Super_Ideal_Rock
Did not see that coming!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Re: Holy. Crap. (Greys)

Me either! :shock:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That might have beaten Denny... Or George... Wow.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

Definitely. I am so frustrated with how they left it. Then again, I shouldn't expect there to be any resolution-it is greys after all, they always leave it hanging.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

armywife13|1337310219|3198038 said:
Definitely. I am so frustrated with how they left it. Then again, I shouldn't expect there to be any resolution-it is greys after all, they always leave it hanging.
Contract negotiations. Because in ShondaLand, no one can ever just leave with a going away party and some cake.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

sillyberry|1337315170|3198130 said:
armywife13|1337310219|3198038 said:
Contract negotiations. Because in ShondaLand, no one can ever just leave with a going away party and some cake.
I love to hate that they leave me hanging at the end of every season. ;)) I understand why they do, keeping viewers counting down for the new season and because of contracts as you said...but darn it all, I wanna know what happens! :lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Once a year, like clockwork, those folks go through a major - and I mean MAJOR - catastrophe. Which explains a lot about their mental states, I think. :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I did find it strange that they had to go this far in the story again. I thought the shooter was gonna be the last big one. Either way I was totally freaked. I also GAGGED about 10 times lol.

As much as I love the actor that plays Owen, that story line is pissing me right off too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

*****************************SPOILER!!! DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!*************************************

So Chyler Leigh and Kim Raver both declined to renew their contracts for personal reasons and both were part of the writing out of their character. Chyler definitely decided that having Lexie die was a good way to end her role. Kim has the option to come back but chose to do other projects. I think both were wanting to spend more time with their families, Chyler took a lot of time off last year because she wanted to be with her kids more. I am sad but at least they were happy with their characters outcomes. Sandra Oh and Justin Chambers and Jesse Williams are all back for two more years from what I understand so they clearly must be abandoning their moves to other programs, probably bec Arizona will be in bad shape when she comes back, so Karev will probably stick around for that, Jesse Williams probably chooses to stay and be with kempner, and maybe marry her??? Weird. But plausible. Though how she stays in I don't know, since she failed the boards. I assume with Kim Raver leaving that means that Christina stays and becomes the lead cardio surgeon.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

I'm sad my fav character is gone, but I'm pleased that they've left of their own volition.

My mom called me and said "do not DARE to ever go to Seattle Grace, work at Seattle Grace, or have a family member who works at Seattle Grace." My favorite part was Christina getting all meta on their situation.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock

I'm so incredibly behind. I need to catch up. I LOVE me some Grey's. I plan on asking for all the seasons on DVD for my next few holiday presents. I watch them over and over. The cool thing is,they're a fun way to review for my classes too because I can try to remember my anatomy and terminology as they talk about things.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

sillyberry|1337348427|3198352 said:
I'm sad my fav character is gone, but I'm pleased that they've left of their own volition.

My mom called me and said "do not DARE to ever go to Seattle Grace, work at Seattle Grace, or have a family member who works at Seattle Grace." My favorite part was Christina getting all meta on their situation.
Yea them leaving on their own made me feel better. It was WILD though to see all the flashbacks of the first ep when they looked SO YOUNG. And Izzy and George.

I will say I like that Christina normally can shut off emotion and focus. But now I am curious what will happen with her and Owen. This ends them or fixes them.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

It's gonna be a LONG wait til next season!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ohhhh yes.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

crazy ending, didn't like how they ended it!!! they all go through way too many ridiculous catastrophes. but ame I think you make all very valid points for your predictions. can't wait for the fall to see how they tie it all up! I am a little sad because I would like to see them go and do great things elsewhere, not necessarily stay at Seattle but who knows!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

I didn't see that coming either. Honestly, I cannot believe anyone survived. Looked like a bad crash. Magic of TV I suppose. I feel so bad for Kempner. Can you still get a job if you aren't board certified? There are so many different directions the show can go.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

It seems that most places won't risk the non-board-certified physicians, but she'd be able to retest in a year I'd think. So why not keep her around as an intern and make sure she is more well-taught for next time. Her blubbering and ridiculousness is more what cost her the boards than anything. She probably would've passed if she wasn't a freak of nature in that room.

