carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

meresal|1337281013|3197516 said:
Ladies that are using FertilityFriend... my free "special VIP membership" trial is over in 8 days. Is it free after that to have just a basic program, or do I need to purchase to continue using the calendar and tracker?

The basic site is free, but use will lose some of the historical details if you switch from VIP. You'll still have your basic chart, though. Tip- like FF on facebook and right now they have a link for a special discount. That's what I did. I can't remember how much it was but it was cheap.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Thanks girls!

I went to the Facebook promo, and it is only $25 for the year... says it is normally $120. Who knows? lol, but I went ahead and purchased it, because they make it easy!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that's a steal! I guess facebook is good for something. :bigsmile:

mlk

Shiny_Rock

HI ladies... weekend finally here and I have to work...boo.

Mia, hope you have o'd. I think once you get a positive opk you are spposed to bd every day until you see a temp rise.

Bright, I can only imagine how hard mother's day was for you and now your SIl going into labour. I really hope things progress naturally for you (with the help of some drugs) and you are spared a d & C.

Meresal, I know how hard it is to sit out a month, it was agony for me to do that, and it seems like that was my only normal month so far.

AFM, cd 23 here. Not sure I ahve o'ded yet, depsite getting a positive opk 4 days ago, have not really had much of a temp rise, although cm seems to have dried up and my cervix is lower and kinda closed. Maybe tomorrow will be a temp rise. I am not holding out much hope at the moment because my accupuncturist told me last night the best change i had of getting pg was to quit my job and not work. That's not gonna happen until I have a baby, so a bit of a catch 22 there. She definately thinks I have adrenal fatigue which means my body won't allow me to get pregnant as it could not support a pregnancy. Yay, lucky me, I still don't catch a break and the last 4 years which I had finally thought I had moved on from are coming back to haunt me. Meanwhile there were 3 prenancies announced at work this week and everyone around me seems to have a baby, so DH and I have been in the shops every week for the last month buying presents for other people's babies. Life really sucks at times, doesn't it?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hey mlk,

How long have you been trying? How long have you been off BCP? I forgot, I'm sorry. :cry: I'm sorry that you're feeling really down though and hope that you had a nice temp shift today! If you don't ovulate this month and have another anovulatory cycle, I don't think you should wait to see a doctor specifically about your ovulation delays, regardless of how long you've been trying. The good news is, ovulation issues are 1. the most common fertility issue and 2. the easiest to fix. :))

ETA: I went back real fast (I'm on limited time, sorry). I wonder if you just need a little boost from something like clomid if your ovulating late and your LP temps are low-ish? Hmmm.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

HI Tammy, thanks for chiming in. This is my 4th cycle so I know its only early days yet, I don't think anyone would even see me at this stage. I do go back to my hopeless endo (not RE) in about 4 weeks, so I am going to ask him for his thoughts on my cycles, temps etc, but as it is not his specialty, he will probably fob me off. My accupuncturist has put my on some herbs for adrenal support and feel much better (except for the damn flu). Its also my first wedding anniversary on MOnday, so have been indulgoing this weekend, which is nice to escape all the TTC thoughts for a little while (have been indulgoing in some red wine and champagne but as i'm only 4 dpo (I think) today, i'm sure it is ok.

Tammy, what is your plan now that you have got your ultrasound results, is it clomid?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Hey MLK- I know it's early, and I looked at some statistics that indicated that it takes couples an average 4 months to conceive, but if I were you I'd probably be making some phone calls. Not because I think anything is wrong with you but I just don't believe you should have to see a doctor that you feel is dismissive. I have a history of messed up cycles and when I brought my charts in for my old OBGYN to look at pre-TTC, he told me to call him after 3 cycles. I know you are still young, etc, but that rule of giving it a full year before seeing someone if you are under 35 is only if there is no evidence that something may be off and your cycles are regular/short/long enough LP. That's what my doc said at least! That said this could still totally be your cycle, only 70% of couples get pregnant withing the first 6 months. I'm glad you are letting yourself indulge! DH insists on no alcohol for me in the 2WW even before confirming O. I've tried to explain that it should be fine and the embryo doesn't share the blood for a while (or even implant) but he said it would make him more comfortable if I abstained. It's a good thing I don't really like wine but last night was a little tough because I went out with friends and no cocktails for me.

