shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Oh, mlk, how exciting. Hope it's a sticky one!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, how exciting! Huge congrats & lots of sticky dust to you. :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MLK, I don't think .22 degrees is enough to worry about. Test again tomorrow though. Sticky dust headed your way!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Meresal and bright, thanks fir your positive vibes but I'm not going to get ahead of myself just yet as I had a temp drop and a bfn on the frer. Maybe it was a false alarm or a evap line

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

MLK--I hope you get that BFP tomorrow!

Bright--If you react to the True Blood books the way I did, you will need to have the entire series at hand because you will devour them. Are you in Chicago? If so, you can borrow mine! The books are as addictive as the show, and more dangerous because they're all right there, just waiting to be read.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Thanks haven. Hope I can join you in jbp soon!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Ok I think I was able to get a photo, although its not very clear.

The top one is last night, 8dpo and the bottom two are 9dpo morning and night.

8-9dpo.JPG

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, those are some great looking lines, lady! Your 8dpo test looks about like mine did at 12dpo so I think you're in good shape. :appl:
So happy for you...

Haven, I did get the whole true blood series (I think-how many are there?).
I'm in NYC so probably a little far to pop by your place but thanks for the offer! :wink2:
Hope you're feeling better.

Meresal, re: the FB/FF promo, I was curious as to whether or not people could see you signed up for FF on FB.
Good luck to you. Hope your stay here is short & sweet.

Sarah, glad your bcp symptoms are gone. Yay! Good luck.

Mia, hope you're feeling better. Stress can sometimes delay o or cause an anovulatory cycle. Any unusual stress for you lately (aside from your 1st month ttc?)

Hi to everyone else.

Afm, starting to feel a bit better. Good thing as its been a rough couple of weeks.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

MLK, I think you're knocked up! I wouldn't sweat the temp dip either. I hope you have a sticky bean in there! Congrats! :appl:

Mer, I'm interested to see if your temp spiked this am. For me, I get a dip in temp either the day before I O or the day of O. I definitely hear you on the decision to have another child being difficult. When you have the first you're sort of blissfully ignorant to how hard it will be. And that first year is HARD. DH has always been a really involved dad and I never really felt like he wasn't pulling his weight BUT our relationship as a couple was extremely difficult in the first year of DS's life. We saw a therapist for a pretty good stretch and we both found it really helpful. If nothing else, it provides a lot of perspective. I think that the awareness we have now coupled with the effort we've put into focusing on our relationship will make us a-ok the next go around. That's not to say it won't be hard because it will be but I don't think it will be as much of a blow to our relationship.

Bright, I've been thinking of you. I'm so sad that this bean didn't stick but relieved for you that you didn't have to have another D&C. I just wish you didn't have to suffer through all of this at all! Here's to hoping that your plan becomes clear and means a sticky bean VERY soon.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

MLK, those definitely do not look evap lines, so an early congratulations to you! You must have had an early implanter, and some really sensitive tests. You should hopefully see that line darkening up in the next few days, and I would bet your FRER will be coming up positive soon and maybe even a digital. Fingers crossed for you that you've got a healthy, sticky bean!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, glad you are starting to feel a little better. Hope you enjoy the weekend. And just so you know, all of my BFP dust will be headed your way just as soon as you are physically and emotionally ready to try again!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Pupp, thanks. I'm relieved to avoid the d&c too (assuming everything passes as it should) but still sad about this process. I hope we get a sticky bean soon. Thanks for sharing your experience with me, btw. If you hadn't, I would've been concerned at being on day 10 of bleeding. I hope the end is in sight. 
TMI alert-Things have been getting browner & I passed a rather large clot this am so I hope this is the beginning of the end. 
I can imagine how hard the first year is even with a supportive & helpful dh. Sleep deprivation never made anyone more resourceful. Glad you found a great support network & therapist to help & you guys came out even stronger than before. 

MP, thanks for your support  & sticky bean dust.  Hugs to you & bumby. 

amc80

Ideal_Rock

BrightSpot|1337949656|3203426 said:
Meresal, re: the FB/FF promo, I was curious as to whether or not people could see you signed up for FF on FB.

It would, but you can block it from appearing in your friends' news feeds. That's what I did...

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MLK, those lines look great! Sticky dust to you!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Well, just lost my first post back from a 2 year hiatus. I forgot how much that sucks. Ugh.

