shape
carat
color
clarity

new 1.79 ct OEC and diamond polyamory

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
I should be studying for my qualifying exams so of course, instead, I'm chasing sunbeams taking pictures of my jewelry. Maybe if I share them with others that will also spread out my quilt over not reading the giant stack of papers I need to tackle.

There have been several topics around here on what cut you would pick if you could have just one, and I have definitely realized I am not a 1 diamond type of girl. Luckily my husband is ok with this, and in fact encourages me to swing between my diamonds and find them new friends :naughty: I love them all in their own way, and each scratches a different bling related itch. So without further ado... a fist-full of diamonds shoved onto a rolled up piece of paper.

The OEC, my newest diamond relationship, is 1.79 ct, EGL graded K, VS2. Purchased from JBEG and now back at home awaiting a setting to be made for it. I miss it already!

The princess is 0.55 ctc, G VS1. The asscher is 0.90 G VS1. AVC is 0.93 M SI1. 5 stone is 1.5 ctw uncerted stones (F/G SI) from IDJ.

Please enjoy the fruit of my camera, so I can justify the time I spent taking these pictures :devil:

!DSCN8094.JPG

!DSCN8099.JPG

!DSCN8184.JPG

!DSCN8143.JPG

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
It was impossible to get all the stones lined up so they looked their best at the same time, but hopefully you can get a feel for the different personalities of all the stones.

!DSCN8070.JPG

!DSCN8079.JPG

!DSCN8133.JPG

!DSCN8137.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - glad you took the time to not study and share your treasures with us!!! Gorgeous collection of baubles - I really love the 5 stone & the OEC - yummy!!

Good luck on your exams!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A) I hereby nominate you for Best Thread Title.

B) You are a nominee in multiple categories, also nominated for Best Metaphor.

C) AWESOME COLLECTION. Every piece is fantastic!

Are you ever tempted to just pop one on each finger and go forth fully armored?

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
And a few close ups of the OEC. I am totally in love, its an amazing stone.

Thanks for taking the time to procrastinate with me!

!DSCN8020.JPG

!DSCN8422.JPG

!DSCN8430.JPG

!DSCN8215.JPG

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, we can help you procrastinate... no problem!!!

What are your setting thoughts for the OEC? do you have a thread going for ideas or did you decide on a setting already?? (Don't study- stay on PS and play with us... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: No - bad idea... go study - it's your future.... :saint: :saint: :saint: )

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Great collection!

How will you set the OEC?

I am TOTALLY with you on liking various shapes and looks. I already have a list of different cuts and settings I want to acquire over the years, all under a carat, since I prefer the look of smaller stones. :naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is some major eye candy! :appl: all of your rings are gorgeous, and the 1.79 OEC is stunning. Can't wait to hear your ideas on the setting!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE that OEC!

And it's amazing the way the AVC M appears to be just as white as the G asscher!

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Thank Enerchi! I could use all the good mojo I can get for my quals. If I fail at least I still have pretty things to look at :wacko:

Circe|1337649111|3200589 said:
A) I hereby nominate you for Best Thread Title.

B) You are a nominee in multiple categories, also nominated for Best Metaphor.

C) AWESOME COLLECTION. Every piece is fantastic!

Are you ever tempted to just pop one on each finger and go forth fully armored?

lol thanks! I'm just a lowly molecular biologist so usually words are not my forte (the mice and bacteria dont care if I sweet talk them before I kill them). I'm glad diamond polyamorous relationships are much easier to maintain than human ones :halo:

I have done some very bling-encrusted multiple ring wearing. I've even stacked the princess, asscher and AVC on one finger(with the 5 stone on the other hand) when I couldn't bear to leave any of them at home but that's absolutely insane :-o

As far as setting the OEC, the whole motivation to get it was to squeak in under JBEG's custom setting deadline so I can get the Bella halo. Two tone in rose and white gold. Its so not my usual style but when I first saw it I knew I had to have it. I usually go for smaller stones too, but I decided the proportions of that setting look best with a larger stone. None of this was in the jewelry plan (I have a spread sheet, did I mention I'm a scientist?) but I guess sometimes emotion over-rides intellect :ugeek:

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
CaprineSun|1337650115|3200604 said:
LOVE that OEC!

And it's amazing the way the AVC M appears to be just as white as the G asscher!

The M AVC is a real chameleon. It has strong blue fluorescence, so in sunlight it is super white. Sometimes I can even see the fluor in the sun, I'm at altitude so I don't know if the stronger UV here makes a difference. You can kinda see it in this picture. But sometimes it looks really visibly tinted, almost looks orangy.

!DSCN8000.JPG

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection; so glad you came to play! I love your setting idea for the OEC!