Meresal Nice to see you popping in again. Wow! That is a steal on FF!

AFM, Today is CD21 and my temp was way up this morning but I counted it as a disrupted temp because I went out last night and got to bed around 4am so I didn't trust my temp. Hoping to get that rise tomorrow. Our BD was pathetically timed this cycle because I ovulated late and we were already tired of the routine before I even got the + on the OPK. We do have a bit of a spread on my chart so I think we do have a slight chance. I'll post my chart when/if I get a temp rise. My CP and CM have been confusing this cycle, and add the OPK and delayed (if I get one) temp rise and I'm not going to be really sure exactly when I did O if I do. I'm over hoping to be pregnant this cycle and now I'm just hoping I do ovulate. I'll keep you posted on how it plays out!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Too patient, thanks for the book recommendations. I actually think I received U for Undertow as a gift but haven't read it yet. Do you think it's better to start with a though?

Mlk, I'm sorry you've been feeling down but glad your acupuncturist is helping you feel a bit better. Happy anniversary! Hope you & your dh can enjoy your celebration. Do you think you o'd? Fingers crossed. 

Meresal, welcome back!  Good deal on ff! Do all your fb friends know you're ttc now?

Mia, hope your temp is up to
tomorrow too & you're officially in the 2ww. Fingers crossed!

Haven, thanks for the recommendations. I loved the divine secrets book & also watch & enjoy true blood, but haven't read the books. The others look interesting too-will check them out. Hope you're feeling better & something is helping with the nausea. 

Prana, thanks for chiming in on books too! I definitely agree
that series are nice. I read & enjoyed the millennium trilogy (dragon tattoo, etc) & just finished the hunger games. I really didn't think I'd enjoy the latter as I don't read much YA/sci fi stuff, but, while they were really violent, I found them very engrossing. So maybe it's time to consider other genres. 

Hi to everyone else. 

In non-literary news, u/s yesterday confirmed things are progressing nicely, which is good news. However, it's also been quite uncomfortable so I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible. Fortunately the weather has been gorgeous so I'm enjoying a little birthday picnic in the park today. 

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. 

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hello all!

Mer, I also bought the FF thing, super excited to get to charting. I've been doing it this month so far. Hoping that I O soon!!

Bright..I hope you enjoyed your picnic.

ETA: Thanks MLK! So far this month has been much better! Woohoo! What about you, how was your weekend? :wavey:

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

BrightSpot|1337543133|3199831 said:

Prana, thanks for chiming in on books too! I definitely agree
that series are nice. I read & enjoyed the millennium trilogy (dragon tattoo, etc) & just finished the hunger games. I really didn't think I'd enjoy the latter as I don't read much YA/sci fi stuff, but, while they were really violent, I found them very engrossing. So maybe it's time to consider other genres. 

In non-literary news, u/s yesterday confirmed things are progressing nicely, which is good news. However, it's also been quite uncomfortable so I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible. Fortunately the weather has been gorgeous so I'm enjoying a little birthday picnic in the park today. 

Hope everyone's having a nice weekend. 
Hi Bright. I'm sorry that you are having some discomfort and pain. I hope that this time passes quickly for you, so you can move on with your plans and treatments. You seem to be hanging in there the best you possibly can, and you're still in my thoughts.

On the book note-if you liked the Hunger Games, the Overlander Chronicles that I mentioned are by the same author. That's actually how I found them...I loved the Hunger Games so much that I wanted to read more by the author, so I read the Overlander Chronicles and loved them too!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

CD24, my temp is still low, CM is creamy, CP is inconclusive... I'm really bummed :(( We've officially stopped trying for the cycle. I have a bad feeling that I am not even going to ovulate. I can't believe this is happening after a bunch of really regular cycles. Great timing! I wish I could have an "on to the next cycle" attitude but that's really hard to have when you have no idea when the next cycle will begin. I kinda wish I could get that pill that starts your period right now. Well, at least I can consume lots of alcohol when my brother and his FI come to town next week...

