shape
carat
color
clarity

What was your favorite engagement gift?

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
I don't post over here much, but felt you ladies would know the best: what has been your favorite engagement gift (or wedding gift I suppose...but I'm looking for an engagement gift this time around)?

Some people just want straight cash, others like commemorative items. I know for me, having a safe place for my sparkly, a great ring dish, was a must and I really love it.

What has been your favorite gift??

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
We didn't get many gifts since we didn't have an engagement party, but we got a few special things from our parents and siblings. We got a nice Lenox picture frame, some toasting flutes, and a memory box. I think the flutes were my favorite, but I wouldn't really recommend giving them as a gift unless you're sure no one else has gotten them for the couple yet. They're too popular a gift. The memory box was really nice. It's a beautiful dark stained wood box engraved with our names, with pictures of us and room inside to hold all the random little things we never knew what to do with, like ticket stubs from our early dates, the silly plastic "pre-engagement" ring he bought me from a vending machine at the movies, holiday cards to each other, etc. I like it a lot. It's something we'll proudly display in our home forever.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
Definitely the Waterford crystal ring holder! I keep it on my nightstand and store my ring there while I sleep, shower, etc.

We specified "no gifts" for our engagement party, but we still received several bottles of wine, boxes of chocolates, picture frames, candlesticks, and gift cards. I didn't use the picture frames right away, but now that we've gotten our engagement pictures back, I appreciate having a nice way to display them, so that is probably my second favorite.

mi-waterford-crystal-heart-ring-holders-7878140065.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results