shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC for 6 Months or More Thread

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Ladies!

Prana- Congrats! Those are 2 beautiful lines! I have the same insurance coverage for infertility as you and I also spot before every period. Your store makes me really anxious to go on Clomid.

More dust for Bright!

Pavelover- Welcome! I am jealous you live in SE Asia. I have done to much research/daydreaming about a move to Bali or Singapore or the like. It sounds like there are options for you before IVF so that is good. I hope your stay here is short :))

Tammy- I has a trans vaginal US a couple months ago and they were able to confirm ovulation without any info from me. My chart didn't even have cross hairs but they could see where my follicle had ruptured and that everything was where it was supposed to be. I forgot to ask them if I had a retroverted uterus. When do you go in?

AFM- I am getting over a cold and my temperature has just now dropped on CD11 so my chart won't look pretty. I am also taking Mucinex/grapefruit juice for more CM and B6 to help with my luteal phase. DH and I are going to try and see if any positions work to DTD and not hurt his arm that he had surgery on. So romantic :roll: I am trying to stay positive but it is hard to know that if we had gotten pregnant when we started trying we would have a baby by now. It makes me regret being so careful with bc all those years :knockout:

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
indecisive|1336520694|3190542 said:
I am trying to stay positive but it is hard to know that if we had gotten pregnant when we started trying we would have a baby by now. It makes me regret being so careful with bc all those years :knockout:

I hear ya. That was a hard realization for me too. I really hope it's not much longer for you until you get your bfp! Hugs.
Perhaps clomid will do the trick. Come on. Everyone's doing it... :tongue:

Thanks for the dust too.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
indecisive|1336520694|3190542 said:
Hello Ladies!

Prana- Congrats! Those are 2 beautiful lines! I have the same insurance coverage for infertility as you and I also spot before every period. Your store makes me really anxious to go on Clomid.

AFM- I am getting over a cold and my temperature has just now dropped on CD11 so my chart won't look pretty. I am also taking Mucinex/grapefruit juice for more CM and B6 to help with my luteal phase. DH and I are going to try and see if any positions work to DTD and not hurt his arm that he had surgery on. So romantic :roll: I am trying to stay positive but it is hard to know that if we had gotten pregnant when we started trying we would have a baby by now. It makes me regret being so careful with bc all those years :knockout:
Thanks indecisive! Yes, as frustrated as I was about having to go on Clomid, and as sure as I was that it wasn't going to work, I'm glad I did. And lucky. I feel really blessed that this actually worked. I was beginning to think I was hopeless!
Sorry about your husband's arm! And I feel your pain on that last sentiment. We would have had a baby at the end of April. But we can't live on what if's and what could have been's, otherwise we'd spend our whole lives beating ourselves up for stuff that we really couldn't control in the first place.

Good luck to you!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
BrightSpot|1336523195|3190576 said:
Come on. Everyone's doing it... :tongue:

Thanks for the dust too.
PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE PEER PRESSURE!!!

:lol:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Pavelover, I took Clomid plus the Ovidrel trigger shot for 3 cycles with timed intercourse. We were successful on the 3rd try, and I'm 14 weeks pregnant now. I took Clomid 100MG for 5 days starting on CD 2 and also starting on CD 3. I went in for monitoring/ultrasounds usually around CD 10-12 to see if the follicles were growing - typically I had 3 follicles of a good size and then would get the go ahead from the doctor to either trigger that night or the next night, and then we would BD for a few days after the trigger shot. I had no side effects other than feeling warm in my stomach area on the first cycle right after taking the pills. I also took Clomid at night. I highly recommend it as it worked for us. My blood work came back normal, my HSG was normal, and my husband's SA was normal, but we tried for a year (with a MC in between) before we got our sticky bean. Good luck to you.

BrightSpot, sending sticky dust to you. It's almost Thursday! What time is your appt on Thursday so I can stalk PS to see how the ultrasound goes?

