Pre-engagement goals

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magpie09|1337320399|3198196 said:
Magpie09|1336721971|3192794 said:
Mine are:
-Lose some weight/ increase my fitness levels
-have a secure job- which i'm very close to having in the next few months, fingers crossed
-be the best gf I can be
-don't put pressure on SO or have major LIWitis meltdowns- it should be an enjoyable time for both of us
-start consistently maintaining my nails so they are ready for my PS hand shot!
-don't constantly try to guess if it's the day everytime we do something out of the ordinary
-remain zen

Haha oh the irony!!

My nails were not done. They actually had old, very chipped nail polish on them! :errrr: :nono:

I've managed to gain weight.

I did remain zen about everything and OBLIVIOUS to all hints leading up to the proposal so at least I achieved some of my goals although not how i'd imagined!

Haha! It's a good thing! You were totally surprised! It's a total once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing to get swept off your feet like that. Even if your nails aren't done, the surprise is totally worth it :razz:

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
peonia|1337247136|3197211 said:
i like this thread! everyone's goals are inspiring and encouraging :)

as for me.... i don't have very long before engagement (hopefully!!), and as i mentioned elsewhere i'm using this time to get in tip top bikini shape for beginning of july. i've actually been doing pretty well with that! i've lost 9 pounds so far :D gone from 114 to 105. i know that sounds very light, but i'm actually a tiny person (standing at 4'11"!!). it's the lightest i've been in a few years, i want to lose a few more and also tone up (though i have a serious aversion to exercise... argh).

other goals include school related things & generally making the most of this time!

Haha i'm tiny too! Fi thinks i'm 5'0" but i'm adament that i'm 5'1" :rolleyes: like the 1 makes a huge difference.

Congrats on the weight loss!! I've tried Zumba...not really helpful with losing weight but great for building core strength and toning. Plus I find it fun so i'm more likely to go to classes rather than skip them.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1336745885|3192955 said:
I don't really have anything for pre engagement-id prefer to be finished school (starting back in sept for my RN and it will take 2 years) because I don't want the distraction. But I DO have post engagement, pre wedding goals!

Here they are:
Finish school and be settled in career
Pay off my student loans ASAP (throw all extra into them until gone - I will have less than 10k)
Enroll for the 6 classes I need to get my bachelors in nursing
Have a nice house fund as well as wedding fund
Take a few trips and enjoy being engaged
Loose some weight

I would really like to move into a house after we are married so I think we would have a longer engagement in order to pay down/off bills and have a decent amount of money saved. We can't have dogs in our current apartment and I am already going crazy not having my dog here!!! I got her for my 21 bday. I'm 28, my parents love her so they have custody now, but I go see her all the time. So I want a house!! Lol and we are both picky and want to build bc we don't want something previously lived in. Soooo it's gonna be awhile!

I'm in the same boat regarding my dog...had to leave him at my parent's place when so and I moved in together :(sad Hopefully we will be moving into a house sometime in the next year so I can have joint custody.

Have you started designing your own place yet, LLC?

audball

Ideal_Rock
When I saw your engagement announcement thread, I thought of this one and how you didn't even have time to go over your list! :) So happy for you!!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
We are also very established, being in our mid-to late 30's. We both have careers and a house. My goals are pre-wedding ones.

- Prepare healthier meals. We live a very active lifestyle but the winter was full of eating comfort foods like lasagna and enchiladas. Now that it's grilling weather, I am starting to grill more fish, veggies, etc. We recently have been getting organic produce delivered to our house and it's a fun activity to see each week what's going to be in the box!!
- The only debt I have is student loans from when I got my master's degree a few years ago. So, I would like to pay off a big chunk of that mainly because my BF has made a comment about it a couple of times. Student loan debt is generally not something you have to rush to pay off. It's "good" debt! But, I might as well do it!
-Be better at sticking to a budget. My BF is so good at this with all his spreadsheets. But, I don't have as much self-control. I don't use credit cards but if I see something I like, I buy it, instead of save a little every month to go towards the thing I want.
-Continue to build my nest egg so that we have some security when we have a family.

It's funny because I just wrote down my goals the other day before I even saw this thread! It's good to be goal oriented!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mandasand|1337705720|3200946 said:
We are also very established, being in our mid-to late 30's. We both have careers and a house. My goals are pre-wedding ones.

- Prepare healthier meals. We live a very active lifestyle but the winter was full of eating comfort foods like lasagna and enchiladas. Now that it's grilling weather, I am starting to grill more fish, veggies, etc. We recently have been getting organic produce delivered to our house and it's a fun activity to see each week what's going to be in the box!!
- The only debt I have is student loans from when I got my master's degree a few years ago. So, I would like to pay off a big chunk of that mainly because my BF has made a comment about it a couple of times. Student loan debt is generally not something you have to rush to pay off. It's "good" debt! But, I might as well do it!
-Be better at sticking to a budget. My BF is so good at this with all his spreadsheets. But, I don't have as much self-control. I don't use credit cards but if I see something I like, I buy it, instead of save a little every month to go towards the thing I want.
-Continue to build my nest egg so that we have some security when we have a family.

It's funny because I just wrote down my goals the other day before I even saw this thread! It's good to be goal oriented!

sounds awesome!. ::) writing down goals is my life. I love crossing them out. heck, sometimes i'll even write down a goal i already did in a list of to-do's, just so I can have fun crossing it out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results