Brilliant_Rock
getting antsy here for updates! :wavey:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Soon, ;-), Omw home

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo... I just got home.

Today, I got out of work at 3, drove through a monsoon to get to NYC - called IDJ TWICE to tell them I was going to be late (they close at 5:30, I called and asked for 6, then 6:30). I get to the lincoln tunnel at 6:10 - i'm in the clear, right? WRONG, parking lot for the next 45 minutes - why? stalled car in the tunnel. We make it into the city, we're routed random directions end up in TIMES SQUARE! I'm now panicking, Yekutiel told me he needed to be out by 7, it's 6:54... we finally make it near the diamond district, i run to IDJ...

and I see my diamond. I didn't have time to browse as I had hoped... but maybe next time. I could see the inclusion on the H, the I is beautiful. I took a nice video to show you ladies but i need to figure out how to mute it first, then upload, then share link.

FF is happy this is over with, he loves it, ...I just keep staring at my videos :).

if anyone knows how to mute the vid, let me know! I couldn't get any good cell phone pics and I felt bad because he had stayed there 1.5 hours after closing :(.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squee!! You got your diamond!!! :) I'm so happy you found the one and the search is over :D!!

I have no idea how to mute a video.. I know it's possible b/c I've seen youtube videos with nothing but silence. Maybe you can google "How to remove sound from _____" and insert the type of video it is?

I hope you figure it out! I wanna see that sparkly baby!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg that driving madness sounds..like madness!! I'm glad you were able to squeeze in and take a look around at least. did you end up purchasing the I already or do you just know that's the one you want? I don't know of any way to remove video but I'm sure a quick internet search should be helpful...get on it so we can see pretty video of your beautiful diamond!!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahh so happy that you made it safe! How nice of him to stay and allow you to at least see those two diamonds! Can't wait for the video!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Awesome!! How nice of him to stay late! I'm sorry you didn't get to play around more, but at least you know you love the I!!! I can't wait to see the video!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
soooo, there's no way to upload the video and remove sound, i'm going to have to download some software...

sucks.

As a side note, the boy sent my video to his mom. After she stopped gushing (she's old school and isn't all about diamonds or jewelry, thinks it's flashy - so i'm glad she liked it), she asked "so are you engaged yet?" His response: "No I haven't asked yet," My response: "No I haven't said yes yet."

I keep staring at the video... soooo pretty.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a crappy phone shot in the mean time:

side question: is that fire i caught? There are blue AND yellow flashes

p.s. Stone has no fluor

IMAG0426.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
nicstx|1336582826|3191139 said:
soooo, there's no way to upload the video and remove sound, i'm going to have to download some software...

sucks.

As a side note, the boy sent my video to his mom. After she stopped gushing (she's old school and isn't all about diamonds or jewelry, thinks it's flashy - so i'm glad she liked it), she asked "so are you engaged yet?" His response: "No I haven't asked yet," My response: "No I haven't said yes yet."

I keep staring at the video... soooo pretty.

aww boo!!! that is too cute that he sent the video to his mom. I'm glad she liked it!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Bummer about the video!

And, uh, WOW!! I wouldn't call that a crappy pic!!! LOVE IT!!!!

ETA: YES!! Looks like FIRE to me!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely beautiful on you, nice sticks! I'm glad his momma approves :appl: and is happy for you two. You're size 5.5? It looks HUGEEE on you! I want me a big un too!

and yes, those flashes are it's "fire" :))*

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
omg!!! that is a great pic for cell phone pics! it looks amazing, and love that fire!! such the perfect size too!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336584430|3191184 said:
It's absolutely beautiful on you, nice sticks! I'm glad his momma approves :appl: and is happy for you two. You're size 5.5? It looks HUGEEE on you! I want me a big un too!

and yes, those flashes are it's "fire" :))*

ooh...if you're a 5.5, so am I!!! this makes me so happy, it's the same finger coverage and carat size I would want for my ring!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
ha, yeah 5.5 - the stone was just resting on the setting so I could see what it looked like

Here's the side view

As another side comment, the stone is eye clean from the top, could see the inclusion with a 30x loupe, and eye clean from the side. Flip it over - however, you can see what looks like a sizeable inclusion. crazy huh?