Tammy, I don't think you need to temp as they should be able to tell where you are in your cycle when they do the ultrasound and look at the follicles. Good luck to you.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, jgator. My appointment is at 3:15pm et (probably 4-4:15 RE time though) on Thursday. Getting nervous now thinking about it. The uncertainty has been difficult but the idea that I could get definitive news that is bad is terrifying. :errrr:

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot|1336530855|3190675 said:
Thanks, jgator. My appointment is at 3:15pm et (probably 4-4:15 RE time though) on Thursday. Getting nervous now thinking about it. The uncertainty has been difficult but the idea that I could get definitive news that is bad is terrifying. :errrr:

Will definitely be checking in tomorrow. Lots of dust, Bright!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I like that topic review on the bottom of the page when you reply- I don't remember that before...anyhow
Tammy I guess I was thinking what Jgator mentioned- I think the u/s will tell you without temping and opk- are you missing it? It's hard when there are only a few things in our control, kwim...Sorry you are all bolded. Not on purpose.

Prana thanks so much for sharing your experience again (I realize you guys have posted most of this stuff previously and I did read an awful lot but it's hard to keep straight. I'm so happy clomid worked it for you- it's hard to relax early in the pregnancy, but try to enjoy it! Oh! Do you remember where you found that info on the effects of clomid?

Bright thanks so much for sharing your info. I see you did iui with clomid and a trigger- were you offered clomid only? I'm having trouble remembering what led you to that in the first place (sorry). I hope you are feeling ok. Hang in there you are getting closer to the U/S. I found the same site you did a few years ago when I was diagnosed with my blighted ovum. It's just a bad place to be (the situation of early pregnancy and unknowns) Bright and I'm sorry you have to go through it. Hope is a great thing to have though and I will pray with you that you get a good result on Thursday.

Indecisive hi! Yes SE Asia is a nice place to experience. There are of course challenges, but mostly I enjoy it. I see you are taking mucinex grapefruit and B6. It's funny I was asked to take a b vitamin because my doctor was thinking I was having some bone inflammation from working out- guess what- my lh surge came four days earlier - I'm not sure if the b vitamins caused this? Also I noticed more cm this cycle. Hmmmm. oH! Did you need suggestions :naughty: .? I was thinking you could use a chair (or two) with one of the chairs stacked with pillows to support his arm, kwim? Yikes sorry if I'm being too nosy.

Jgator thanks! Your info was great- did your doctor talk about doing clomid alone? The trigger shot just helps push the egg out? I'm so happy for you and your results! I think I remember your journey as I was reading back pretty far. It's sounding like the ladies here did pretty well with clomid- that's actually reassuring.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Pavelover, the trigger just ensures you will ovulate in 24-36 hours, I think. Also, I forgot to tell you. I'm 40. I'll be 41 in August. I saw an RE so he didn't suggest taking Clomid alone, but I think a lot of people just do the Clomid. But, you should still make sure they are monitoring your follicles with ultrasounds to see how you are progressing and reacting to the Clomid.

Bright, 1 more day! Hang in there lady!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
PaveloverI found it in my incessant google searching for information on clomid. I've got the curse of the nurse- I want to know everything about everything when it comes to my body and health. It's a blessing and a curse really. I'm pretty sure I saw it in a few forums. So not really legit websites or anything. I'm sure your doctor would be able to explain it much better and much more accurately, but sometimes doctor's don't really want to explain anything. I'm sorry I can't be of more help!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Girls,

Thank you for the info. I should have been more clear, sorry. It's not with an RE. It's just being done by the regular lab because my Dr. is sick of hearing me complain about painful ovulation and AF. :rolleyes: I told her that I thought I might have Endo, but last time I was in for an appt she said she MIGHT have felt a mass. I'm "fluffy" to put it mildly, so it's hard to tell. :| Anyhow, I truly can't decide what to do about temping. That said, I'm already on CD13 so I might just pick up the thermometer on CD 15 to see if I've had a temp shift (I always know my range at this point for pre/post O). If anything I'll temp for CD 15 & 16 just to get two consistent temps or catch the shift if I haven't yet, then call it a day. I want to POAS, I want to temp obsessively, but I know the only reason why is so I feel like I have a sense of control...when the reality is, I know I'm not in control on this one. DH said that he wants us to cover our bases more than EoD this week, so I'm on board with that too, but that's it. Just trying to live as normal as humanly possible, you know?

