shape
carat
color
clarity

Does your FF know you post on PS?

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336509665|3190384 said:
It IS hilarious, but sometimes I just wanna be like "dude, stop asking so many questions!!" B.E.G. is fabulous, the other one is the lovely Clairitek. She just recently hosted a little party that we went to, and I was sooo nervous because other PSers were going to be there and I just knew the "How do you all know each other?" topic was going to be broached by BF with the new people. Luckily he showed up late and so only met Neatfreak, but Claire and I were almost dying laughing because Neatfreak and BF were talking and she definitely dropped the words "Pricescope," "jewelry," "diamonds," etc on more than one occasion, and I think it went completely over his head.

I'm going to have to 'fess up soon, I can't handle the stress of faking a story anymore. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome. Yeah, I think you're going to have to come clean eventually. Especially since so many PSers live in your state and I know both of the ones you're close too are in touch with a ton of others in real life. It's going to come out eventually. :Up_to_something:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Sun-Shine|1336533300|3190705 said:
Here is the short version: I'm not choosing a diamond for an engagement ring so it's super easy as I have a "wish-list" on the ring website with three rings I like equally. He and I agreed we want the whole thing to be a surprise, even the ring so at this point it's up to him. There was about a month or two that we hit shops and websites with him saying "yes, no, ugly, weird, don't like that piece on the side, I can't imagine it in yellow, can you find a picture with it on a hand, that hand doesn't look like yours, lets go to the mall and look again..." So for all I know there is a ring in the house!! If I HAD to guess, I'd guess not until x-mas, as it's my favourite/least busy time of year :)

What are you thinking Andrew will do? I know you're getting close! :D

This forum is my ONLY guilty little pleasure, I don't even have FB lol!
So if not a diamond, are you going for a colored stone or just a plain band? I want to see your choices!! So exciting! I love Christmas time too. I wouldn't want it to be on Christmas Eve or Christmas, but that general time of year would be awesome. It'll be trick to avoid all the other events in December, though. My birthday is in the first week of December, Andrew's in the third week, then Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and New Year's Eve/New Year's Day. Between our birthdays would be fun, and then we could celebrate with family at Christmas. I'm sincerely hoping for an engagement this year, around Christmastime, but we'll see. Our ring will be here next week. I have absolutely NO idea what he'll do. He's definitely a more simple guy. I'm hoping we can afford to go do a weekend "for our birthdays" somewhere this year. We talked about it last year and it just didn't come together. That could be the perfect opportunity between our birthdays, before Christmas, private, somewhere we could return to reminisce...a dream.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Magpie09|1336552544|3190843 said:
Bahaha. Just say you met in Juvie :tongue:
:lol: Perfect! ;-)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Magpie09|1336552703|3190844 said:
Me too! I think about flying over for one of the catch ups sometimes.

Any Aussie LIWs out there?
Ditto. I'm in Florida. It seems most of the PSers (at least that I know of offline) are in California. Pretty far from me :-/
I swear though, if we do manage to get married in SF City Hall, I hope to meet a few of them while I'm over there!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Magpie09|1336552908|3190845 said:
I'm huming the Mission Impossible theme to myself as I read your post :bigsmile: Wonder how long you can keep it up before he catches on.

Haha, I honestly think he's already there. I'm friends with a bunch of PS people on FB and we have our own little group chats and things, and one of them actually sold me a Cartier trinity ring that didn't fit her very well. BF paid for it as a Christmas gift to me, and the whole time he was like "Who is this friend, again? Where do you know her from?" :lol:

Then another time they were all helping me out with something and I mentioned to him that my "FB friends" were helping me, and he said "Oh, are you talking about your jewelry friends?"

And then at Claire's party when neatfreak said something about how we all love jewelry and that's what brought us together, he commented that "yeah, I get it! You girls like your jewelry and we [referring to himself, Claire's DH, and neatfreaks DH] like our guns/beer/cigars/whatever."

So I think he knows, he just hasn't ever brought it up to me. And now I'm afraid to bring it up because I wonder if he'll be annoyed that I didn't just tell him the truth in the first place.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336575185|3191028 said:

Awesome. Yeah, I think you're going to have to come clean eventually. Especially since so many PSers live in your state and I know both of the ones you're close too are in touch with a ton of others in real life. It's going to come out eventually. :Up_to_something:

Yeah. We're friends with a bunch of common PSers and we always talk about them when we get together as if they're our close friends that we just haven't seen in a long time, and I know BF is always wondering who the hell we're talking about. When I first met Clairitek, after meeting B.E.G., Claire definitely let her DH in on the "secret PS" thing we had going on, and he totally played along.

