carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hazey|1337801796|3201893 said:
DoC = Katherine, Duchess of Cambridge, NOT Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall

Thank you, as I've stated, I've read the entire thread in full (10 months worth of reading) and I'm clear with what everyone (or at least the regular posters) deem to be appropriate content for this thread. As both comments about both Duchesses were semi-jewel related and I've seen similar comments throughout this thread, I don't see the harm in stating my observations. I've also seen many similar "lurkers" jump into this thread only to be scared out again, it's a forum, people are allowed to voice their opinions, there might be more posters if you guys were a little more welcoming to those folks. Regardless, keep up the good work, it's enjoyable reading nonetheless.

No, actually personal attacks against Diana such as "uneducated, naive Diana" are not jewel related and are off topic. We are not in the habit of trashing any member of the Royal Family here including Diana. Ella has been very clear about this. I would appreciate it if you abided by the rules the rest of us have to follow. Thank you.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Camilla has an education? I must have missed that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The latest jewel for the Royal House of Sweden, little baby Estelle, and my, she looks just like daddy. Sorry, I just love baby pictures. So cute!!!

baby_princess.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Maxima in huge south sea pearls at the Swedish christening.

huge_pearls.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Madeline looking gorgeous in beautiful diamond drop earrings and a broach at her niece's christening.

Madelline_earrings.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Arkteia|1337834245|3202343 said:
This is a movie about a Faberge tiara... it belonged to many royalties

http://vimeo.com/7944153

Thank you, Arkteia! I enjoyed this!

I especially liked the metal cabinet he took it out of and how he explained the provenance of the stones.

I was lucky enough to see a Faberge exhibit when I lived in New Orleans at the big museum there. This collection had belonged to (or still belongs to the estate of, I can't remember) a woman who lived there and collected it.

Two of the founders of one of my favorite (top 3) jewelers, Oscar Heyman, started the company in New York in 1912 after being trained by and working for Faberge.

There is nothing quite like Faberge and there never will be again.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TL|1337829311|3202296 said:
Princess Madeline looking gorgeous in beautiful diamond drop earrings and a broach at her niece's christening.

It's not a brooch but an agraffe with the portrait of the reigning monarch in Sweden worn on a Seraphim blue ribbon. This is the closest thing to a Family Order min Sweden, like the ones we know in the United Kingdom and in Norway. In my post about the christening you can see that The Queen & The Crown Princess also wore an agraffe with the miniature portrait of The King (their husband and father, respectively).

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

This video remindes me how much jewellery, especially tiaras, was lost for the Belgian royal family... And it's strange that the family hasn't re-aquired any of these items when they were sold...It's not as if they have a vault full of jewels, you know ;-)

By the way, I do wonder what jewels the descendants of the Dukes of Leuchtenberg still own. They had some remarkable jewels, including this Faberge beauty.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
As I've said before, sales of (royal) jewels make me sad, especially when the jewel has been worn by a person I've had a soft spot for.
This is the case with Princess Viggo's garnet, pearl and diamond kokoshnik which was worn by Countess Ruth of Rosenborg on numerous royal events. At least we now know that the diamond riviere on top is still detachable, though I can't understand why no one ever wore it as a necklace (Princess Viggo excluded). Another strange thing IMO is that no provenance is given.
You can read more about the tiara and necklace (in Swedish,of course) in this link - DIADEM/DIAMANTRIVIÈRE

Bobby

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
BANGKOK, 25 May 2012 The Fine Arts Department has recorded the historic visit of Their Majesties the King and the Queen and Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to Thung Makham Yong in Ayutthaya on 25 May 2012. Thung Makham Yong is one of HM the King’s royally initiated projects. The field has been turned into a large pond to store water during the wet season to prevent flooding in the city area of Ayutthaya.

25%201.jpg

25%202.jpg

25%203.jpg

25%204.jpg

25%206.jpg

25%205.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1338103472|3204622 said:
BANGKOK, 25 May 2012 The Fine Arts Department has recorded the historic visit of Their Majesties the King and the Queen and Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to Thung Makham Yong in Ayutthaya on 25 May 2012. Thung Makham Yong is one of HM the King’s royally initiated projects. The field has been turned into a large pond to store water during the wet season to prevent flooding in the city area of Ayutthaya.

What brooch is The Queen wearing in these photos? Is it possibly this one?
1n4sd1217965240159889.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A couple of days ago the Danish Royal Family attended a concert with the Royal Life Guards music corps. The concert was attended by The Queen & The Prince Consort, Queen Anna-Maria, The Crown Prince & Crown Princess, Prince Joachim & Princess Marie, Princess Benedikte and Cout Ingolf & Countess Sussie af Rosenborg.

Her Majesty wore her four row pearl necklace, the ruby earrings from Prince Henrik, the two haircombs and the badge of the Royal Life Guards:
fbgjyk.jpg

Queen Anna Maria wore her large pearl necklace, ruby and diamond earrings with pearl drop and a brooch (the same that HM wore at the christening of Pince Christian, I believe). Aren't the drop-shaped pearls the same as the ones HM wore at the lunch at Windsor Castle earlier this month?
mhgkhgf.jpg

Crown Princess Mary wore the new version of the earrings from the ruby parure, the bracelet and the ring (see link for photos).