My distraction this month is trying to figure out what to do to make my girls' room better. They share a room and it's a WRECK, which is making ME a wreck!

Hope everyone's week is going well. I'm going to duck out for a bit to try to keep a hold on what shreds of calm and peace I have managed to gather by putting TTC out of my mind w/less PS postings. :oops:

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
BrightSpot|1336530855|3190675 said:
Nobody has heard from Bright? I hope you are ok. Sending you cyberhugs. Not being pushy just thinking of you.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Pavelover I think her appointment is tomorrow. :))

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Duh, sorry. It's thUrsday where I live...still sending you hugs.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy i hope your break from posting helps. We will be here when you come back :)

JGator Thanks for sharing your age with me...makes me feel less like a lonely dinosaur, lol. Have you found a lot of negativity from drs. about advanced maternal age?

Prana I am also a nurse...guess that's why I want to know what your sources are, lol. I love being a nurse but consider it a curse in some ways. I want to know E, VERYTHING and then on the other hand sometimes I end up leaving an appointment forgetting to ask questions and just trusting the doctor if you know what I mean? I think for me it's a coping mechanism as I can only take in so much at a time...

I don't know what those initials are/mean when you write about yourself at the bottom, but here goes my personal update. I have officially gone to crazy town during this 2ww. I have taken three hpts over the past few days (including today) and am overanalyzing every twinge/symptom that I could have...I think I am about CD 24- I will be 12 dpo (well 12 days post lh surge anyway) on Saturday. I know with my son I didnt get a positive hpt for a while after I was due (I think he must have been a late implanter but who knows). I have sore bbs which I have every month before af but since I ovulated earlier this month those sore bbs started earlier too. I have had intermittent sharp pain on my right side, no af cramps.This makes me think it could be implantation but also is freaking me out because I did have an ectopic on the left side last year so I know I am prone to have another. Had one time where I noticed creamy cm (but i also noticed this right before af last month). As I am sitting here I keep having this feeling of saliva in my mouth, lol. Sigh. That's it for now. I just registered for a class that would start at the end of May as I think it's just not healthy having so much time to obsess. Thanks for listening :)

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, ladies. Sorry I haven't been around very much. Have been extremely busy at work and honestly haven't had the time to pull together an intelligent post.

Bright - I did want to pop in to let you know I am thinking about you and am hoping, wishing, and praying you get good news today. Much dust and many positive thoughts headed in your direction.

Pave - It is nice to have you join us, but I am sorry you are struggling. I hope you get the support and information you need and that you get your BFP soon.

Hello to everyone else.

AFM, I'm just wiped out emotionally and physically. I'm down a team member and now covering that position's responsibilities until I find a replacement, so I'm stretched at work. DH took a new job at the beginning of this year, and he's really unhappy. He has really been leaning on me for support and advice (which is a good thing, and it's strengthened our partnership), and I think we both agree that this isn't going to be the right place for him long-term. Without rambling on and on about the situation, the problem for me is that I feel REALLY guilty about how much I want to TTC right now. He doesn't feel like his job is stable and his self-confidence is shot, and after everything he has done to support me over the last several months, I feel like I need to put his needs first and let him work through this.... and he is so stressed that I don't want to put any more pressure on him right now. For him, the idea of having a baby when his job stability is questionable isn't something he feels completely comfortable with (even though truthfully, we would be more than fine financially on just my earnings alone). And on top of that, he's been sick as a dog for the last two weeks (finally going to the doctor today). Feels like if it's not one thing, it's another.

