shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

Lizzy, thanks for checking on me & for the good wishes. I really hope this is it too. 

Ltl, big hugs to you. (Autocorrect just corrected that to "big jugs to you," btw. So I'll wish that to you as well in the form of pg bbs very soon on the horizon.) I wrote more in the >6 thread but I'm thinking of you. 

Mia & Mlk, I hear you about delays. I never thought I'd be trying for my first at 36 (37 next month) but I guess some things happen in their own time. Hoping we're all moms soon!

Hi to everyone else. 

Afm, just anxiously  awaiting my u/s today. If you have any dust to spare, please send it my way!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. Well, I have news but it's not great. I'm 6w1d today & the doc saw a gestational sac & the beginning of a yolk sac. No embryo yet. At this time last pregnancy there was a gestational sac but no yolk sac so I guess this is progress but it's not resoundingly good news. He said that since I'm so early in my 6th week (when a lot of things change & develop) it's possible that when I come back next week there will be a fetus & even a heartbeat. But he advised me to be cautious because it could easily go the other way. (He was also concerned that my beta hcg levels were on the low side).
So, again I wait. 

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, are you kidding me? You are just being put through hell with this. I wish you had some solid answers today. Regardless, I am not giving up on you and timing is very delicate at this stage. I am going to keep dusting and praying and crossing everything that you will get 100% POSITIVE news next week. Hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs. How are you feeling?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Bright- I'm hoping you are just too early. Even a day can make a huge difference at this stage.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, I'm hoping that it's just early. I'm really hoping that next week you'll have better news. Big hugs to you.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thank you prana, Amc & china. 

Yeah, I kind of can't believe it either (though part of me suspected something like this might happen).
I'm really hoping its just too soon & am somewhat encouraged that there was more to see than last go around but the feeling is very unsettling & familiar.  I'm just feeling kind of sad & a bit jaded & numb at this point. I don't understand why this has to be so hard at every step of the way. 

Thanks for the hugs & please keep the prayers coming. 

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Oh no Bright :blackeye: I feel just terrible for you that you are faced with this uncertainty again. There are no words. Big hugs. I'll just never understand why this has to be so difficult for so many women who are so deserving. Thoughts and prayers that there is a baby and heartbeat next week. Please take care of yourself in the meantime.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Bright, sorry you have some uncertainty, but glad to hear that the start of a yolk sac was present which is an improvement from last time. Sending dust and prayers your way. Is your next ultrasound next Friday? Hugs to you and I wish you peace until the next appointment.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, mp & jgator. Yeah, this is definitely unsettling news & I really can't believe this is all happening again. Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. My next appointment is next Thursday. It's going to be a long week. 

Jgator, hoping your u/s tomorrow goes well. 

Mp, hope you're well & hi to bumby. 

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

Bright I am going to come back and write a longer post when I'm not on my phone, I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry that you have to wait another week. :( I wish I could give you a big hug or do something real for you. :( I'll keep praying for you that it was just a day or two early and you get to see the he next week. I see your next us isn't for a whole week. Ugh I'm sorry. :(sad

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Tons of healthy baby dust to you bright x

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I'm so sorry that this was not the result of the u/s that you had hoped for, however you are not out yet. The waiting frankly...SUCKS...I totally know that feeling. But you can do it. Would you want to have another beta run? That might give you more info while you wait?

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock

Bright, I am so sorry you are dealing with more waiting and uncertainty. It just isn't fair. Please know I will keep you in my prayers and hope from the bottom of my heart that next week brings you happy news. Big big hugs to you.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Bright. Fingers, toes, EVERYTHING crossed for you that it's just too early, and that your next appointment brings you the wonderful news you so deserve. DUST and HUGS!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, I've been thinking about and hope you are holding up okay. I agree with others that this waiting you have had to do both times is just so frustrating and unfair. You're a strong woman. Praying for a miracle for you and your little bean.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts & prayers. 

Tammy, thank you for your sweet post. And please know that this is something real. Having you wonderful ladies here to support me during this very difficult journey means the world to me. 

Mlk, thanks, hon. 

Lizzy, yeah, the waiting does suck. I wanted info but I almost wish I just waited until 7w to go in for the first scan. I asked my re if doing another beta would be helpful & he said they're pretty much irrelevant once you can see something via u/s. 

Jen, thank you. I'm hoping next week brings better news too. How are you & where are you cycle wise? Hoping you havens sticky bean very soon. 

Dandi, thanks for the dust & hugs. Hope you're feeling well & baking away. Your new quilt is gorgeous, btw. 

Mp, thanks for your thoughts & prayers. I think I'll need a miracle at this point. I'm still feeling pretty down but a good night's sleep helped a bit. 

