone here got that! This was the first time in over a year that I actually forgot about Barry's drop until a few days later. So, I popped on to the site, and was VERY sorry to have missed this stone! It is really really stunning! I look forward to seeing how you set it. Congrats! :) (and if you felt like starting a thread on it, I would love to see lots and lots of pics. ;)) )

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

NKOTB|1342189655|3233256 said:

Yum!

I am so glad to see that someone here got that! This was the first time in over a year that I actually forgot about Barry's drop until a few days later. So, I popped on to the site, and was VERY sorry to have missed this stone! It is really really stunning! I look forward to seeing how you set it. Congrats! :) (and if you felt like starting a thread on it, I would love to see lots and lots of pics. ;)) )

Thank you so much for your nice comments, NKOTB, minousbijoux, and canuk-gal.

NKOTB, at your request I posted some pictures from my garden photo shoot after getting that pretty garnet. I'm very pleased with the stone, and it is definitely a keeper.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-bb-malaya.177656/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-bb-malaya.177656/[/URL]

Enjoy!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Just home from a Roger Dery round table tonight. I picked up this 4.99 ct pink zircon in a long hexagon shape for a ring. You can't tell from the glamour photo, but the dispersion on this stone can easily be seen across a room. Absolutely stunning.

The best stone, from my point of view, was the 8.77 ct merelani mint garnet, the award winner in the upper left of his web site. Amazing dispersion, and incredibly bright in dim light. Priced at nearly two years of college tuition, but who needs to educate the kids?? :naughty:

And, some pricing info for all of you blue sapphire hunters...the 1.40 ct oval was $2680 and the 1.46 ct square was $3495. The best colored sapphire "most gemmy" according to Roger, was the 1.21 ct emerald cut. You can see this in his photos, as well. Of course, that stone was priced higher. Roger's website is at www.spectralgems.net

lg-zirconpinkfancycush4_99ct.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results