With all that said, the thought of not TTC every possible month we can literally makes my head and my heart hurt. This just sucks. I can't help thinking about what could have been.

I hate being such a downer, especially because I am so blessed in so many other ways that at times I feel like a spoiled brat having any sort of complaints whatsoever.

I need to sit down and talk to him about it tonight. I know if we just talk through things, we'll be OK.

Sorry for the vent.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Pavelover, I haven't gotten any flack from my OBs or the RE I saw about age, surprisingly! I think in my metro area, there are a lot of older moms. The initials mean As for Me...

Curly, I think you have a good plan to talk to your DH. Just tell him that you only have so many eggs and each month that passes you lose some of those eggs and the ones that are left get a little older. If you are fine financially and explain your concerns, I think he'll be on board. I looked at the IVF odds that are posted online for different RE clinics http://www.sart.org/find_frm.html,, and I really got a shocker after we got married when I was 39, I wish I would have done that when I was 35! For my clinic, for women aged 38-40, the odds are 26% that an IVF will result in a live birth, and from 40-42, it drops down to 12.6%. I let my DH know this, and he was completely on board with trying our best every month. We didn't have to resort to IVF, but it will at least give you an idea of what the odds are over time. I hope I didn't make you feel worse about this, but I just think you need to give your DH the facts which he may not already be aware of - I know my DH was not.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
You didn't make me feel worse at all, JGator. I appreciate the info and the advice. I think you are right that my DH doesn't really think in those terms, and giving him stats will help him see my perspective more clearly. Thank you.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys. Just wanted to pop in & thank everyone for their good wishes for my u/s today. It feels good knowing I have so many lovely ladies cheering for me. I'm running around like crazy today, but will try to post more to everyone soon. Only 3 hours to go. 

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Hiatuses are overrated. My heart jumped when I saw you'd posted and my brain wouldn't do the math fast enough...so I thought you'd updated already. I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you today, Bright.

ETA: So as I get closer to this US tomorrow and I read about most of you having HSG or at least saline US, I can't help but wonder if this is just a waste of time to have the normal one. I am strongly considering canceling my GP appt and just trying to see if I can get in with a gyno. Frustrated!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, I was just checking in to see if Bright had updated as well, but it looks like it will be at least a few more hours before she has a chance to update us.

I just wanted to say, that I'm a little curious about why you are having an ultrasound as well. Does your insurance at least cover it? From what I have read, you need to have a series of ultrasounds throughout a cycle to get any real information about ovulation. I guess if the timing is just right tomorrow, you would be able to confirm ovulation (or see how many follicles you have if you are about to ovulate) and measure your uterine lining or you might be able to see whether you have any non-functional cysts. So maybe you will learn some useful information. If I were you, I would definitely want to see an OB/GYN. I know you're a little ambivalent about how much intervention you are willing to undergo, but I would hate for you not to at least be getting closer to getting some answers as to what might or might not be happening. I always keep you in my thoughts and look forward to the day you finally get your third BFP.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Tammy, my RE did an HSG first as part of their normal up front tests. He did find a small cyst or something like that in the upper quadrant of my uterus which he said was probably nothing but would like to further look at. He said I would need to come back in for a saline ultrasound if I didn't get pregnant that month. Well, my RE was on vacation when it was time for that to happen, and I ended up getting pregnant the next month so I never had the saline ultrasound. So, typically, I think the HSG is done first. But, I don't know anything about endo so maybe that's typical protocol for that.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
JGator, do you mean a traditional US is done first, or did you really mean HSG? I thought it went normal US > Saline US > HSG but I definitely am no expert at all with these things. :rolleyes: The regular US is covered 100% by my insurance, otherwise I would be squawking about it.

I did go ahead and schedule an appt w/an OB. I was waiting to see my GP and get a referral but at this point I'm not going to wait around for her to make the move for me. I've been to their office before, so I'll just make sure that my GP has a note on file to avoid any HMO issues.

