shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think this mark means?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought this seven stone art deco ring, it's got gorgeous detailing and engraving and the diamonds are very bright, white, and clean (and two fluoresce, haha). Inside is "585", "14k" and a small script "u". I know what the numbers mean, but any idea what the "u" signifies?

file.jpg

kefira

Shiny_Rock
It looks like a date mark. To know the year it represents, you would need to know where the piece came from. Very cool!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's been blessed by a rabbi LOL. A U on food labeling means kosher.
Sorry, I don't know. Hopefully someone does. More ring pics pretty please? :cheeky:

ETA date mark makes sense!

kefira

Shiny_Rock
You have a lovely collection or finger-bling, MtG! I do wonder even more now, though, as the stones in the band look modern to me. Could it be a replica, or maybe were the stones replaced at some time? I'd guess the latter, with the metal being antique. Whatever the case, it's certainly a pretty ring.

fridays_child

Shiny_Rock
I agree with kefira, the first thing I thought on seeing the markings is that they look new. I also have an old art deco ring and the marking is faint and the "font" style looks old. The markings in your ring look fresh and the type style looks modern. Sorry, I don't know what the u means :). You have a great collection!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results