shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby toys that crinkle like paper!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Suggestions? Haha, Micah's favorite thing is crinkly paper (my dad lets him destroy the newspaper ads every day), and he has one toy with a star on it filled with something crunchy. He is obsessed with it.

So I would like to find some more! Any thoughts? It's kind of hard to search for lol.

gingerB

Shiny_Rock
its cellophane that makes the crinkle. A loves it too. we have a mortimer the moose from lamaze that has crinly hooves and a crinkly scarf. we also have the knock knock bloocks where some of the blocks crinkle.

although you are so crafty you should just get cellophane and make your own baby toys!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think f you pop into any baby store you will find tonnes!

You can make your own. Stick some cellophane into a sock and close the end with an elastic. PS: people will wonder why your kid in playing with a sock, but whatever!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
You could do what we do with the bunnies and give him a phone book to shred up.

Kidding! :bigsmile:

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Elrohwen said:

He does that with the newspaper, hahaha! We just watch to make sure he doesn't eat it.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Nearly all the Lamaze toys crinkle.

We had the Jacques the Peacock - D shoplifted it (had to go back and pay when I noticed :oops: ) amd it was one of her favourite toys for ages.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we have a couple of bees/butterflies that strap onto the carseat. we actually use them on her arm while she's in the carseat though. that way she doesn't drop it and has something to play. anyhow, they are crinkly in their wings. not sure of the brand though. i'd go scope out the baby store and see what you can find.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie said:
Elrohwen said:

He does that with the newspaper, hahaha! We just watch to make sure he doesn't eat it.

Well, at least they use non-toxic soy based ink now (not that you want your baby eating newspaper anyway, but at least it's safer now!). Silly baby! They can make toys out of anything.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We actually found a book that was all crinkle, and it seemed to me a more satisfying crinkle than the toys that only had a small wing or something, at Walgreens.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Sabine said:
We actually found a book that was all crinkle, and it seemed to me a more satisfying crinkle than the toys that only had a small wing or something, at Walgreens.

Oohh, what was it called?

I made a crinkle blanket with tags today. He seems to approve - it's already wet with drool!

tagblanky.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous photo! What a beautiful little boy!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
J is also obsessed with my magazine basket. He pulls up on it, pulls out mags and starts pulling pages out and crinkling them up. I now stock it with J appropriate magazines (aka ones I don't mind getting shredded!) and he spends 15-20 min a day doing this. Plus it helps keep the mag population under control ha!

Super cute pic. Love the idea of a crinkly blanket with tags, you should put it in your shop! J also loved the crinkly toys. We have about 3-4 of them that people gave us--most are Lamaze I think.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie said:
gingerB said:
although you are so crafty you should just get cellophane and make your own baby toys!

Aw, thanks! I found this! It has a baby wipe package sewn inside and she has washed it a bunch of times without any problems.
http://www.joyshope.com/2009/05/baby-crinkle-square-tutorial.html

I see a project for me tomorrow! I am so excited now!
I like this!

my cousin gave N a baby newspaper from japan. both sides has a cloth with baby toy pictures and in the middle I think there's cellophane. it's machine washable. it's fun to play with. I can't wait until N is a little older to play with it. before this, I never saw anything like it. wonder if something similar could be found here...

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if this is helpful at all, but I was in Petsmart today and I found a christmas moose toy that sounded like it had one of those 50% less plastic water bottles in it. They make a crinkle noise and I would think it would be sturdy and last a long time as it's a dog toy. Just a thought. :wacko: Your little boy is so cute btw!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
The best one we have was found at Walgreens actually. It's a crinkly book, so it has several pages that are all crinkly and a hard handle. Both kids have loved it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results