So those are my next steps. Tomorrow regular U/S, then an appt w/regular OB/GYN on 5/21. I might have one in between those w/the GP to discuss my U/S results, but I might just get those on mychart and wait for the real appt on the 21st. I think this falls in line nicely with the time frame that I wanted (HSG next month if not pregnant yet). I'll be roughly 10 DPO when I see them on the 21st if my body does it usual thing.

I want to gather a list of questions to ask them when I go so I'm prepared. I did tell the scheduler that DH and I have been actively trying for 8 months now w/no pregnancy, in addition to the painful ovulation and AF, so I think something is wrong. So I think I'm on the right path, but I'm pretty nervous.

Speaking of nervous, I hope that Bright's U/S is soon, I'm going to break my refresh button. Thinking of you and praying hard.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Tammy. I'm sorry for the false alarm. I'm still in the waiting room. :errrr:

I did an hsg through my ob before getting referred to a RE. He did a regular u/s at my first appointment then scheduled me for the saline u/s. I think the regular u/s just showed how many follicles I had. If insurance covers it, why not, but I think you might still need to do the other tests. Sounds like you have a good plan in place though.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
It's ok Bright, hope they don't keep you waiting long! :))

I guess at this point in my cycle a regular U/S is the only thing they can do anyhow w/o messing with my chances for this month and it does sound like that's my first step. I'm curious about it, that's for sure! If nothing else, it gets a step out of the way so I can get to the "good stuff" sooner when I see my OB/GYN on the 21st.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Curly, I just wanted to chime in because I totally understand your frustration. When DH and I were TTC last time, we started in July - sort of on the fly and not even knowing if we missed my fertile window. August was supposed to be our first month seriously TTC but DH wanted to skip that month because my due date would be his birthday if I got pregnant. :rolleyes: I convinced him to go forward because I didn't want to take anything for granted and sort of felt is was presumptuous on our part to feel that we could choose when we had a baby - down to the month. Both of my sisters had fertility issues and were not able to get pregnant on their own. One did IUI for all three of her children and one did IVF for her only child. THEN, in September, DH broke his hand and required surgery (in my fertile window of course) so we weren't really able to time our BD properly. I was seriously a MESS. It felt like the universe was telling me we weren't supposed to be TTC. Women have to deal with a whole set of emotions related to TTC than men do. I mean - how unfair is it that you find out you're NOT pregnant right when your hormones come crashing down before AF? As if you weren't already emotional enough!

Anyway, we're TTC again and I'm way more relaxed this time (for now anyway). We've been TTC for 4 cycles and pretty much missed my fertile window 2 of those due to scheduling conflicts and illness. I thought that would really upset me but so far so good. I guess it's because I hope we don't have any *problems* getting pregnant but I don't feel in a rush really either. I'm doing my best to enjoy this. That'll probably get difficult if it goes on too long.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Tammy, I never had a diagnostic ultrasound. I only had those when I was monitoring follicles while taking clomid. But as others have said, since insurance covers it, why not? And it's always possible you'll learn something from it. I asked my doctor about HSG v. saline ultrasound, and she said that HSG is the first step. They do an HSG first because it gives more information about the tubes and lets you know if your uterus appears normal. If they had suspected any uterine abnormalities, then I would have had a saline ultrasound. I'm happy for you that you have the appointments set up and will hopefully get some information soon. For me, I felt far less helpless once I got to that point. And in the meantime, it's always possible you will get a surprise BFP :)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Bad news. It's an empty sac. Again. Doc says its likely an egg quality issue & recommended ivf with pgd. So they told me a bit about the process, took 14 vials of blood, gave me another misoprostol Rx & sent me on my way. I'm so sad & numb.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no!!!! ;( Bright I am so SO sorry. I feel just awful for you. :(sad Please take care and I know it's very little comfort but know that we're all here for you. Ugh, I hate this and it's not fair at all! :blackeye:

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Bright... I don't know what to say. This doesn't make any sense, and it's just not fair. I am so, so sorry. My heart is breaking for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results