shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD bezel band - amethysts and diamonds

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I now have the glamour shots of my 'push present' from BGD.
The Fedex guy came by today during the only hour I was out of the house! :(( but I will get it tomorrow for sure :naughty:

5631_BrianGavin_BezelBand1b_050812.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I'm a little concerned about how blue and dark the stones look - I was hoping for a lighter purple amethyst colour but we'll see when I get it in person...

8441_BrianGavin_BezelBand3b_050812.jpg

8817_BrianGavin_BezelBand2b_050812.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
More pics to come tomorrow when it arrives :))

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRETTY!!!!!!! I bet it will be purple IRL.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous, Pumpkinpie! I'm with mowtownmama, I'm sure they will be much more purple IRL than what we are seeing in the glamour shots. It will be so exciting to finally have it here and on your finger - why does that always happen- the moment you leave the house... the Fedex truck pulls up??!!! Frustrating :roll:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think its really pretty but I have to say that I thought that was a sapphire and diamonds band and even checked the title a second time in case i miss read it. i hope it looks more like you wanted (lighter purple) in real life. cant wait to see it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1336555032|3190851 said:
I think its really pretty but I have to say that I thought that was a sapphire and diamonds band and even checked the title a second time in case i miss read it. i hope it looks more like you wanted (lighter purple) in real life. cant wait to see it.

Same with me on double checking the title. Hope they are more purple in real life. No matter the color, it is a lovely ring!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has it arrived yet???????????????

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Yup- it's here! I waited until my husband was home from work before I opened it.
I'm still undecided on the colour... it looks much darker than I wanted inside.. but closer to the shade I wanted in natural (cloudy) light.

I took these pics outside - they show it a bit darker and bluer than I see with my eyes.

IMG_4662.JPG

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's beautiful! The color is lovely, IMO. It looks great on your hand, too! :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful, but you have to be happy with the color, and it seems you're not 100% pleased.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
So pretty, it's one of my favorite bands!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
You're right - I'm not 100% happy with the colour. I'm not sure what exactly I should do about it...
What is a reasonable expectation for the shade of purple of amethysts?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's gorgeous! (I have their all diamond bezel so I'm bias) :bigsmile: But you should be 100% happy with it. Did you have this color in mind - check out this Tiffany ring -http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=GRP02273&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+3-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+amethyst&search=1

I wonder if the bezels made the stones a lot darker? When you mention amethyst, I picture the color of the Tiff band. Give BGD a call, they are awesome to work with and I'm sure they'll make it right :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It really does look perfect on your hand! Nice size stones, beautiful bezels and delicate, too. Yet it is a bit darker than I would have expected for amethysts. Iwas thinking much more plum purple than the bluish hue the pictures show. Call BGD as asschergirl says. They'll fix it!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your feedback asscher_girl and Enerchi.
The Tiffany link shows exactly the colour that I was hoping for! Thanks for the visual - I will contact BDG...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you specify in the order that you wanted light color amethyst? I am not sure they really have an obligation to redo the stones unless you specified that. I think amethyst is going to be a little darker in a bezel anyway.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it is so gorgeous! :love: :love:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
The ring itself is gorgeous, but the color puzzles me too. Surely when one orders 'amethyst' that is not what you'd expect. :confused: In large sizes the velvety dark amethyst is stunning, but in small sizes they look like sapphires. If you are not pleased with it, call BGD. I'm sure they'll sort something out for you. :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't look amethyst enough for me. I had jbeg make me a rose cut band with amethysts and I was very specific about wanting a medium tone. They got it right. I would advise BGD of the issue and send it back for a redo. Maybe you could approve the stones they use before they set this this time?

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1336668852|3192166 said:
They don't look amethyst enough for me. I had jbeg make me a rose cut band with amethysts and I was very specific about wanting a medium tone. They got it right. I would advise BGD of the issue and send it back for a redo. Maybe you could approve the stones they use before they set this this time?

thats a good idea.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback again - The ring itself is gorgeous and exactly what I wanted so that's a big plus - when bright sunlight hits it the right way, it's perfect! If only the stones looked that tone most of the time.

I did originally request to see the amethysts (for colour) before they were set, but was told it would be too difficult as they were so small and that I would see the colour in the glamour shots of the set ring. The problem is that the band was shipped before the glamour shots were emailed to me, so at that point, it was already on its way to me.

I have contacted BGD so we'll see what solution we can come up with.. I'll keep you posted

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds like a great post - you sound happy with your ring and I think it is good that you've made contact to at least discuss your concerns. Maybe nothing can be done but at least you tried! It really is beautiful and I do agree that perhaps in the smaller good quality stones they use, perhaps it is hard to find lighter stones.

Let us know what they say!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
PumpkinPie|1336835961|3193805 said:
Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback again - The ring itself is gorgeous and exactly what I wanted so that's a big plus - when bright sunlight hits it the right way, it's perfect! If only the stones looked that tone most of the time.

I did originally request to see the amethysts (for colour) before they were set, but was told it would be too difficult as they were so small and that I would see the colour in the glamour shots of the set ring. The problem is that the band was shipped before the glamour shots were emailed to me, so at that point, it was already on its way to me.

I have contacted BGD so we'll see what solution we can come up with.. I'll keep you posted

Well then, IMHO, they need to do something about it since you probably would have stopped it if you saw it beforehand. I had a feeling based on the pics, they wouldn't be what you wanted.

I had a ring done by WF, and wanted a surprise amethyst in the ring (which they said they couldn't "bezel" since it was so soft so I'm glad to see that your ring was possible. Could be because of the where mine was in the ring.) As you can see in the pic, the amethyst is the same dark color (which I didn't mind), so that might what the basic option is for an amethyst this size.

Custom-Yellow-Gold-Blue-Sapphire-and-Diamond-Wedding-Band-by-Whiteflash-30230_5.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for disappearing from the thread ladies - I appreciate all your input.

I was really conflicted about keeping the ring, but the more I tried it on in all lights, the more I liked the colour.

I contacted BGD and heard that Brian didn't believe that the colour I was looking for was possible in a bezel-style band. I love the ring and so decided to accept the darker purple colour as the cost of that style of ring. It is a beautiful band and a great way to commemorate my little girl :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back - saw a 1/2 eternity today with amethysts and diamonds - bezeled. They were lavender.......... :oops:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
My diamond and amethyst band from IDJ should be here next week. I'm hoping for lighter color amethysts as well, so will be back once it arrives to share pictures and compare. The ones on the IDJ website look like the color I want, so I'm hopeful. I can tell you that the amethyst surprise stones on my BGD e-ring are quite dark, just like yours, so maybe it's just where BGD sources them from. :confused:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results