So I won't be drinking at dh's birthday party this weekend but the abstinence won't be quite as fun as I'd hoped. I just hope no one is suspicious because the last thing I want is rumors circulating at this point. 

Hope everyone is having a nice Friday. 

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Oh Bright I dont know what to say :nono: I know you knew going in that it might be too early for a heartbeat, but since there was no embryo is that why the doctor wants you to be cautious? Or is there still a huge chance that it was just too early? That's what I'm hoping anyway! I know over the years of lurking on these and similar boards I have seen many many stories of women who went in too early and were told they would miscarry only to go back and see a heartbeat pounding away. I'm so hoping this turns around on Thursday! Lots of dust for you! I'll be thinking of you girl!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi Mia. Thanks for your post. I honestly don't know what the chances are that everything will be ok. After what happened last time, I'm pretty nervous. But, like you, I have also read stories online about women who had similar findings on early u/s & wound up finding a baby at subsequent  7-8 week u/s appointments. So I'm trying to take as much hope as I can from these stories to get me through the week. 
How are you doing? Where are you cycle wise? You must be approaching o time. So excited for you!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you guys had a great weekend. 

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

Hey Bright well I will be thinking lots of good thoughts for you and hoping that Thursday is here in no time!

AFM, Yes! We are just coming around the bend! I am on CD10 so I will likely O 6-9 days from today, which means we will start "trying-trying" this week! I have my pelvic exam and pap on Wednesday which should be right around the beginning of my fertile phase. I wish I could have gotten it in sooner, but this was all they had and I'm not going to put TTC off any longer. I'm also hoping that the pap doesn't interfere with my CM so I can tell when I am fertile. I did a little google research and I think I will ask her to not use a lubricant. I just don't want to miss or confuse my EWCM and I am a little worried the lubricant could affect sperm. Just hoping I ovulate sooner than later, the anticipation is killing me!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, continuing to send you and that little beans my thoughts and prayers. Over the weekend, I was curious and did a little looking, and I too some encouraging stories. You just never know! And I'm hoping beyond hope that you get your miracle!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Thanks, Mia! Wishing you the best for this cycle. I think it will be fine to have your exam on Wednesday. Another option, if you're worried about lube, is to pick up some preseed. It works well & is fertility friendly (won't harm sperm). Have fun this cycle!

Mp, I found this whole website dedicated to misdiagnosed miscarriage that gave me a lot of hope. I guess you can find just about anything on the Internet, though. :twirl: I'm really hoping for a miracle too. Thanks for thinking of me.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

WHERE MY GIRLS AT????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

This thread is so :snore:

We need to take a roll call. Who is still here? Who is in the 2WW? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Well I guess I will just talk about me then.

Things are heating up around here. Well not THAT way yet... But I've been addicted to running and I ran my first 10k Sunday and was really happy with my time! So now all my runner friends and even a client of mine are pressuring me into signing up for a half marathon and I had to tell them we are TTC. That was not something I really wanted to share, but I also don't want to waste money registering for a race I may not be able to even do. But then of course part of me is wondering if I should put anything off without knowing how long it will actually take to conceive.

Anyway, good luck this cycle everyone I hope to see some updates soon!

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Hi Mia, I'm still here.... my work has a new IT policy where they keep track of everyone's internet usage, so needless to say, I haven't been logging on to the TTC forum at work. I have been checking in on everyone but been so busy of a nighttime I just haven't had a chance to say hi. Plus of course, there's nothing going on with me.

If I Yay for your running and being able to do that. Running is just one thing I am terrible at. I have however just brought a bicycle (which I ahven't ridden for nearly 20 years) and am very excited about that. Are you anywhere near O yet cycle buddy?

Bright, thinking of you and continuing to send dust your way. I really hope you have good news on Thursday.

AFM, CD 14 here and no sign of O. If only my cycles were normal, I would be oing around now. Oh well, not much I can do about it. I booked in to get a pelvic ultrasound on Friday morning, so am a little nervous about that. I probably won't get the results until the middle of next weel however. Other than that I am worrying about my really low temps. In my LP of 12 days, my temp has never gotten higher than 36.65 (97.97) and seems to drop off (not below the ocverline but lower than its peak) after 7-8DPO. Is that something to be concerned about?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Bright, just wanted to say I'll be thinking about you and cheering you on tomorrow. I know it's hard, but I'm glad you will have some answers by this time tomorrow. Big hugs to you. You so deserve to hear good news.

Hi to everyone else! Hoping that you all get good news in the next few months. It's a tough journey when things don't happen immediately, but believe me, you can and will get to the other side!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock

MLK!!! There you are! Haha I totally understand. My employers have a no facebook policy and it kills me! I feel like I miss all the good conversations. To top it off I work 10-12 hour days! Luckily PS is not blocked at my office so I will pop on from time to time. I don't feel guilty because 12 hours is a long day.

