shape
carat
color
clarity

What's your least favorite thing to spend money on?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
For me, it's tires. Ugh. I HATE buying them. So unglamorous. So boring. And freaking expensive! We live in a snowy area so really good tires are a must. This last set was close to $1k when all was said and done.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Cat litter. And with 4 of them, I practically have to buy it by the pallet-load.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Selkie|1339627137|3215690 said:
Cat litter. And with 4 of them, I practically have to buy it by the pallet-load.

Good one! On our last Costco trip we had to buy kitty litter, puppy pads, and toilet paper. I commented to DH that we were sure spending a lot of money for stuff that would just be pooped on!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty much any car maintenance. I get that it is good and saves money in the short run but I get NOTHING out of it and thus don't like to do it. Drives DH crazy.

Also taxis. Unless I can expense it, I generally won't take one.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH's speeding tickets. He hasn't gotten one in a while now, but when they started putting those traffic cameras up all over the city, he was on their "frequent flyer" list. I would just text him and say, "Ooooooh, you're in TROUBLE!!!!"

$100 is almost a dinner for two at Morton's. I'd much rather have a ribeye!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
ATM fees! But kitty litter is right up there. For some reason wrapping paper gets my goat as well. Like, isn't the GIFT enough!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have another one! City parking stickers. I hate those things.

I also hate buying strawberries for DH, but that's because I'm severely allergic to them and they smell so good that it makes me so sad that I'll never be able to eat one.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
All taxes!!! ;(

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
groceries....I just hate spending that much money on something that disappears so quickly :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1339628302|3215698 said:
DH's speeding tickets. He hasn't gotten one in a while now, but when they started putting those traffic cameras up all over the city, he was on their "frequent flyer" list. I would just text him and say, "Ooooooh, you're in TROUBLE!!!!"

:lol:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

His tickets wre only $100 each? I half-assed a stop before making a right turn at one of those traffic cams and got a $500 ticket! Gonna go swear now.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
$500?!?! That is CRAZY!

DH's were $100 as long as he paid them on time. The one he paid late was $200. He had a fun time explaining that one to me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty|1339630927|3215722 said:

His tickets wre only $100 each? I half-assed a stop before making a right turn at one of those traffic cams and got a $500 ticket! Gonna go swear now.
b/c he receive a "frequent flyer" discount.. :wink2:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
My husband??? haha. Just messing around....sort of. ;))

I would have to say my least favorite thing is groceries because we can never stick to our budget and end up spending too much. I guess that kind of fits into the husband category since his black hole of a stomach is what consumes the majority of the food.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Groceries, tech things, and car stuff. I am SO HAPPY I don't have a car anymore. I hope to never live anywhere again where I need a car.

Basically I only like to buy clothes/jewelry, house stuff, plants and vacations. :cheeky:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1339634368|3215760 said:
Groceries, tech things, and car stuff. I am SO HAPPY I don't have a car anymore. I hope to never live anywhere again where I need a car.

Basically I only like to buy clothes/jewelry, house stuff, plants and vacations. :cheeky:
+1 (minus the clothes --- i HATE clothes shopping! :mad: )

I don't like car repairs/gas/tires/replacing our sump pump/potentially our roof next year... those are so 'not fun'. They don't sparkle and they don't shine.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Water.

Water is really the only thing that I drink. At home I have a PUR pitcher for the fridge. I fill my giant cup before I leave the house, but sometimes I run out. Especially in the summer.

The whole situation of buying water really gets me. I hate buying the plastic bottles, I hate that it costs me money when I can drink as much as I want for FREE at home!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Definitely taxes! All kinds, federal, state, property, sales, intangible, etc. Especially when I know that the government doesn't know how to manage a budget or decide on the appropriate items on which to spend. Oh, and don't get me started on Alternative Minimum Tax . . .

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Car maintenance or home repair stuff. It's just not fun to spend money on that!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Life insurance - Gad I'm hoping to live!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I hate buying tires too!

Next on the list is getting in a car accident and having to pay for my repairs and other person's, because the insurance chq is so small it covers nothing. It's usually a huge, unplanned outlay of money and there's usually no getting around it. :nono:

I hate paying for accidents, in general, including things I break that need to be replaced. I remember sterilizing my new breast pump in the microwave and destroying it ,and then buying a new one and stupidly doing the same thing again. :errrr: It was REALLY fun shelling out that money. :mad:

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Taxes!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought of another one--greeting cards! Every year, they get more and more expensive. $5.99 for a card at Hallmark? Crazy! I feel like most people toss them in the trash the next day after receiving them, so they seem like a waste to me. I'll go to the Dollar Store where they have cards 2 for $1 instead.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This house. Well, any house. I didn't want to own, and I never want to own. I personally find houses/mortgages to be the worst possible investment. I have no interest in maintaining the thing, so I would much rather rent.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I'm about to spend tens of thousands of dollars on ... a slab for my house. Concrete. That's pretty high on the list of least favourite things at present.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
House repairs, leaky pipes, or a broken hot water heater.... I love old houses, but man this house has kicked me hard lately.... Grrrrr.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1339634368|3215760 said:
W.O.R.D!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doctor/Dentist bills.

Children's socks. SO expensive for teeny socks.

Toilet paper. It's like WOOOO Here is $20 on toilet paper that I'm promptly going to flush down the toilet. I'd rather have a vanilla bean frapp ..And yes, kitty litter for 4 cats. Sometimes target does a buy 2 get a gift card... I will buy 4 or 6 37lb tubs at a time. All so they can poo.

OK so I don't like spending money on poo.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies, y'know you can wipe yo bums w/LEAVES! Just be careful about the poison oak/ivy/sumac.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results