ETA: The OEC used to be mine for a little while and your pictures are way better than mine were and I'm so happy it went to a loving home. :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them all, but I think you can guess which one I like best. The biggest one ::)

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look AMAZING in the Bella halo, dooooo it. :naughty:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Rhapsody said:
lol thanks! I'm just a lowly molecular biologist so usually words are not my forte (the mice and bacteria dont care if I sweet talk them before I kill them). I'm glad diamond polyamorous relationships are much easier to maintain than human ones :halo:

I have done some very bling-encrusted multiple ring wearing. I've even stacked the princess, asscher and AVC on one finger(with the 5 stone on the other hand) when I couldn't bear to leave any of them at home but that's absolutely insane :-o

You're so funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's really insane to stack the princess, the asscher and the AVC on one finger, but I'd be tempted to do the same if I had your beautiful collection.
Thanks for sharing.
Best to you,
Purplesilk.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing collection you have!! That OEC... mmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: Love your AVC too! Ah heck I love 'em all!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are quite the lucky lady to have such a stunning collection and a DH who understands your need for variety!! I'm still trying to get my DH to embrace that concept!! I can't wait to see the OEC set! It's a beauty!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful collection!!!!!!!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :lickout: I would love to have such a variety of stones in my collection (and get my husband on board with it too :rolleyes: ). I LOVE your OEC and I can't wait to see it set! Thanks for taking a break to share with us :wink2:

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
purplesilk|1337670915|3200755 said:
Rhapsody said:

You're so funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's really insane to stack the princess, the asscher and the AVC on one finger, but I'd be tempted to do the same if I had your beautiful collection.
Thanks for sharing.
Best to you,
Purplesilk.

Popping into this thread to say great rings, and that I really *NEED* to see a picture of this stack :Up_to_something:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely collection! The new OEC is fab, too. :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Great thread...The most active I have been in my short time on PS was when I was "supposed" to be studying. :Up_to_something: This is so much more fun!
Love the fire the old and vintage style stones are throwing in the first couple of pics. I think the Bella is a great idea! It is a beautiful setting. :appl:

starrynight

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh...so glad to see more pictures of that gorgeous diamond (after having stared at it many times on the jbeg website)! Can't wait to see it in the setting :)

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome collection! I second the thought that we *need* to see a picture of the stack :bigsmile:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection. I just pulled DH into the room so I could show him how nicely your DH plays! :lol: Congratulations! I can't wait to see it set! :love:

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
SparklyOEC said:
Beautiful collection; so glad you came to play! I love your setting idea for the OEC!

ETA: The OEC used to be mine for a little while and your pictures are way better than mine were and I'm so happy it went to a loving home. :appl:

Gotta love the bling merry-go-round! It was amazingly hard to get good pics of that stone, I think I have over 500. oi. I assure you it will be well loved :love:

Dreamer_D said:
I love them all, but I think you can guess which one I like best. The biggest one ::)

No sense in fighting your true nature :lol: Its nice to have options depending on where I am and what I'm doing.

armywife13 said:
I think it would look AMAZING in the Bella halo, dooooo it. :naughty:

The deposit is in, should be starting production any time now! Yay!

QueenB29|1337692996|3200830 said:
Popping into this thread to say great rings, and that I really *NEED* to see a picture of this stack :Up_to_something:

Its too hot out today to squeeze them all onto my sausage finger but I'll see what I can do for you :tongue: That look generally only surfaces when I'm stuck in the lab on the weekends. I figured if I'm going to be trapped staring through a microscope for hours on a saturday with slides that most likely have no usable data I might as well have lots of diamonds to look at :ugeek:

stargurl78 said:
What a beautiful collection!!!!!!!!!! :love: :cheeky: :love: :lickout: I would love to have such a variety of stones in my collection (and get my husband on board with it too :rolleyes: ). I LOVE your OEC and I can't wait to see it set! Thanks for taking a break to share with us :wink2:

Thank you! I really hit husband pay-dirt on the jewelry front. Not only is he totally supportive of the things I want, he genuinely enjoys jewelry. He's the one who sent me the OEC and said "Buy this". He even wants us to take jewelry making classes together. I had thought I was lucky I had a man who was happy to take me to the ballet and opera, but the jewelry love really blows my mind :shock:

vinjewels said:
Great thread...The most active I have been in my short time on PS was when I was "supposed" to be studying. :Up_to_something: This is so much more fun!
Love the fire the old and vintage style stones are throwing in the first couple of pics. I think the Bella is a great idea! It is a beautiful setting. :appl:

This whole graduate school thing is totally overrated :cheeky: The chunky colour flashes are ridiculous. They are quite photogenic. Although the asscher seems to be a bit of a scene stealer in photos. Those steps just draw me in. See, I could never get rid of any of them. I need them all! :twisted:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yay! How exciting! I am working with them on a Julia bezel, they are so great to work with. I hope you have fun with the whole process, can't wait to see how it turns out :appl: :appl: :appl:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
great collection!!! congrats :love: :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely collection you have. My fave is the OEC of course :lickout:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results