shape
carat
color
clarity

How old were you...

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
We are 16 days away from our first anniversary, we married when we were both 27, started dating when we were both 24.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Met at 19, engaged at 22, married at 24, we're the same age.
Married for 2 years this September :bigsmile:

ETA
makemepretty|1339332170|3213065 said:
I think when you marry young, you kind of grow up together.

I love this - this bit of it, anyway ::) I know I'm better for having had to learn to always consider someone else and our relationship as well as my own wants and direction from early on. I'm not the same person I would've been had I not met DH young, but I think that resulted in the best version of me :))

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were both just 18 (shy of 19), have been married for 38 years. Even though it was a long marriage, we should have divorced much earlier. Our marriage is over now though.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I was 23 he was 32, we will celebrate 33 years on June 16th!
DH jokes that being married is the longest job he has ever held!!
It's been very good, a few rocky patches that were out of our control, like my breast cancer that actually made it better!!!
I have friends who dated in HS got married the week after HS graduation and are still together!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Well, we aren't married yet, and are tossing around the idea of getting married before the year's out (we'd be eloping, so that gives plenty of time for planning!), but that would put us at 28 and 32, and the date I'm hoping for is our 10th anniversary. We were great friends for about a year before we began dating.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Got married at 31, still haven't reached first wedding anniversary!

I'm not the person I was at 21, I'm sure my husband and I would not have got together at that age.

It's going well so far :cheeky:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Every marriage is as different as the people in them, but you can't help but use your life experiences to judge the validity of others' actions.

I married a foreign husband and moved internationally at 21, it lasted 16 months. :nono: A terrible, naive life choice - I had only known him for a few months beforehand (we met while traveling) and that poor decision has impacted the rest of my life greatly. I have recovered from it not because "everything happens for a reason," but because I did excellent damage control.

I married my current husband after living together for 3 years, at 27 and 32, and we've been married for a year now. This relationship is far healthier and happier (and EASIER!) - not because of our age, but because of our personalities and compatibility. But I still can't help looking at people getting married at that age and thinking, "Yeah, I thought I knew what I was doing too!" :rolleyes: I can only hope it goes better for them!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We met at 15(me) and 16, got engaged at 18 and 19, married at 22 and 23, and we will be celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary next Friday!

We have definitely grown up together!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I was 26, DH was 32. Celebrating 2 years next month! My parents started dating when they were 27 and 24, got married when they were 39 and 36, and in August will be celebrating 27 years of marriage and 39 years of being together! They're still as madly in love as ever.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
My math is terrible. My parents were married for 30 years, not 27, when they divorced.

Astra

Rough_Rock
I was 24 and he was 29, we were married for 4 years when we divorced this year in March.

Interesting how both my mother and her mother got married at age of 24, and they both also divorced their husbands in March...

kefira

Shiny_Rock
I was 34, and my husband was 35. We didn't meet until our late 20s and neither of us were married before. I had a rule growing up that I wouldn't marry until I was at least 28, but once I got there, I found I was resistant to the idea of marriage. I got over it! We will celebrate 2 years married and 8 years together later this year.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aprilbaby: thank you for starting this lovely thread. KSinger: I LOVE your story. I would love to find that some day...

Enerchi: my theory about age is that when we get to a certain age, we are entitled to start using dog years. So that would obviously make us both much younger than 43... :bigsmile:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1339356719|3213282 said:
Aprilbaby: thank you for starting this lovely thread. KSinger: I LOVE your story. I would love to find that some day...

Enerchi: my theory about age is that when we get to a certain age, we are entitled to start using dog years. So that would obviously make us both much younger than 43... :bigsmile:

Yeah, from the outside it sounds like some sort of show on the Hallmark Channel, but in reality, there were never any guarantees. In spite of the fated look, neither of us thought we had a chance in hell after "the second iteration", and there was a lot of pain on my side, and regret on his. But even though we are both still astonished at times that this happened, we both learned that forgiveness is the key and love can (in my case, re-)find you at any age. ;-)

And I hope you DO find that love one day... :wacko:

April20

Ideal_Rock
I was 29, DH was 37. We were both 3 months away from our next birthdays. We've been married five years.

