shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with images of double claw prongs

undersiege

Rough_Rock
I'm custom designing a ring for my GF and one of the elements we like is the double claw prong look from top down. But I also like the delicate look of a single prong when looking at a ring's profile. Does anyone has images of a double claw prong that looks like a single claw at the gallery but then splits into a double claw above the gallery.

In essence the ring would look like this from the top:
r4143_037Ww.jpg

And like this at the gallery.
gallery%20image.jpg

Is this even possible? Before I ask the jeweler I'm working with to do this, I would like to have a picture of something for him to reference.

Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gotta tell you. I've seen a lot of vendors try and FAIL at mimicking those claws. Unless you are using a hand forger or a PS vendor that can get close to them you are probably gonna kinda fail. Just wanted to prepare you for what experience has born out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

lisamarie

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Gypsy that this is be difficult to achieve unless you go with Leon Mege or someone similar, but here's a photo:

mege split claw.jpg

undersiege

Rough_Rock
Lisamarie: Thanks for the photo. I overlooked that one when I was on Leon's site.

Gypsy: I am working with Steven Kirsch and he confirmed that his work will be 100% hand-forged.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
undersiege|1337304507|3197932 said:
Lisamarie: Thanks for the photo. I overlooked that one when I was on Leon's site.

Gypsy: I am working with Steven Kirsch and he confirmed that his work will be 100% hand-forged.

Whew! Steven did my halo and my prongs and a friend of mine's rings. He does them and does them perfectly! I mine are single but they are prefect. YAY! Steven used to work with Leon so you will be fine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results