shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink Goes Rafting

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We had a visiting group of Argentinian young professionals here last week for a Rotary Group Study Exchange.

I took a group of fifteen people including the Argentinians up to raft the Payette River which was at fairly high flow, about 11,000 cfs.

At the next to the last rapid things got a little hairy.

Tipping-the-boat.jpg

In fact close up, my Argentine friend looks like he is trying to hold my hand and whack me with his paddle all at the same time he is making a horrified face.

close-up-face.jpg

In the end though, it all ended up okay and gave us great conversation fodder at the BBQ that night at my house. We ended up with about 65 people there and a good time was had by all.

All-safe.jpg

Wink

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
rofl!
He does look more than a little freaked out.
Thanks for posting this!

D

Deactivated member 42515

That's awesome! I've always wanted to go! I live close by to Idaho, do you recommend the Payette River for a noobie? Or is there a calmer place that I could try first?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great photos! What's it just FRIGID though?! Early May with all that run off... BURRRRR!

My mom lives up the Middle Fork in Garden Valley and we spent may a weekend when I was younger just like this. Unfortunately there was no handsome Argentine to hold MY hand while I was trying not to end up in the drink!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like a blast!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!!! looks like quite the adventure :bigsmile:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm getting nervous just looking at that pic. I'm such a wimp!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOOO! That's one Rotary Club meeting they'll remember!

Jim Summa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi Wink,
That looks like a lot of fun!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ooooff! A paddle right in the gut, ouch. Looks like a BLAST, one of my favorite things to do.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that close up photo!!! That looks like a blast and I'm sure quite the memory making event! Great pic!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YayTacori|1336581918|3191125 said:
That's awesome! I've always wanted to go! I live close by to Idaho, do you recommend the Payette River for a noobie? Or is there a calmer place that I could try first?

I always take my friends with a guide and my very strong preference is Cascade Raft Company. They have awesome guides and provide a quality trip. Start off with the Main Payette and when you are ready for more adventure you can step up to the South Fork or a full day trip on the Carbarton stretch of the North Fork.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dee*Jay|1336583638|3191160 said:
Great photos! What's it just FRIGID though?! Early May with all that run off... BURRRRR!

My mom lives up the Middle Fork in Garden Valley and we spent may a weekend when I was younger just like this. Unfortunately there was no handsome Argentine to hold MY hand while I was trying not to end up in the drink!

LOL!

I think the water was about 40 degrees.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Enerchi|1336597405|3191478 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I love that close up photo!!! That looks like a blast and I'm sure quite the memory making event! Great pic!!

It was fun! We sent all of the Argentinians home with a CD of photos of their experience.

Wink

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That does look like fun (although cold :errrr: ) Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bet you all had a blast. Looks like loads of fun and a little scary too.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Excellent photo! I went rafting in Austria once - the river was runoff from the Alps melt and was about 34 degrees...quite memorable. :cheeky: Those Argentinians will be laughing about this crazy photo for some time. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results