Princess Marie wore a new (to me, at least) pair of earrings, the brooch from the Prince Consort and a new ring with a large pearl:
rgrh.jpg

Princess Benedikte wore her pearl and emerald bead necklace with a single strand of pearls. I'm not sure about the earrings, but HRH wore an emerald and diamond brooch which both she and Princess Alexandra have worn as pendant. BTW, this is new hair style for the Princess, right?
kknm.jpg

More photos can be seen here - 24-05-2012 Copenhagen

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last night TSH The Prince & Princess of Monaco attended a Formula One Grand Prix Gala Dinner at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club. The Princess wore a new pair of long earrings. Lovely as they are, I think this is the only time we'll see them on her, as is the trend with most of Charlène's jewels...
charearringcrop.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
From the Court Circular - The Countess of Wessex, on behalf of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award International Foundation, today attended the Monaco Grand Prix and this evening attended a Gala Dinner at the Monte Carlo Sporting Club, Monaco
HRH wore her modern diamond necklace and cluster earrings (a fav combo lately, it seems):

145371942-sophie-countess-of-wessex-attends-the-monaco-gettyimages.jpg 145371944-sophie-countess-of-wessex-attends-the-monaco-gettyimages.jpg
Photo by Didier Baverel/WireImage/Photo by Didier Baverel/WireImage

Also present at the dinner were TRH The Duke & Duchess of Castro. The Duchess wore a pair of modern diamond earrings and bracelet:

145371965-princess-camilla-of-bourbon-two-sicilies-gettyimages.jpg 145371964-princess-camilla-of-bourbon-two-sicilies-and-gettyimages.jpg
Photo by Didier Baverel/WireImage/Photo by Didier Baverel/WireImage

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I saw pictures of Sophie on another website and thought that pink dress looked great! The necklace was perfect...substantial enough to be noticed, but not gaudy and over the top.

AmayasV

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1338160887|3204837 said:
AmayasV|1338103472|3204622 said:

What brooch is The Queen wearing in these photos? Is it possibly this one?
1n4sd1217965240159889.jpg

Bobby
It's different ,a sapphire in the center looks smaller than the old one.
13247361971324736214l_1.jpg

queen%203.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AmayasV|1338344224|3205893 said:
It's different ,a sapphire in the center looks smaller than the old one.
13247361971324736214l_1.jpg

queen%203.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday TM The King & Queen of Sweden arrived in South Korea for a State Visit. The first day was labeled as unofficial, yet TM visited and attended a reception at the National Museum. Queen Silvia wore her large brooch/devant-de-corsage with diamonds and pink stones, matching earrings (first seen in April 2010) and a pendant to match:
NationalMuseumSeoul2012.jpg
Photo courtesy DayLife

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today the official part of the State Visit started and King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited the War Memorial of Korea in Seoul. Her Majesty wore her necklace of twisted rows of pearls, new pearl and diamond earrings (half pearl in bezel setting with a diamond underneath) and the brooch that she wore at the Te Deum after Princess Estelle's birth:
WarMemorialSKorea2012.jpg
Photo courtesy Daylife

Here is a close up of the brooch - it looks like a rosette/cockade in white gold with a conch pearl/coral in the middle:
SilviaBroochCrop.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At the state banquet (lounge suits and long dresses) Queen Silvia wore the necklace of large Oriental pearls (worn at her grandaughter's christening) with the smaller pair of pear-shaped pearl earrings an her two row pearl bracelet with diamond monogram/clasp:

20120530_PD1399.jpg
Photo courtesy JONAS EKSTRÖMER/Scanpix Sweden/picturedesk.com

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
While browsing the net a few days ago, I came across some photos from the 2008 wedding of Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier. One of the photos shows Suzanne Vind (nee Countess av Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille), the wife of Erik Vind, a grandson of Prince Erik of Denmark, wearing one of Princess Viggo, Countess of Rosenborg's tiaras in its smallest form and a set of turquoise and diamond jewellery. Suzanne Vind was a lady-in-waiting to Princess Alexandra and often attended tiara events where she wore this tiara in one of its other forms - with turquoise spikes.
SusaneVind_tiara.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Do you know where I can find a HQ/high rez copy of this portrait of The Princess Royal?
princess-anne-60th.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1338414587|3206356 said:
Today the official part of the State Visit started and King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited the War Memorial of Korea in Seoul. Her Majesty wore her necklace of twisted rows of pearls, new pearl and diamond earrings (half pearl in bezel setting with a diamond underneath) and the brooch that she wore at the Te Deum after Princess Estelle's birth:
WarMemorialSKorea2012.jpg
Photo courtesy Daylife

Here is a close up of the brooch - it looks like a rosette/cockade in white gold with a conch pearl/coral in the middle:
SilviaBroochCrop.jpg

Bobby

Correction - the earrings are not new. Previously we've seen them wore with a red/ruby bead below the diamond:

73715546-queen-silvia-of-sweden-stands-in-the-garden-gettyimages.jpg
Photo by Junko Kimura/Getty Images

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
At the return dinner Queen Silvia wore her modern V-shaped diamond necklace with its original cabochon emerald pendant, the matching earrings and modern bar brooch:
20120531_PD1503.jpg
Photo courtesy JONAS EKSTRÖMER / Scanpix Sweden / picturedesk.com

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1338495606|3206906 said:
At the return dinner Queen Silvia wore her modern V-shaped diamond necklace with its original cabochon emerald pendant, the matching earrings and modern bar brooch:
20120531_PD1503.jpg
Photo courtesy JONAS EKSTRÖMER / Scanpix Sweden / picturedesk.com

Bobby

I love the emerald earrings and necklace, but the brooch gets totally lost against the print of the dress.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Interesting video...it would appear they put more effort into making this exhibit accurate than they do some of their dinosaur exhibits.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results