Anyway,
Bright, I did block it, but then saw it in my likes and went in to make sure I had hidden it as well. Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Hugs.

Pupp- Thank you for posting that. It is nice to hear that other people are dealing with the same things. Everyone is always quick to talk about how wonderful their kids are, but people are very secretive about how it is effecting them and their relationship with their SO.
I was really close to going thru with it last night, and then Christopher started screaming thru the monitor, out of nowhere. Needless to say, it didn't happen. lol. Just reminded me about those nighttime wake-ups :nono:

As for my temp, it dipped back to 96.9 at 7am. I took a opk with first morning pee and it was negative, and since you said something about it here, I went ahead and took one again (230pm) and it was positive. So, CD13 last month, and CD16 this month. Now I know that when I start to see a faint line, I am a few days away.

Here is a picture of the two from today. AM on top and afternoon one on bottom. Also, the one on top is similar to the ones I have been seeing for the last 2 or 3 days, if not a little lighter... which is why after the negative this morning, I was thinking that I had missed it all together.

LH test 52512 Meresalb.JPG

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mer, yay for a positive! Even though we're TTC, DH and I totally have what we call "birth control" moments with N! :lol: And sometimes he literally is birth control. We're getting all comfy in bed, turn out the lights, shut the door and bam! He's up. :roll:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Pupp, that is how we were last night! ha. I was ready and we were making the moves toward that direction, and then Deuce comes screaming thru the monitor after being asleep for over 2 hours. Needless to say, nothing happened, and being reminded of midnight wake-ups right before DTD is about all the BC I need at this point :nono:

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Bright, Pupp, Monkey and JGator thanks for your reassurance and dust.

This morning, 10dpo I got these....

DH is being very cautious and pessimistic, I don't think he ever thought he'd see the day - his mother raised him to be the one staying a home, looking after them and having no life of his own, so he never really planned to marry or have children, or was never willing to admit it, but thats another story.

Anyway, I told the two most important people today, my parents, when I visited the cemetary for my father's anniversay, I really think the timing of all of this has so much significance. I asked them to look after us.

I know its way too early, but wow I have been running to the bathroom all day. I'm sure there is much worse to come.

FRER.JPG

CB.JPG

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, I am so happy for you! I am also very glad to hear that you were able to tell your parents first. How wonderful for you AND for them!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

MLK, congratulations! No mistaking those! Just so you know, my DH was super cautious too at first. I think it was his way of trying to protect me in case anything went wrong, and for guys it is just a lot harder to wrap their minds around. Don't worry, he'll come around.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

MLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Congratulations!!!!!!!! Woo hoo! See? That wasn't so hard was it? ;)) Aw your visit to your parents was so sweet and touching! Come and visit me here some time I'm gonna miss you!

AFM, Well I'll post more and respond to others in a few days. I am swamped with work and gearing up for a few days off so I was just popping in to say congrats to MLK. But for right now I *think* I ovulated. My temp went from 97.04 to 97.5 yesterday which is above the coverline but not super high. Unfortunately, today I woke up and my BBT was missing. I looked all around my bed as much as I could without moving but I suspected my dog got it and I got out of bed briefly to look for it and when I got up I noticed the sore spot under my knee where I was laying on it! :rolleyes: I don't know what happened, I think I must have woken up earlier and tried to temp but fell back asleep and that's where it ended up. Either way the temp of 97.5 that it gave me is probably not accurate because of the moving around I did and if anything seems a little low for 2DPO. Unfortunately I will be drinking alcohol tonight which usually raises my temperature so tomorrow's temp will not be reliable either. Oh well... It's not like we have a chance anyway since our last BD would be 6 days before ovulation. We had given up for this cycle. Just really hoping I am in my LP right now so we start over soon!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations MLK!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mia, sounds like a stressful morning... hope your day got better! Dust for the next month being a better one :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my goodness, mlk! Eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! SO excited for you!!!! :appl: :appl:

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

MLK! I am so excited, huge huge congrats!!!!!!!!! :D

AFM: Still not sure I actually Oed. I got three +OPKs last week (3 of them were Wondfos, but I also got two days of positive clear blue digital OPKs). However, my temp has not changed. It barely went up then dropped back down. I did figure out my thermometer sucks..so I ordered a new one. Also I was sleep deprived a few nights..so who knows. Anyway, we will see if I actually Oed. If my cycle is still the same as last month AF is supposed to come next Saturday, so I could start taking some HPTs next week. As of right now I feel nothing symptom-wise aside from a bit moody. In other, unrelated news, my nephew was born yesterday!! So exciting! :)

