shape
carat
color
clarity

A good deal for one of you lovely ladies in charlottesville?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: A good deal for one of you lovely ladies in charlottesvi

OK, my loss for not taking a chance :(( :blackeye:

I need your .97 to put with my two .5+ G/H OECs I have. Do you still want to sell it :Up_to_something:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was you!!! Congratulations on finding your 3 stone! If I remember correctly, 7 mm was your perfect size and this is so close, it counts! And it was a steal at that price. I'm so excited for you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Rhea|1337948496|3203420 said:
It was you!!! Congratulations on finding your 3 stone! If I remember correctly, 7 mm was your perfect size and this is so close, it counts! And it was a steal at that price. I'm so excited for you!

I am oping that when I unset it and have a lab report made, that somewhere on the perimieter it is 7mm :halo: My calipers say 6.97 at once spot! haha!

I could not go any bigger in a three stone like this and feel comfortable wearing it. As it is now, it is *almost* too big!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

dreamer, can you talk me through how you negotiated? I want something like this later in life, and am not so good about the negotiating side. Just as a learning tool for me in the years to come :)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

BrightIce, I am a believer in Karma and having everything click into place when something is just meant to be. :wink2: Kudos to you and Mico for having a hand in it. I will be pulling for you to get your "puzzle piece."

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D|1337952711|3203454 said:
Rhea|1337948496|3203420 said:

I am oping that when I unset it and have a lab report made, that somewhere on the perimieter it is 7mm :halo: My calipers say 6.97 at once spot! haha!

I could not go any bigger in a three stone like this and feel comfortable wearing it. As it is now, it is *almost* too big!

Oh, you'll manage. :cheeky:

Set, my center is about 7mm with the bezels by my rough measurements. It ain't too big. :bigsmile: Get blingy stackers too, is my vote, hahaha!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Xiriah|1337556325|3199932 said:
bright ice|1337551793|3199892 said:
Xiriah|1337549657|3199880 said:

What do you think it's worth?

It's hard to tell without seeing the stones up close. They also don't have the diameters of the stones listed. I've seen 0.60-0.80ct OECs going for $650-1000 on eBay. I haven't seen too many 1.25ct OECs lately, but when I do, the sellers are usually asking $2000+. I've seen auctions end for at least over $1500. If you want to make an offer, I'd consider $3500. At that price, it wouldn't be a steal of a deal (to me) but it would be a pretty good price. The good thing is that the seller has a return policy, but you might want to message them just to double check. The most I'd be willing to pay would be $4500. I hope Dreamer sees this thread and chimes in.

At $3500, I think it would have been a steal. At the price Dreamer paid, it was still a steal, IMHO. 3 stones, matched well in a setting she can wear to boot. Color and clarity is obviously a factor in the final bottom line on whether it was a "steal" but with ebay, if it's what you want, well cut, and beautiful, I really don't care as much about the final stats. Dreamer's been looking for ages and to get it all in one hit is pretty much prices.

Kudos to Mico and BI for helping this along. I saw this when Mico first posted and thought it was a great buy for the asking price.

Jsbasket

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie - Dreamer told me about this website, so this is my first post. I just had to tell you all how fabulous your discussion has been. The ring was mine, and I feel like a proud mother - absolutely thrilled that the "experts" love the ring as much as I did, and that it was bought by someone who will appreciate it as much as I did. I love jewelry - especially diamonds, but feel strongly that material possessions are to be enjoyed but not worshiped, so I don't hold on to anything too long before I either sell it or give it to one of my kids. Then I can justify getting something else :) since the "hunt" is half of the fun. Obviously there are some folks on this website who agree that looking for the perfect item is half the fun.

I told Dreamer that if the ring doesn't meet her expectations she can send it back. I have a new found appreciation for it after reading your comments, so if it comes home it will probably stay with me for a while :). I hope she'll love it though, as it appears meant to be! She was incredibly helpful and amazingly honest, and I hope that the ring will bring her great happiness. My best to all of you!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jsbasket|1337983735|3203888 said:
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie - Dreamer told me about this website, so this is my first post. I just had to tell you all how fabulous your discussion has been. The ring was mine, and I feel like a proud mother - absolutely thrilled that the "experts" love the ring as much as I did, and that it was bought by someone who will appreciate it as much as I did. I love jewelry - especially diamonds, but feel strongly that material possessions are to be enjoyed but not worshiped, so I don't hold on to anything too long before I either sell it or give it to one of my kids. Then I can justify getting something else :) since the "hunt" is half of the fun. Obviously there are some folks on this website who agree that looking for the perfect item is half the fun.

I told Dreamer that if the ring doesn't meet her expectations she can send it back. I have a new found appreciation for it after reading your comments, so if it comes home it will probably stay with me for a while :). I hope she'll love it though, as it appears meant to be! She was incredibly helpful and amazingly honest, and I hope that the ring will bring her great happiness. My best to all of you!

Welcome! It's a beautiful suite of stones, so you did a great job! I don't blame you for keeping it if it comes back, but I don't think Dreamer will be giving it up. However if she takes it apart and sells the stones separately, I WILL KILL HER. :cheeky:

And it should have said "priceless" in my post above re: finding exactly what you want.

btw, if you want to adopt me.... :naughty:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Jsbasket|1337983735|3203888 said:

hiii!!! I'm so sad i never contacted you when you were on craigslist but you had said local meet up only!!! I'm north of you so it wouldn't have worked. :(

I'm glad you found PS, welcome!

Jsbasket

Rough_Rock

Sorry about that - when I posted the other rings, I got so many "scammers" who claimed to be overseas and unavailable to view the ring, but would be sending me money in excess so that I could "pay" their courier that I put that on to discourage them. I think those e-mails just auto-generate, because the offers kept coming.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

bright ice, i found another goodie, want me to sent you the info? i'm scared to post it this time ;-)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Mico|1337997952|3204023 said:
bright ice, i found another goodie, want me to sent you the info? i'm scared to post it this time ;-)

Didn't you post this ring (the one that Dreamer got) hoping someone would get it though? It's not like anyone stole it out from under you?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

i did! no one got it under me, i'm far too inexperienced, but it sounds like something she's been looking for and in this case i'd want her to have first dibs, but i'm all about sharing if you're interested too :)

it looks pretty, but description has it as an I1, so i dunno

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

lol, nah, I already have my 3 stone...unless I want a divorce, I'm good!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mico|1337997952|3204023 said:

Send it on, if I don't get it maybe someone else will :Up_to_something: ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well guys, I bought it about a week or more after it was posted here, and did not see this posting until after I independently found it on ebay to boot. I think that gave everyone ample time to jump on it if they were going to ;)) The pics made it a risky buy. It could as easily have gone pear shape and you would all be dancing a jig that you were smart enough to pass! 8)

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

Aww dreamer, no one said you stole it or implied. Let's not let this thread get boggled down by something that was never said. You had an amazing buy that you found on your own. Congrats! And I'm still up for negotiation lessons if you'd ever start a class ;-).

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Welcome Jsbasket! You are going to be another one I watch for pre loved forum posts :wink2: I will happily ride the coattails of the PSers who need to part with beautiful things. I agree with your "material" comment. So glad you did list on Ebay. Craigslist is SO risky when it comes to high priced items and scammers.
DD, don't explain girl!! It was publicly posted on the internet. You turned out to be the "lovely lady." I officially unsubscribed to this thread and am following your other "lookey what I found" thread to see how you MOVE FORWARD!! :appl: Can't wait!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results