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Mia, can I just say aaaargh for you. I know how frustrating a delayed O is, especially when its your first month trying. Maybe you have o'd and your temps ahven't confirmed it yet? Maybe post your chart, the ladies on here are so knowedgeable and helpful. I have heard many many stories of women ovulating way later than you, like day 40 or 50 and still conceiving, so its not over yet, although I do know what the burnout is like. Perhaps if you see EWCM again, try every second or third day until it dries up, at least you would still be in with a chance.

Sarah, had a lovely weekend, thanks for asking, are you coming up to o time yet? How are you feeling this month? Have the effects of BCP gone away?

Tammy, I read your post on the 6+ month thread, how annoying and frustrating for you. Just my two cents, but I would get a second opinion and without further delay, even if you were under 35 and had been trying over 6 months, but you felt like there was something wrong, then a dr should not turn you away.

Bright, sorry to hear you are having some discomfort and pain. It must be some relief that you won't have to go through what you went through last time.

AFM, I think I am 6dpo, but FF is saying i'm 8dpo but I had EWCM for 2-3 more days, so I will go by my instinct. NO symptom spotting this time, I got myself so worked up the first month, I have to swear off doing that for my own sanity. I am trying to decide whether I will test this time or wait for AF, it is just so tempting to know, I guess I will have a fair idea of whether I am out when my temp starts dropping in a few days or so.

I can't believe how quiet this thread has got. To all those lurkers out there, please come in ad join us!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

MLK Yay for 6-8DPO! And 2WW! I have all fingers and toes crossed for you! I can't believe we didn't get to be 2WW buddies because we were right in sync for a while there. Yes, frustrated is a mild word for how I am feeling right now... I'm floating between ;( "I'll NEVER get pregnant," :sun: "Just relax Mia it's not a big deal, what's the hurry..." and :angryfire: "Thanks a lot DH for making me wait when I O'd on CD16 last cycle" It's just all the unknowns that are killing me. It's not a big deal if I ovulate today and then can try again next month, but it's a HUGE deal if today I am on CD25 of an 89 day cycle... Or if AF comes tomorrow and it was anovulatory. I just don't know if this is one time or if this is just the beginning. I've said it before but 3 years ago when I started charting I had very irregular cycles and 3 of my first 11 cycles looked anovulatory and one was 89 days long but I did ovulate. Then I took a break from charting and then I had 4 great charts before this one.
So what happened? My husband thinks it's because I am monitoring it, but I think that is silly. I am not stressed about it, or stressed in general so I don't think that could be it.

Here's my chart... there's no room for interpretation, my post-O temps are usually ~97.7

Okay I'm going to try and go back to NBD Mia :sun:

maychartpreo.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone!

Mlk I am glad your weekend went well! I am doing well, my BCP symptoms are gone, FINALLY! I think I am Oing today. I've been charting and it looks like it's coming..that combined with + Opks 2 days and a row (including a digital one) and fertile CM. So hopefully I will be in the 2WW soon, wish me luck. Good luck for your 2WW!!

How is everyone else doing?

Mia what charting program is that? It looks really complex! I've been using Fertility Friend. Hope things are going well for you, I am sorry you've been stressed!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Sarah, I think that's TCOYF's online one. I tried it when I first started charting but found that I liked FF's simplicity so I hopped on the FB promo too a couple of months after I realized the VIP trial wasn't going to be long enough for me, lol.

Sorry I've been MIA over here. Nothing new to report, really. Just in limbo land for a while.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Hey girls... I really need to get better about checking this place, so sorry. I have been off the PS radar for so long, I am just not used to checking often enough. You girls are so sweet to give my posts the time of day, even though we aren't even doing TTC for real yet.

I am going to start with a "me" post, and then follow with answers to you posts :)

I started using the OPK's last month, and thought that I had a + at CD13, but I am thinking I may have read it wrong. I am now at CD15 of this month, and no +'s so far. I don't know how much they are supposed to vary each month, but seems off. Any advice?

However, now that we are later into the cycle than planned and my trip is only a week and a half away, we may go ahead and TTC this month. Who knows though.

Ok, now onto following up with your posts!

