color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Freke,
Are Dan and Caren sourcing the diamonds for you or are you supplying those? If they are, do you mind sharing your opinion the quality of the RBs and marquises? Do you approve of the stones they selected first? I was just wondering about the quality of diamond accents that Etsy vendors are able to source.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

Lovely delicate design Freke - they will be beautiful.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I like this thread! I can't believe I just found it...

This is on its way...it is a Mexican Fire Opal...and the first one I've ever bought that wasn't yellow. It was just cut here in the USA, and it has a custom cut...but I can't remember the name of it. The stone weighs in at 10cts, and it measures 12x12. I can't wait to see it in person, as the cutter/seller says these are not good photos...

FireOpal10ct1.jpg

fireOpal10ct2.jpg

FireOpal10ct3.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

Chrisa222|1335998235|3186067 said:
I like this thread! I can't believe I just found it...

This is on its way...it is a Mexican Fire Opal...and the first one I've ever bought that wasn't yellow. It was just cut here in the USA, and it has a custom cut...but I can't remember the name of it. The stone weighs in at 10cts, and it measures 12x12. I can't wait to see it in person, as the cutter/seller says these are not good photos...

Gorgeous color! Like if honeybees made lava and not honey. (in my twisted mind that made sense LOL)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Chrono|1335971044|3185670 said:
Freke,
Are Dan and Caren sourcing the diamonds for you or are you supplying those? If they are, do you mind sharing your opinion the quality of the RBs and marquises? Do you approve of the stones they selected first? I was just wondering about the quality of diamond accents that Etsy vendors are able to source.
I actually got the marquises from a ring on ebay (little marquise stones are HARD TO FIND and EXPENSIVE when you do find them). The RBs they have sourced in the past have been nice, eyeclean, and sparkly. Not ideal cut or anything, but really, when they are that small, I'm not too worried about it.

They are actually sourcing the 2mm stones, and the 3mm stones are coming from a mangled ring I bought on DB a while back. The spinels are 5.2mm, so these are actually pretty delicate.

I'm sure that if I was so inclined, I could lay out the specs that I want in my diamonds, and they'd get them for me. But when they are that small, I'm just happy that they sparkle.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I totally get where Davi is coming from on that. Lovely stone Chris!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awesome earrings Freke!
My Sapphire ring should be getting finished up in the next week so I'm excited!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Davi, I blame this impulse purchase on you!
Turns out I did indeed buy that padparadscha Mahenge Spinel on Dana's site. 1.19ct, 7 x 5.6mm. Should be arriving in the next day or two!

24495.jpg

24496.jpg

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

MakingTheGrade|1337785688|3201631 said:
Davi, I blame this impulse purchase on you!
Turns out I did indeed buy that padparadscha Mahenge Spinel on Dana's site. 1.19ct, 7 x 5.6mm. Should be arriving in the next day or two!

EEEEEEEEEEP!!!!

GAH!

Lucky!

And I think it's funny how you weren't sure you bought it or not LOL

MUST.HAVE.MORE.PHOTOS!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock

MTG, did your sapphire arrive?

I've been waiting oh so patiently ;( for a ring project from Sally. It's supposed to be finished today, but I'm practicing my non-attachment skills, in case it ends up stretching out longer. Plus there's ship time, etc., so yeah I don't actually have anything to post except this beetle. I held him hostage for a photo shoot because he reminded me of a little jewel. He should just be thankful he didn't get mounted in a ring. :Up_to_something:

P5230057%20(800x598).jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

bluebirrrd|1338069373|3204432 said:
so yeah I don't actually have anything to post except this beetle. I held him hostage for a photo shoot because he reminded me of a little jewel. He should just be thankful he didn't get mounted in a ring. :Up_to_something:

P5230057%20(800x598).jpg

He does look jewel-like, and he probably landed just to tide you over for a little while. He would make a beautiful ring.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've been waiting oh so patiently ;( for a ring project from Sally. It's supposed to be finished today, but I'm practicing my non-attachment skills, in case it ends up stretching out longer. Plus there's ship time, etc., so yeah I don't actually have anything to post except this beetle. I held him hostage for a photo shoot because he reminded me of a little jewel. He should just be thankful he didn't get mounted in a ring. :Up_to_something:

