clarity

Facebook Bling

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1336584340|3191181 said:
madelise|1336584286|3191179 said:
pandabee|1336570686|3190971 said:
SO and I are both in our second to last year of pharmacy school! I need to think of a clever saying hehee.

You can post pics of the rings sitting with a tilted/spilled pill bottle, with pills all over, and write something like, "I found my drug of choice" or something? "He makes me high on love" or something? Haha. I'm no good with thinking cheesy.. "Prescription for eternal love"? LOL! Oh god. I'm horrible at this cheesy stuff. It makes me laugh my a$$ off.

AHHAA omg those are actually pretty creative. all of our mutual friends will make fun of me SO much if it's too cheesy though lol.

I think that's the point! Cheesy lines are meant to make you chuckle at the silliness, aren't they? HAHA. I don't think anyone takes them "seriously". They're just quirky :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336584513|3191187 said:
pandabee|1336584340|3191181 said:
madelise|1336584286|3191179 said:
pandabee|1336570686|3190971 said:
SO and I are both in our second to last year of pharmacy school! I need to think of a clever saying hehee.

You can post pics of the rings sitting with a tilted/spilled pill bottle, with pills all over, and write something like, "I found my drug of choice" or something? "He makes me high on love" or something? Haha. I'm no good with thinking cheesy.. "Prescription for eternal love"? LOL! Oh god. I'm horrible at this cheesy stuff. It makes me laugh my a$$ off.

AHHAA omg those are actually pretty creative. all of our mutual friends will make fun of me SO much if it's too cheesy though lol.

I think that's the point! Cheesy lines are meant to make you chuckle at the silliness, aren't they? HAHA. I don't think anyone takes them "seriously". They're just quirky :)

for sure! well I will post pics here first I'm sure, then I'll ask for creative ideas for the fb reveal hehe.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Awww...I want help with this too! I'm not sure what we can come up with for us, but I'm NO good at it!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
I don't normally post pictures of the luxury stuff I receive on Facebook, but we did put a handshot of the ring shortly after he proposed because it was a long time coming and we would have had some angry people if we didn't :lol:

Besides, once you change your status to "engaged" everyone would ask for a picture of the ring anyways, so it was simpler that way :)

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I most definitely did lol...it was well received! I posted a picture of my hand in his and of just my hand.

audball

Ideal_Rock
RebeccaMUA|1336589492|3191318 said:
I don't normally post pictures of the luxury stuff I receive on Facebook, but we did put a handshot of the ring shortly after he proposed because it was a long time coming and we would have had some angry people if we didn't :lol:

Besides, once you change your status to "engaged" everyone would ask for a picture of the ring anyways, so it was simpler that way :)
True! I ALWAYS look for the bling shot when someone updates their status to engaged. But that may be because we PSers are, in fact, bling whores.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336595868|3191445 said:

True! I ALWAYS look for the bling shot when someone updates their status to engaged. But that may be because we PSers are, in fact, bling whores.

I'm sort of a snob with e-rings now, but the majority of the e-rings I see on FB, I am just completely underwhelmed and wonder how much they paid and think about what terrible quality diamonds they've purchased.

audball

Ideal_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1336596484|3191459 said:
I'm sort of a snob with e-rings now, but the majority of the e-rings I see on FB, I am just completely underwhelmed and wonder how much they paid and think about what terrible quality diamonds they've purchased.
Hahah -- Ditto! I actually usually look to see how bad it is and also wonder how much they spent. Sometimes they aren't SO bad, but usually.... :errrr:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336596552|3191460 said:
StacylikesSparkles|1336596484|3191459 said:
Hahah -- Ditto! I actually usually look to see how bad it is and also wonder how much they spent. Sometimes they aren't SO bad, but usually.... :errrr:

I think I have only seen like ONE that isn't terrible lol...I keep thinking I should post something on fb that says 'call me if you need help with an engagement ring'..HA! I did help a friend of mine find a really great diamond and he and his now fiancee get tons of compliements! Mostly though I'm seeing rings that are all about carat total weight of the band, not of the center diamond and just yucky designs! Those poor girls! Bahah..see, SNOB!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I think that I would.. however I have only 35 or so friends on there (I did a major cull and cut out hundreds of people, feels really great to be on FB now!) - basically all people I would be showing in life anyway!

Speaking of the awful rings people post, I am so with you ladies on that! My BF's sister-in-law posted hers, and it makes me cringe every time I see it (in life or a photo). Its one of those illusion settings, and just.. no. It is awful. It cost US $300, I'm sure you can imagine!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
When I see my friends post their rings on Facebook, I get really excited!!! I don't really see it as "showing off" especially if they don't normally post things like their new designer handbag or shoes. A girl's engagement ring is something she should be proud of whether she picked it or not, and I think it's sweet that girls are giving their guys credit where it's due.

I think I will post one obligatory ring picture mainly because I have a lot of friends who I don't see very often, and if I put that I am engaged on Facebook, they would want to see the ring. This is the also the reason why my boyfriend and I are both "in a relationship" with each other on Facebook, I was getting really tired of telling everyone who he is!