I get the feeling from spoilers I read that more people might die from this crash. I didn't see if Eric Dane renewed, or if Jessica Capshaw renewed. So perhaps those two might also go.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

I wondered why they wouldn't keep her on as an intern too. Maybe they will change their mind. I just wonder how they are going to get rescues. The flare gun didn't work right? And she used the last match?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring|1337613683|3200212 said:
I wondered why they wouldn't keep her on as an intern too. Maybe they will change their mind. I just wonder how they are going to get rescues. The flare gun didn't work right? And she used the last match?
Yea I have a feeling that will drag out two eps probably. But maybe with everyone supposedly leaving SGMW he will find money in the budget to keep April, bec he claimed that was why he couldn't keep her on.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm so sad that Lexie is gone. I love Kepner, even as tightly wound as she is. It will be interesting to see whether Kepner and Avery hook up again next year.

I don't like Owen and I wish he'd leave. I'll miss Teddy and Mark though.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Okay, I can finally read this thread now that I caught up on my DVR.

I'm sad about Lexi. She was my favorite character. And I agree- if I worked at Seattle Grace I'd be getting the eff out of there. I mean how many major disasters can one hospital have? Also, I wish "they" would wait to release contract info until the season is over. Telling me which people have renewed their contracts basically ruins most of the potential surprises in the plot. The whole time I was watching I kept thinking "well, I know Derek and Meredith will be fine, since they just renewed for 2 years..."

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1337637020|3200447 said:
I'm so sad that Lexie is gone. I love Kepner, even as tightly wound as she is. It will be interesting to see whether Kepner and Avery hook up again next year.

Mark's gone too. How'd I miss that.... Im so bummed about Lexi and Teddy... Give Owen the boot...

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock

Mayk said:
Zoe|1337637020|3200447 said:

Mark's gone too. How'd I miss that.... Im so bummed about Lexi and Teddy... Give Owen the boot...
I don't think we know that...

I avoid reading any of the contract stuff solely because I don't want to be spoiled!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am speculating based on no information regarding Eric Dane or Jessica Capshaw's contracts being renewed (or for that matter Kevin McKidd who I don't call owen, I call lucius verenus). And that Shonda Rhimes said that not everyone who will die has died yet, they're still out there, and no one has found them. But the extent of their injuries/issues does not bode well! I expect the pilot to not make it either.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wait, Mark didn't die? I thought he ended up dying at the end when he and Arizona were sitting/lying near the pilot.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Zoe|1337679070|3200771 said:
Wait, Mark didn't die? I thought he ended up dying at the end when he and Arizona were sitting/lying near the pilot.

I was thinking the same thing. Mark died in the episode right?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I didn't think so, he and Arizona were talking, and she was telling him he's gotta fight, and he just wanted to let himself go. But I feel like when morning comes they will both have died.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

ame|1337695890|3200853 said:
I didn't think so, he and Arizona were talking, and she was telling him he's gotta fight, and he just wanted to let himself go. But I feel like when morning comes they will both have died.
I got the same feeling about those two. They weren't doing very good at the end.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

armywife13|1337702735|3200902 said:
I got the same feeling about those two. They weren't doing very good at the end.

Wow, so Callie is going to lose Arizona and Mark? Poor girl.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

amc80|1337703608|3200911 said:
armywife13|1337702735|3200902 said:

Wow, so Callie is going to lose Arizona and Mark? Poor girl.
I wouldn't doubt it, unfortunately. Especially since that day, she gave Karev, Avery, and Kepner the whole speech about how life changes so quickly and that she was so happy and in love now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results