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Glad to hear a few of you got the promo as well. FF makes it so easy, so I am glad that we are not going to lose a good tool!

Mlk: Looks like I might be following in your footsteps as far as only having a normal month. This is the first "full" month of tracking and it is already throwing me for a loop!
Also, I hope you enjoyed a wonderful anniversary on Monday! Oh, and woohoo on the alcohol! That is always a good way to take a break :naughty:

Hi, Mia. Been too long! It's crazy to think how much I was on here for so long, and then to just not have time anymore. I think leaving the job that I hated had a lot to do with that, as well as the kiddo ;-)

Bright, thank you! I have not said anything to anyone other than a few (re: one or two) VERY close friends. I know so many people that are pregnant right now, it is a little ridiculous. It's a new 12w ultrasound pic on Facebook pretty much every week.

Good luck Sarah! Positive thoughts!

Ok, I think I got everyone :bigsmile:

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Mia, Based on your chart, I don't think you have o'd yet. I struggled with some of the symbols but I don't think there has been a temp rise yet. Hang in there and we are here for you to vent your frustrations, we have all been there!

Tammy, that goes for you too. HAve you given any more thought about a second opinion?

Hugs Bright, thinking of you.

Meresal, I always get a positive opk each cycle. What I find is that earlier on in my cycle, the second line is very faint. The day before a positive, the second line gets slightly darker than it was the day before but a little lighter than the control line. THe day of the positive, the second line is clearly darker than the control line and only lasts about 6-12 hours for me. I test twice a day when I think it is close and then 3-4 times a day when I expect a positive (based on the day before).

Sarah, are you in the TWW wait yet? Good luck!

AFM, 8dpo today and I must confess, I POAS, which of course was negative. I said I wasn't going to do it so early this month but I couldnt resist. Trying not to symptom spot is hard, but as I have the flu, so many flu symptoms could be mistook for something much better.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Girls,

MLK I won't scold you, I STILL test from 8 DPO on after now 7 months of daily stark white BFN's. :rolleyes: I've read that little FF blurb every.single.month about how testing at 12 DPO is more than likely the best time to start since like 80% of "false negatives" are accounted for by then. Do I listen? Nope. Head > wall > head > wall. :lol: I think you're still in the game for sure until about 12-13 DPO if you're using wondfo or FRER. There are even some rare late BFP's that don't show up until 14 DPO and beyond, but a majority have by that timeframe. At least that's what Dr. Google, Tammy the FF chart stalker and a few others say, so take it with a grain of salt. :tongue: Good luck this month!! :bigsmile:

Meresal, I haven't formally said hi to you yet because I've been a little AWOL. I hope your stay is short and sweet! You can use your FF membership for the pregnancy boards instead!

Mia, any sign of O yet? I'm sorry your cycle is messing with you! ;( It stinks, but at least your temping so you know where you're at w/your cycle vs floating along clueless and burning hpts. I hope your body gets moving soon, or you can get into your doctor to get some help figuring things out!

Pupp and Sarah, how's it going? That's a short list! Have I missed anyone?

AFM: I'm honestly shocked that I'm over here right now since my temp and stark white wondfos are telling me what I already suspected. I'm 13 DPO, suspect that I'll have a 14 day LP. So that's a good silver lining right? MLK, I have moved from super sad, to SUPER mad, and now SUPER indignant. So yeah, I'm bugging the crap out of my MD until that referral comes through for a proper OB/GYN consult. My doctor said she'll do one, so that's positive! ::) My goal is to be pregnant by August. I'd absolutely love a March/April/May/June baby. That said, I'd take a baby born on ANY day/month of the year at this point. I'm just trying to see the potential positives and take some pressure off of myself to do this NOW, ya know? Anyhow, enough rambling from me. I've missed this thread and the positive vibe. :)

meresal

Ideal_Rock

mlk, that scares me! 3-4 times a day? How long did it take you to realize that you were missing the +O?