Our relationship has always been easy. We don't fight, we rarely bicker and we truly enjoy being with each other. We attribute a lot of how we go about our relationship to being older when we dated/married. We'd both dated plenty of other people when we met and knew what did / didn't work. We got married 5.5 months after our first date.

I've always said that I was glad I didn't marry what I was dating in my early 20s. I'd probably be divorced or miserable. It's not that they were bad guys, they just weren't right for me! What I looked for in a guy at 29 did not resemble what I looked for at 20.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
KSinger, your saga is definitely movie- worthy :appl: :wavey:

We met when I was 16 and DH was 20. It wasn't love at first sight, by any means; his best friend and my best friend were going out together so we were sort of thrown together (double dating was the only kind permitted by my parents and hers). We all had a great time together going to the beach, movies and generally 'hanging out'. Fast forward a year and a half and our friends had gone their separate ways, but DH and I were still together - really good friends by that time.

DH proposed on my 19th birthday knowing that I was leaving for university that September. We were thrilled; my parents were not. After two years away, we both knew that we wanted to get married. At 20 (almost 21) and 24, we tied the knot. Last April was our 49th anniversary! There were very few bumps in the road and all being well, we'll celebrate our 50th in April of 2013. :bigsmile:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
minousbijoux|1339356719|3213282 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: WOOF! WOOF!!! I'm now suddenly SOOO much younger and happier because of this proclamation - woo hoo! Now I'm just a bit over 7 & 1/2!

Isaku - WOW! you have a wonderful lovestory going on, yourself at almost 50 years of marriage!!! MAJOR congratulations!!! Life well lived!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Married at 25, DH was 31. Been married WAY longer than is healthy..... :saint: :devil: :halo: :rodent: :bigsmile:
All my sisters are still married to the "original man" also....and we all married around the same age....

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1339363038|3213308 said:
DH proposed on my 19th birthday knowing that I was leaving for university that September. We were thrilled; my parents were not. After two years away, we both knew that we wanted to get married. At 20 (almost 21) and 24, we tied the knot. Last April was our 49th anniversary! There were very few bumps in the road and all being well, we'll celebrate our 50th in April of 2013. :bigsmile:

Wow, congrats on almost 50 years!! :appl:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind words, Enerchi and Laila. :wavey:

We found out later that our relatives had given our marriage five years tops! Had we known sooner, we could have taken bets and made a few dollars. :mrgreen:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
I was 23 and DH was 28. We will be celebrating our 13th anniversary this month. :love:

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
It's so nice to see so many long marriages.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I was 48; it's been 5 years this October.

If I had married the first man I was engaged to, I would have married at 20. If I had married the second man I nearly was engaged to, I would have been 25.

Had I married my DH within a couple of years into the relationship, we would have been married 16 years by now, and probably have a teenager driving us nuts.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We were both 22 and had only known each other for 3 months when we got engaged and 8 months when we got married. That was eight years and one baby ago so I guess we are doing pretty well!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I was 29, DH 32. We'll be celebrating our 3rd anniversary this October.

Isaku, congrats on the 50th anniversary! What a milestone!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
We were both 22 years old. Our 36th wedding anniversary is later this week. :))

I was 26... nearly 27. He was ugh.. 31?

I know that if I married the first guy to propose to me, I'd be screwed. HAHA. I used to date guys that were a real piece of work. Glad I waited for my hubs!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
First marriage I was 21, he was 22 and we knew each other a short 6-8 months beforehand. It lasted a very long and unhealthy 10 yrs. Second marriage at 34 for me, 30 for DH and we knew each other for about 3 yrs before marrying. We're celebrating our 1st anniversary in about 2 weeks! :bigsmile:

I never would have married the first guy if I had been my "older, wiser" self. I also feel like my DH and I absolutely needed to get through our early 20's. There's no way we would have been compatible if we met earlier!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i was 27 and she was 25.

Happy Anniversary, junebug! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results