Stone = 1.5 HCA, AGA 1A
Color wise - I didn't want to see it compared to any other stones. I told him to take it out first and to see if I could see color. I see some warmth but I don't think it'll bother me. :bigsmile: It's too sparkly for me to care at this point <3

IMAG0426.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
nicstx|1336584741|3191198 said:
As another side comment, the stone is eye clean from the top, could see the inclusion with a 30x loupe, and eye clean from the side. Flip it over - however, you can see what looks like a sizeable inclusion. crazy huh?

Remind me again.. an SI1 or 2? That's the type of inclusion I'm going to be looking for in my diamond. Eye clean from up top. I don't give a darn if you can see it elsewhere, as no one would be looking from there!

You've got yourself such a wonderful find!! When are you finalizing the purchase? Getting it set?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
SI2 - the inclusion you can see on the underside is a needle. The H had only twinning wisps - but one was significant. Also sparkled beautifully.

I could see arrows in both, but the H's arrows looked white when reflecting and the I's looked black at times and white at others. I believe this had to do with the angles and proportions. Both were beautiful, both sparkled - so 60/60 stones should be something some people should look at as well. The H had an HCA of 1.7/1.8 (angle vs %) and AGA 2A - it was also 1000 cheaper.

I was going to pay flat out when I decided I wanted it, but was persuaded by my mother to put a deposit till I saw the final product. I'm fine either way.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
YAYAYAYAY!! Congrats, it's GORGEOUS!! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1336585033|3191212 said:
Remind me again.. an SI1 or 2? That's the type of inclusion I'm going to be looking for in my diamond. Eye clean from up top. I don't give a darn if you can see it elsewhere, as no one would be looking from there!

You've got yourself such a wonderful find!! When are you finalizing the purchase? Getting it set?
Perfect philosophy IMO. I don't have mind clean issues. If I can't see it, it isn't there!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Nic--
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you!!!! I have been on the road for work all day and just logged in at the office to take a peek!
It looks gorgeous and DEFINITELY white! I think you made an awesome choice!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
awesome cell phone photog nic!

That stone is GORGEOUS!!!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
So did you decide on the setting? The Vatche Tiffany repro? Or something else!?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
i didn't have much time to think to be honest, I didn't get to see any other ones - he told me to just go with the one i've been looking at. Vatche u113 it is!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. :) thanks everyone. I haven't told anyone IRL that we did this, only my parents, sister and best friend know. I just told everyone that I've handed the reigns over to him and we're just taking it day by day - which is pretty true

audball

Ideal_Rock
Then it's all decided then!! YAY!! Can't wait to see it!!

Do you have a timeline on proposal?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Ha, nope, just marriage lol. It won't happen till august thought at least. I kinda don't like that I know that

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! How have I been missing this thread?!

That stone is beautiful!!! :love:

Congrats!!!!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Mico|1336682866|3192372 said:
Ha, nope, just marriage lol. It won't happen till august thought at least. I kinda don't like that I know that

August? Long time! :errrr:

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
CaprineSun|1336697134|3192574 said:
WOW! How have I been missing this thread?!

That stone is beautiful!!! :love:

Congrats!!!!

:) it's not mine yeeeeeeeeeet

Phdecorate said:
Mico|1336682866|3192372 said:

August? Long time! :errrr:

I know, my dad doesn't ask for much and he asked that we do this his way ("do it right" were the exact words). In my culture the guy's family usually comes with the boy to the girls family's house, they meet, chit chat, and then the family usually asks for the boy and girl to get to know each other better. So in old school world, you don't "date" until you're engaged. In this case his family isn't coming technically to us, we're all meeting up somewhere.

It's something that I asked FF about, which he agreed to... reluctantly. I think he was planning on something but this threw a wrench in it. It's nice of him, however, to give my dad this one thing. I really think my dad is happy with everything, and feel comforted that it's being done "right."

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
!!!

The seller just posted her diamond on preloved. I'm kinda annoyed by her wording... "serious buyers" - rant over

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/gia-certif-excel-cut-rb-2-14-carat-diamond-for-sale-t175320.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/gia-certif-excel-cut-rb-2-14-carat-diamond-for-sale-t175320.html[/URL]

I'm just happy we got our diamond and ring for MUCH less than she wants for her diamond alone - with NO clouds, and a better cut... but and I and not a G with a .2mm difference. meh

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results