It's hilarious how elaborate and far-reaching this story has gotten, really. Too funny! :lol:

Sun-Shine

Rough_Rock
audball|1336575462|3191031 said:
Sun-Shine|1336533300|3190705 said:
Here is the short version: I'm not choosing a diamond for an engagement ring so it's super easy as I have a "wish-list" on the ring website with three rings I like equally. He and I agreed we want the whole thing to be a surprise, even the ring so at this point it's up to him. There was about a month or two that we hit shops and websites with him saying "yes, no, ugly, weird, don't like that piece on the side, I can't imagine it in yellow, can you find a picture with it on a hand, that hand doesn't look like yours, lets go to the mall and look again..." So for all I know there is a ring in the house!! If I HAD to guess, I'd guess not until x-mas, as it's my favourite/least busy time of year :)

What are you thinking Andrew will do? I know you're getting close! :D

This forum is my ONLY guilty little pleasure, I don't even have FB lol!
So if not a diamond, are you going for a colored stone or just a plain band? I want to see your choices!! So exciting! I love Christmas time too. I wouldn't want it to be on Christmas Eve or Christmas, but that general time of year would be awesome. It'll be trick to avoid all the other events in December, though. My birthday is in the first week of December, Andrew's in the third week, then Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and New Year's Eve/New Year's Day. Between our birthdays would be fun, and then we could celebrate with family at Christmas. I'm sincerely hoping for an engagement this year, around Christmastime, but we'll see. Our ring will be here next week. I have absolutely NO idea what he'll do. He's definitely a more simple guy. I'm hoping we can afford to go do a weekend "for our birthdays" somewhere this year. We talked about it last year and it just didn't come together. That could be the perfect opportunity between our birthdays, before Christmas, private, somewhere we could return to reminisce...a dream.

I have nooooo clue how to PM LOL so I can send you some pics :)

Between you're b-days is an IDEAL time of year, all the lights and snow!! Maybe we'll be engagement buddies!! :)

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336583857|3191165 said:
audball|1336575185|3191028 said:

Yeah. We're friends with a bunch of common PSers and we always talk about them when we get together as if they're our close friends that we just haven't seen in a long time, and I know BF is always wondering who the hell we're talking about. When I first met Clairitek, after meeting B.E.G., Claire definitely let her DH in on the "secret PS" thing we had going on, and he totally played along.

It's hilarious how elaborate and far-reaching this story has gotten, really. Too funny! :lol:
Oh goodness! Hahah. Claire's husband rocks for playing along!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1336584257|3191176 said:

Oh, totally. And it's even funnier because I think if they got to see each other more often, there'd be a serious bro-mance going on between FF and Claire's DH. FF LOVES hanging out with them, and actually always ask me when we're going to see Claire and Claire's DH again because "I really like them and think we should see them more." Hahaha :lol:

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1336584925|3191206 said:
audball|1336584257|3191176 said:

Oh, totally. And it's even funnier because I think if they got to see each other more often, there'd be a serious bro-mance going on between FF and Claire's DH. FF LOVES hanging out with them, and actually always ask me when we're going to see Claire and Claire's DH again because "I really like them and think we should see them more." Hahaha :lol:
Hahah. That makes it even MORE awesome.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
BF does know I post here and he knows my username. He also knows about "the list" and that I was list keeper for a while. I don't think he has ever looked at the boards unless there was something I wanted to tell him about or show him.

Like a few of the other ladies, BF doesn't post to forums, but he is always reading CNN, ESPN, local news and follows a blog-type website about our favorite sports team. So, usually when I'm on PS (unless he is at work), he is reading the news.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I find it hilarious that we could all very likely be the best of friends in real life and that are FFs would also probably all get along!!

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
MayFlowers|1336738566|3192871 said:
BF does know I post here and he knows my username. He also knows about "the list" and that I was list keeper for a while. I don't think he has ever looked at the boards unless there was something I wanted to tell him about or show him.

Like a few of the other ladies, BF doesn't post to forums, but he is always reading CNN, ESPN, local news and follows a blog-type website about our favorite sports team. So, usually when I'm on PS (unless he is at work), he is reading the news.

My bf does this as well. He's worse than me and PS!

audball said:
I find it hilarious that we could all very likely be the best of friends in real life and that are FFs would also probably all get along!!

Haha probably.

audball

Ideal_Rock
:bigsmile: too bad we don't all live closer!! :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results