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
sweetpea&babycorn|1336602739|3191557 said:
When I see my friends post their rings on Facebook, I get really excited!!! I don't really see it as "showing off" especially if they don't normally post things like their new designer handbag or shoes. A girl's engagement ring is something she should be proud of whether she picked it or not, and I think it's sweet that girls are giving their guys credit where it's due.

I think I will post one obligatory ring picture mainly because I have a lot of friends who I don't see very often, and if I put that I am engaged on Facebook, they would want to see the ring. This is the also the reason why my boyfriend and I are both "in a relationship" with each other on Facebook, I was getting really tired of telling everyone who he is!

I think that is a lovely way to look at it :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not post a picture of my e-ring on FB, and none of my friends have either. Generally just not our style to post pictures of material things. We're more about experiences, current events and observations on FB.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I posted one picture of our hands together where you can see the ring that I took right after he proposed (NOT a closeup of the ring but you can tell that I am wearing one) and one picture in our 'engagement session' of us holding hands and the ring is visible (again, not a closeup like I post on PS!) I personally would feel uncomfortable posting all of the pictures of my ring that I have taken on FB...that's what PS is for!

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
No close up ring pictures! Just opening yourself for public criticism on something SO personal.
I didn't even want to post a changed relationship status or anything like that but my brother posted about it and tagged us.
After that, I posted a pic of us where you can clearly see a ring on my hand but no specifics. Thank goodness since my ring has changed twice!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1336608935|3191636 said:
I posted one picture of our hands together where you can see the ring that I took right after he proposed (NOT a closeup of the ring but you can tell that I am wearing one) and one picture in our 'engagement session' of us holding hands and the ring is visible (again, not a closeup like I post on PS!) I personally would feel uncomfortable posting all of the pictures of my ring that I have taken on FB...that's what PS is for!

I agree with this.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

hahaha true that!! always look for the bling shot immediately after they change their status and if it's missing, I wait impatiently!

those of you who don't feel that you would feel comfortable posting your ring, just curious but did you have a say in picking it out?

Md123456789

Shiny_Rock
Panda bee- I had nothing to do directly with it besides showing a couple of setting ideas. I was so happy when we got engaged but not so happy with the ring but afraid to say anything. I think I would have felt the same way about Facebook even if that wasn't the case.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1336615437|3191719 said:

hahaha true that!! always look for the bling shot immediately after they change their status and if it's missing, I wait impatiently!

those of you who don't feel that you would feel comfortable posting your ring, just curious but did you have a say in picking it out?

I picked mine out :) for me, macro shots/flower shots/etc do not belong on FB.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Md123456789|1336617057|3191737 said:
Panda bee- I had nothing to do directly with it besides showing a couple of setting ideas. I was so happy when we got engaged but not so happy with the ring but afraid to say anything. I think I would have felt the same way about Facebook even if that wasn't the case.
slg47|1336622882|3191824 said:
I picked mine out :) for me, macro shots/flower shots/etc do not belong on FB.

ok, just curious how you ladies approached it! I definitely respect that. :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
I think a PP had a good perspective for those who don't want to show a detailed shot. A shot where the is obviously A RING on your hand gets the point across without divulging any detail.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't post glamour shots (that's a little too boastful), but I think if you say you're engaged on fb, you almost HAVE to post a ring pic.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Is it bad that although I know engagement is a ways off that reading this thread has made me come up of my status update for when I announce I'm engaged? :oops:

:lol:

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
CaprineSun|1336700985|3192623 said:
Is it bad that although I know engagement is a ways off that reading this thread has made me come up of my status update for when I announce I'm engaged? :oops:

Nope, not at all! Because I already have one as well :naughty:

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1336583815|3191163 said:
Good question, I don't know if I would. I think about it now, and I've always treated my FB as a "press release only" site. I don't even know if we'll change our status to engaged immediately.

Good point..I can just imagine the amount of phones calls we would get after changing the status. Mood killer!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
CaprineSun|1336700985|3192623 said:

Hahaha :lol: I already have mine planned too!

As for posting the ring, I may post one hand shot. It definitely won't be my profile picture and it definitely won't be super close. I think one picture of the ring is acceptable and doesn't seem like showing off. And as much as I love looking at everyone's rings on FB, some people really do go overboard with it. I had one friend who took a ton of pictures of her ring and made it an album. I would have loved oogling over it except that her ring was filthy!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1336739524|3192887 said:
I would have loved oogling over it except that her ring was filthy!
This happens SOOO much.

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed about the dirty rings. I don't clean my rings as often as some on PS but I can't beleive how many people never take off their rings. Not to sleep, swim, go to the beach, shower, clean. It drives me crazy'

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
maebelle|1336747286|3192979 said:
Agreed about the dirty rings. I don't clean my rings as often as some on PS but I can't beleive how many people never take off their rings. Not to sleep, swim, go to the beach, shower, clean. It drives me crazy'

No on outside of the PS/good jewelry wearing community actually KNOW to take off their rings for such things. Or even to clean them at all! At family gatherings, I bring around amug with dish liquid and warm water and clean all the lady's rings with a toothbrush. They think I'm nuts, but it makes me feel better!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i'm pretty sure i would be way too excited to think of a status...maybe just a quick pic and have people wondering haha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results