Yay for biking! :appl: I have only been on an actual bike once in the past 12 years or so since I fell without a helmet and got a nasty concussion and even amnesia (still have no idea how I fell, or where I was for the 2ish hours I was missing before showing up at home!) :-o But I have to overcome my fears soon because I am competing in a sprint triathlon in June! I need to figure out where to rent a bike from. I have been doing spin class to practice.

O is around the corner still. Still waiting for some EWCM which I'm hoping will come tonight or tomorrow. I went to the doctor today for my pap and physical. Ugh! Of course they always seem to find things wrong with me that usually amount to nothing anyway! A few years ago it was my liver that came up abnormal in testing so I had to do a million tests before retesting the liver and it was normal. This time liver was normal, cholesterol was great, blood sugar was great, thyroid levels were great, but my white blood cells were low and my thyroid is enlarged. So now I have to do more testing for the white blood cells, which she said could have been a virus in my system at the time. And I have to get an ultrasound on my thyroid which it looks like can be any number of things. I do think it is strange that my thyroid levels were fine with an enlarged thyroid. So we'll see what happens with these things.

Another interesting thing she said was that while they want your iron at a 10, mine was 13, but she wants it to be at 20 so she wants me to take a supplement and eat more red meat. I thought that was really interesting since I already eat a lot of leafy green veggies that have iron in them (although not a ton of red meat because we try to only eat grassfed and it is expensive!). I have been feeling tired though and she said it will give me more energy. She also said it could be because of my heavy periods too so if I want I can just supplement during AF. And she said my uterus and cervix are in the perfect spot and missionary position will be best for conception. So that was good news!

Oh and your low temps: Mine are low too, usually around 97.7 post O and only a few times has it gone above 98. I think some people are just colder than others. I think whether there is a biphasic shift is more important. Mine also heads downhill after 7-8ish DPO. I'm telling myself that it means I will be able to test. But then again I used to have a short LP (9 days I think) and I was worried about that, but lately it has been 12-13.

Bright Good luck tomorrow!!!! I'm so glad I am on the west coast and will be looking for good news from you around lunch time tomorrow!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

mlk|1336561462|3190884 said:
Other than that I am worrying about my really low temps. In my LP of 12 days, my temp has never gotten higher than 36.65 (97.97) and seems to drop off (not below the ocverline but lower than its peak) after 7-8DPO. Is that something to be concerned about?

My temps were always around 96.5 pre-O, and around 97.3 post-O. The highest they would ever get was 97.9. I did have my thyroid checked. It was a but high, but still in the normal range. If you are concerned about anything that's where I'd start...but more than likely you just run cool.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock

Hi everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA.

Bright I fully expected you to have good news by now! Sending prayers and dust for some super good news soon!! :wavey:

How is everyone else?

AFM - I finally got CD1 and I am now attributing all my weird symptoms to coming off BC and maybe ovulating. This month I am going to try to actually chart. I graduated from law school, so my life should be settling down..as much as possible anyway. :naughty:

mlk

Shiny_Rock

Mia and AMC, thanks for your thoughts on my temps. I do have hypothyroidism, but am medicated so much that I am borderline the other way, so I don't think that should affect my temps. You're probably right, maybe I am just cold blooded :twisted:

Mia, I know you said your was fine but enlarged, do you know what your TSH was. I ahve found that there is some differing opinions on how low your TSH should be. Old regulations were between 0.5-5, but is now more likely 0.3- 3. Most drs like it between 1-2 for TTC. Last time mine was checked it had gone from 5.9 to 0.15 and the endo said that was fine.

Sarah, congrats on finishing law school. now the real fun begins! It was only today I was remembering the time I graduated (I saw some graduates dressed up across from my work building) and how long ago that now seems (8 years). ENjoy this time. Oh and good luck this month!

Bright, still thinking of you and senidng you tonnes of dust from oz. Hopefully you will ahve good news when I wake up and log in.

AFM, pelvic ultrasound in the morning, am a little worried about it. Is there anything else they can check other than PCOS? Anything I should be aware of, questions to ask etc?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock

Hi guys. Just wanted to pop in & thank everyone for their good wishes for my u/s today. It feels good knowing I have so many lovely ladies cheering for me. I'm running around like crazy today, but will try to post more to everyone soon. Only 3 hours to go. 

Eta: mlk, good luck on your u/s today. If it's a saline u/s, they will check ovaries for cysts (pcos) but they also check out your anatomy in general to make sure there are no major irregularities getting in your way. I hope it goes well. You might want to take some Advil beforehand as some find it uncomfortable (I did).

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock

Good Luck today Bright! Praying for a heartbeat!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results