I am on CD15, and the last two days there have been a line showing in the "test" area, not faint but not positive either (before that there was nothing)... and today, the line was lighter than the last two days. This is all so confusing.
Also, I have not had any crazy temp shifts. For the last two weeks my temp has been 97.2 or 97.4 and then yesterday it went to 96.9, and then today, back to 97.4
No crazy temp rises or anything. This is hard to figure out... :sick:

Hi Tammy! Hope you get pregnant soon!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mer, I'm wondering if you missed your surge. It may have occurred on the day your temp dipped to 96.9. I wouldn't be surprised if you ovulate today and see a rise tomorrow. Time to get it on! :bigsmile:

Tammy, :wavey: Not much going on here in the TTC department - literally, since AF has decided to hang out for a few days. I'm not gonna lie. I'm totally ready to be knocked up but I'm telling myself the same thing you are - if it takes a few more months, that just means a spring baby!

:wavey: to everyone else. I'm supposed to be working right now. :naughty:

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Pupp, I'll keep you updated. So, does your temp drop when you surge? and then rise when you ovulate? I need to read more about all of this!

DH and I had a tough "talk" last night, but it is mainly because I keep scaring myself out of trying. Pretty much the first entire year of C's life was really bad for our relationship, and I am just scared to go back to that place. We have both changed a lot and DH is still changing, but he has slip ups that scare me (selfishness... not alcohol or anything), and make me worried that we aren't totally ready for this... but then the next day we talk calmly about everything and we are fine. It's just such a hard choice to make.

This is what I do when I am faced with the "unknown"... I get scared and run away. I wasn't kidding when I said all of our pregnancies are going to need to be "accidents" or it won't ever happen. :bigsmile:

ETA: I already tested today, and it was negative, so I will try again this evening. I have been testing at noon/1pm bc it said mid day was best for opk tests, maybe i should switch to mid morning and late afternoon/evening when I think I am getting close...

amc80

Ideal_Rock

meresal|1337890660|3202874 said:
ETA: I already tested today, and it was negative, so I will try again this evening. I have been testing at noon/1pm bc it said mid day was best for opk tests, maybe i should switch to mid morning and late afternoon/evening when I think I am getting close...

Just as an FYI, I could never get a positive any time except with FMU. My pee is just too diluted the rest of the day. Some brands of OPKs specifically say to use or not to use FMU.

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Ok ladies I need your help so sorry in advance fo being me me me today.

Last night after I posted went back upstairs and i saw a very very faint line on the ic. DH couldn't see it but to be honest he was watching telly and thought I was mad.

This morning i woke to another temp drop though not quite as low as the one on 5dpo. I then tested with an ic and a frer. He free was definitely bfn, but I could see a faint line on the ic which DH saw too. I can see it from about a foot away and it came up at about 5 mins. Still pretty faint though.

So my question,'has anyone got a positive on an ic but not a free at 9dpo?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

MLK, hmm... exciting development. I actually had the opposite experience when I got my BFP. I was able to get a very faint line on a FRER two days before my Wondfo was positive. But it all depends on the sensitivity of the tests, which can very from lot to lot, and test to test. What type of test are you using? Is it supposed to be an early detection one? Did the line have color to it? Take a picture! The good news is that with most tests, false positives are rare, so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MLK, sounds positive to me. As long as the line has color then it shouldn't be an evap line. Keeping fingers crossed for you!!!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Monkey, thanks for humouring me.

Can't get a pic as it is raining and very dark here, so camera not getting it.

I did find these pics of someone else's online. I think mine is slightly better

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/iluvpci/IMG_2138.jpg

Ic is from Cpt worldwide and they say can test 7-10dpo

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Ok that didn't work.

I was searching old threads and came across this

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/when-did-you-get-your-bfp.166146/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/when-did-you-get-your-bfp.166146/[/URL]

My test looks like megumics test at 12dpo, the top one

Jgator, thanks for chiming in too. There is colour I think but definitely came up within 5 mins and is slightly darker than last nights.

Can't concentrate at work and it's only 10am

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

MLK, I think you are preggo! :appl: Test again tomorrow though. Are you 8 or 9 DPO now?

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Thanks jgator I really hope so. What do you make of the temp drop of 0.22 degrees today though?

I am really hoping for a may bfp as it is such a bittersweet month for me. Both of my parents passed away in may, but we also brought a house in may and got married in may. Perhaps this is a sign that a new chapter is beginning?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results