P5230057%20(800x598).jpg

Beetles like that are actually used for jewelry.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/93928600/fairy-elytra-jewel-beetle-wing-necklace

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

2.something imperial malaya garnet purchased from eBay. Ring turned out much bigger than I expected so I'm still getting used to it.

photo6.jpg

photo(3)_3.jpg

Coco914

Shiny_Rock

Sapphirering.... the halo around your garnet is very different, at least I've never seen anything quite like it before. Very contemporary... I like!!! :love:

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock

Thank you coco. :wavey: The halo is inspired by Todd Reed's designs- he's one of my personal favorites, although I wish he uses brighter stones. I personally like seeing metal on rings so I chose this design. It is also a good type of halo to have if you have melees lying around as in my case. I told the jeweler to just fit as many as she can, and if there weren't enough, just sort of space it out equally. :cheeky:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Davi,

I LOVE your chrysoberyl. Spinel is good, too, but the chryso is awesome.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Freke,

Your drawings just prove what I have recently posted. Some people are born designers.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

P5230057%20(800x598).jpg

Reminds me of Tahitian pearls!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I need to step away from this thread it is making me drool!!! :love:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

thunderbirdie.jpg

DiamondLiquidEyeliner.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

those are kind of awesome VL.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I bought a leuco garnet second hand, originally cut by Peter Torraca as an asscher. It's 1.36ct, 6.6mm. My first asscher! And such a cool garnet to have. Unfortunately there's a chip on one of the facets on the edge, and so I can either send it to be recut (Barry thinks it's likely too deep for a simple repolish) or maybe set in a bezel setting to cover the chip and protect it from further damage.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

VL, is that your T-Bird?? Part of me just died seeing that...of all that is holy....

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Earring drops are done!

And a little "repair" job. Added chains to make them into longer drops. Hot pink Mahenge spinels.

il_fullxfull.342608830.jpg

hot pink.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Just back from the jewelers where I dropped off this pink star sapphire purchased from Vance Gems last weekend at Intergem to be set. I'm planning on a rose gold bezel set ring, pending approval from the discriminating eye of the designer.

Also, just picked up from the post office this 10 x 7.4 mm green chrysoberyl from Finewater's special drop. At $95 I figured I wouldn't go wrong. It turns out to be a big brother to my green mali garnet, with lovely dispersion and everything. A keeper for sure.

StarSapphire_2622.jpg

GreenChryso.jpg

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

I forgot about this thread...

To everyone who commented on the Mexican Fire Opal above....and were suspicious of what it was...well, you were right to be suspicious!

While the colors suggest a pure orange, or reddish-orange, I did see a brown component to it. That is when I spoke to an Opal expert..and, after talking to him and putting some clues together, we determined this stone is NOT Mexican Fire Opal. What was it??? Fire Opal from Oregon. I was told that no Mexican Fire Opal will have any brown modifiers...and, maybe I was blinded to it, but sure enough, it was there. It was returned for a full refund.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just got this preloved baby today. It's such an amazing color. I'm remembering the stats because I didn't write them down so bear with me, but it's a tourmaline, 2.97 ct and 8.3mm in a rose gold LOGR setting.

Minty.jpg

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

ok so i got naughty again...

couldn't resist another emerald

totally different from my other much darker emerald

1.58 ct colombian

:bigsmile:

emmy.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

rosetta|1339710080|3216392 said:
ok so i got naughty again...

couldn't resist another emerald

totally different from my other much darker emerald

1.58 ct colombian

:bigsmile:
That is a gorgeous green beryl. I took a look, but returned it since I decided I wouldn't be setting it soon. Glad to see it only sat in inventory for a day after Dana got it back. I actually think the color looks more even in person with the point down. But, take a look and see for yourself. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results