shape
carat
color
clarity

August Vintage round decision

Shannie

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First of all, thanks for all posts that I have learned so much from. I found the August vintage cushion on here and then decided to seriously take a look at the rounds. I wound up reserving 2 rounds to look at :
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9167
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/9272

Trying to figure out if the larger diamond is worth the extra 2K... Also thinking about setting it in a Sholdt fremont setting (472). Any opinions are welcome, as well as setting suggestions...
Thanks!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How far apart are the measurements between the two? Have you confirmed that the medium flour. on the I doesn't make it hazy in certain lighting conditions? If not, I'd want to see I'd there's a visual size difference between the two and then I'd want to make sure that either the I or J are acceptable colors to me (personally, I'd be fine with it. Have you seen both colors in person?)

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
I don't think the size difference would be that obvious. If it were me, I would go with the I color with fluorescence!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That looks like the very well traveled J that spent time with me, Yaytacori and also one other person. There's a couple of threads on it and here is a photo of the J in natural lighting when I was viewing it with the H I ended up with. It is a really beautiful stone, it just didn't suit my setting.

jhb.jpg

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
There is about .30mm difference in the diameter of those two stones. I think the I stone with fluorescence is really nice and it looks as if the inclusion can be pronged. I think it is your best buy at $2,000 less than the J. I love stones with blue fluorescence. I'm really surprised someone hasn't bought it before now.

You could ask GOG to do a video of the two stones to compare. I vote the .8 I SI2.

D

Deactivated member 42515

The infamous J that always seems to barely miss the mark. It's a beautiful stone! Either decision you make, Its gonna be amazing. But if I gotta choose, I'd pick the I also.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
ariel144|1337985953|3203925 said:
There is about .30mm difference in the diameter of those two stones. I think the I stone with fluorescence is really nice and it looks as if the inclusion can be pronged. I think it is your best buy at $2,000 less than the J. I love stones with blue fluorescence. I'm really surprised someone hasn't bought it before now.

You could ask GOG to do a video of the two stones to compare. I vote the .8 I SI2.

For perspective I thought that I'd mention that .1mm is the width of a sheet of copy paper, so your looking at approx 3 sheets in diameter, sounds small but I think it would be a visual difference. worth the extra 2k? Only you can decide that.

Shannie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your replies so far... both are coming to me tomorrow... so I can see for myself size difference and color difference. I will try and take pics and post. But there are so many great pics of the 0.93 J already. It has traveled around..lol. I should concentrate on taking pics of the 0.8 I. It will be interesting to see the affect of fluorescence.
Any setting ideas? I keep changing my mind... Sholdt does nice work...and there is Bev K too.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Shannie|1337993378|3203992 said:
Thanks for your replies so far... both are coming to me tomorrow... so I can see for myself size difference and color difference. I will try and take pics and post. But there are so many great pics of the 0.93 J already. It has traveled around..lol. I should concentrate on taking pics of the 0.8 I. It will be interesting to see the affect of fluorescence.
Any setting ideas? I keep changing my mind... Sholdt does nice work...and there is Bev K too.

That is really exciting to be getting both stones...will be interesting to see which one you like best. As far as settings, I would go to several jewelry stores and try on rings and see which style you like best on your hand and go from there. So much variety that until you try them on you can't really know, especially by just looking at pictures.

I love the Victor Canera set with french cuts on the shank....but then I love so many others as well.

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock
I love the J ... if you decide you are going to send it back ... could you please let me know? :mrgreen:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wish I got air miles on my card with the travel of that J. :tongue:

catia

Shiny_Rock
I had the J also LOL --yaytacori's pics are spot on perfect for what this stone looks like in real life.
She is a beauty, I just love cushions more than rounds, wanted bigger chunkiness & went with an AVC.

Any pics of the I with flouro from diff views? I'd be curious to see the differences btwn the stones.

Yes, the J is very well traveled :) kind of like that garden gnome that got it's pics taken all across the USA.

Shannie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

It is a tough decision here....both are beautiful in every way. The biggest differences are the size difference firstly, the culet versus no culet and the very slight color difference. Love the cut...so happy I have them both home to look at and figure out what I want to do.. If I can post pics of the 0.80 I, I will definitely do so...

catia

Shiny_Rock
I'll probably get negative reaction to this post but-hey--it's what I did...one of the things anyway..

Go to Lowes Home store with BOTH & check them out in that lighting :) you will see a serious display--you might not ever leave the store!!!

(Also compare in sunlight & other types of light too)

Shannie

Rough_Rock
Hey all... I wound up going up with 0.80 I round. I just returned the 0.93 J, which is a very beautiful stone. I definitely would have chosen that stone if I hadn't found the 0.80. Thanks for all your help... and I went with a Timeless Designs halo with plain shank instead of the Sholdt, though still a fan of the setting.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your choice...the I with blue fl. would have been my choice too for the price...as they are both great performers and not much difference in size. Fl. is such an added bonus. Can't wait to see it set.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I love the blue flour. Good choice

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results