How is everyone's memorial day weekend?!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Mia, Meresal, Monkey, Lizzy, Sarah and Dandi, thank you all for your congratulations. I'm still hanging in there, cautiously excited. I am 12dpo today, AF is due tomorrow, so I thibnk once I get over that hurdle, I will feel a little better. Today was busy trying to pick an OB and a hospital, so overwhelming, especially I don't have any friends who have given birth in my area of Sydney. Anyway, I think I have found an OB and hopefully will have must first appointment (other than my GP) in about 3-4 weeks.

Mia, of course I will drop in here and cheer you all on! You ladies gave me so much support, now its my turn.

MIa, Sarah and Meresal, I hope you were all able to catch your O this month and all seem to be in the TWW together. Best of locu to you all!

Bright, thinking of you and hoping everything is going as smoothly as possible.

HI to everyone esle :wavey:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Mlk, glad to hear you found an OB, and I hope they work out. Still very excited for you. When I was preggo the first time, none of my local friends had babies, but I was lucky to have one friend only a month ahead of me pregnancy wise. It is really nice to spend some time with some other ladies in the same boat. I hope you can find one or two nice ones :) Other than that, this place was absolutely wonderful.

I had two days of +OPK's, then yesterday was a negative, and today my temp went up to 98.1. I'm almost always around 97.1 or lower. Not sure what that means, but I figured my temp hike would be yesterday, since I had the -OPK late afternoon, but maybe it just means that I ovulated in the AM? Not sure, any thoughts?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

I haven't been around here since March :!: but thought i'd come and have a peek.

Congratulations to all the recent, and not so recent BFP's!

Bright, i'm so sorry about your loss, but i'm glad to see that the 'process' is nearly over for you. {hugs}.

AFM, my high holiday hopes turned out to be a big fizzer. I got sick about 3 days in to the trip (both with a flu and bali belly) and was sick for the rest of the trip. Needless to say it wasn't much of a holiday or anniversary and there wasn't much of anything going on if you know what i mean! poor DH.

This is my 21st cycle off of BC and we are at the point where we feel like it is not going to happen for us. I'm ok with that because as much as we wanted to have a baby, life will be a lot easier (financially) without one! Plus our kids are pretty much grown up as well. We keep joking that we will be grey nomads within about 5 years and that we should just wait for the grand children. :cheeky: So we are still taking the what will be will be approach. Last night we had dinner with my SIL and she said that she had been to a clairvoyant that week. She showed her a picture of DH and I and the clairvoyant said that we would have a boy and name him after our fathers. We have always said that if we ever had a boy we would name him after DH's dad. SIL never knew this though, and doesn't know (well no one does) that we have been 'trying' for nearly 2 years. So maybe just when i thought all hope was lost, maybe it's not? :loopy:

Hope everyone gets their BFP's soon! x

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

meresal|1338213998|3205040 said:
I had two days of +OPK's, then yesterday was a negative, and today my temp went up to 98.1. I'm almost always around 97.1 or lower. Not sure what that means, but I figured my temp hike would be yesterday, since I had the -OPK late afternoon, but maybe it just means that I ovulated in the AM? Not sure, any thoughts?

Forgive me if i'm wrong as i am very rusty with the OPK's and haven't used them for months, but doesn't a positive OPK mean that you are gearing up to O in the next 24 hours? They don't actually mean that you have O'ed? So judging by your temp spike today and your positive OPK yesterday, that today could possibly be O day?

Sha

Ideal_Rock

hawaiianorangetree|1338344045|3205892 said:
meresal|1338213998|3205040 said:

Forgive me if i'm wrong as i am very rusty with the OPK's and haven't used them for months, but doesn't a positive OPK mean that you are gearing up to O in the next 24 hours? They don't actually mean that you have O'ed? So judging by your temp spike today and your positive OPK yesterday, that today could possibly be O day?

YOu might have O'd in the very late pm or early AM, is my guess. I think O usually happens sometime close to when the opk goes negative - not sure if it's before or after it goes negative, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results